Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

swelling??????

+3
SG007
nads
amanda2k10
7 posters

Go down

swelling?????? Empty swelling??????

Post by amanda2k10 22nd February 2009, 12:28 pm

hi girls,
well all i want to know really is how do you know if you have too much swelling and need to see the nurse????
the thing is since having my strapping removed on day 6 i have noticed more swelling on my boobs (more in the right boob). i have had no pain so far and im not now really but im deffinatley aware of them and my muscles are pulling more than before(unders).
on my right boob i can also feel the swelling under my arm pits.
if i call the nurse and she wants to see me i will have to travel for two hours to see her and i dont really want to have to go unless its totally nessisary(cant spell heehee).
oh and another thing if the swelling is normal how long b4 it goes???? im on day 9 now so i thought things would be much better by now and i feel like i have taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back :x
any tips or help are most welcome
thanks again girls
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

swelling?????? Empty Re: swelling??????

Post by nads 22nd February 2009, 12:30 pm

Hi hun, its normal to feel that after all the strapping comes off because it was all holding it in before, swelling takes around 3-6 weeks to go down fully so give it some time. Drinking lots of water can help too. Maybe call your ps/nurse and ask if you can use ice packs on your boobs as that can ease the swelling too, i dont think you need to go down there though hun but if you're really worried give them a call x

Last edited by nads on 22nd February 2009, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 22nd February 2009, 12:35 pm

Hello, I dont know specifically as didnt have unders. However i still have swelling inbetween my boobs going down VERY SLOWLY grrr. My left one is also giving me more grief lol its slightly more swollen than the right to. So I would say its totally normal given its such early days. Im only 8 days ahead of you ha ha

xxx Boobs
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 22nd February 2009, 12:36 pm

thanks hunni,
i think that because i have had such an easy ride with my ba, that the smallest things are scaring me lol.
also because the nurse told me to keep an eye out for swelling and now im not sure if i have too much swelling or the amount i have is ok.
i will get on the water hunni and see how i go
thats again for the reassurance
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 22nd February 2009, 12:45 pm

weichardt wrote:thanks hunni,
i think that because i have had such an easy ride with my ba, that the smallest things are scaring me lol.

I know exactly what you mean because i was the same, my ps said if something was wrong you would really know, if one ballooned double the size for example! A little swelling is very normal hun like SG007 said too x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by emrussell79 22nd February 2009, 12:46 pm

Hiya hun, i would keep your eye on it until the morning and if its no better phone the nurse hunnie. I realise you dont want to go to the clinic, i hav to go on tuesday on the train nd it takes me an hour to get there from home so i understand you not wanting to go so far. BUT, your best getting some advise, explain it over the phone, tell her you CANT get in to see her but just need some advise and see what she says. Best to be safe but im sure its all ok xx
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 317

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 22nd February 2009, 12:59 pm

I'm sure it's totally normal - I had the swelling under my armpits too and it's totally gone now. Mine started and ended before yours as I didn't have the strapping which I guess holds everything in tight. I also have the feeling that my muscles are pulling...not in any pain anymore but am constantly worrying that I'm overdoing it!

I'm sure you're fine but if you're really worried give the nurse a call. Could you e-mail her a pic instead of travelling all that way?

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 22nd February 2009, 2:43 pm

Awww Amanda, I've only just come online and seen this.I've pm'd you hun. I too am still suffering from the swelling... especially under my arms and my bra does feel a little tighter all over. The best way I can describe my boobs at the moment is a slightly milder feeling of when your milk comes in.. is that how yours feels? They feel rock solid and still like rocks strapped to my chest!

Like Nads said, I tend to think we're all built with this internal censor that deep down tells us when something really isn't right. If you're still worried in the morning why not just phone the nurse, she may be able to reassure you over the phone.

Take care hun, and keep us posted.

Angel xx
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 22nd February 2009, 9:35 pm

Just wondering how you're diddling Amanda? Has it gone down any? I know how uncomfortable it is...

Mine disappeared quite suddenly so I hope yours does too

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 22nd February 2009, 10:17 pm

still the same hunni but no worse which im sure is a good sign, i have felt a little better about it today much better then yesterday and this morning thanks to you girlies.
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 22nd February 2009, 10:45 pm

Cant remember when my swelling went down exactly but think it was around 6 weeks it all takes time :) x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 23rd February 2009, 10:29 am

right boob seems to have settled a little today so feeling much better. its still swollen at the side of the boob but gone down a little bit at the top.
just thought i should let you all know
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 23rd February 2009, 10:40 am

Good! x