Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overnight or daycase?

+6
annefinackapan
SG007
Angelpie
LJK
nads
TinyMe
10 posters

Go down

Overnight or daycase? Empty Overnight or daycase?

Post by TinyMe 15th February 2009, 9:03 pm

Hi all!
i have been at MYA and they do daycase or overnight...
I asked and my boyfriend can't stay the night with me (same as Mybreast), and I think I would like him around....on the other hand it might feel reassuring to have doctors and nurses around for the first night?
What did you all do?
If you had overnight, do you think you could have gone with daycase?
If you had daycase, did you feel OK going home?

Please let me know what you think!
TinyMe
TinyMe
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Overnight or daycase? Empty Re: Overnight or daycase?

Post by nads 15th February 2009, 9:10 pm

I stayed overnight as my surgeon prefers it incase anything happens. I was really well looked after by the nurses and was checked on every couple of hours (BP, blood ox level etc). I did my BA alone and was fine and well looked after. I think i could've done it as a daycase as everything went smoothly but Im really glad i did stay overnight though x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 15th February 2009, 9:11 pm

i've elected to have an overnight stay, purely from past experience with anestetic,- i'm not too good afterwards. So I would prefer to stay overnight and be looked after.
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 15th February 2009, 9:18 pm

I'm going in on Tuesday as a daycase. Hopefully I'll go down early for my op so I can recover a little before the journey home. I just love my own bed and would feel happier to be in my own house with my boyfriend and kids near me. I live close enough that it wouldn't take too long to rush back to the hospital. I also accept that if things don't go to plan I may need to stay overnight, but I'll let you know on Tuesday what happens!

Angel xx
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 15th February 2009, 9:18 pm

I went thru HMG and they only do an over night stay. Although I didnt have any real pain more discomfort, im glad I stayed at the hospital overnight. I was so out of it from the anesethic/pain killers and stiffness, I really couldnt be bothered to do anything myself. It also put my mind at ease that if anything did go wrong atleast I was in the right place. I couldnt have imagined travelling home or staying in a hotel that night...I NEEDED THE ADJUSTABLE BED lol xx:lol:
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 15th February 2009, 9:22 pm

SG007 wrote:I NEEDED THE ADJUSTABLE BED lol xx :lol:

Hell yes!! I was loving that!! I wanted to take it home Hysterical Really made sleeping easier x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 15th February 2009, 9:26 pm

I was a day case but they would have kept me in if any complications arose and I live only a mile away from the clinic. I was absolutley fine . I had overs which may make a difference painwise though. Also I'm a nurse so was pretty confident about post op recovery and what to expect. They will not discharge you unless they are 100% happy with your recovery, pain levels etc I can assure you from a medical point of view.

Good luck!

Anne x
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 15th February 2009, 11:37 pm

hi hunni,
i had overnight stay with mya and had op in doncaster, there was lots and lots of hotels within walking distance of the hospital and my hubby found one while i was having my op. partners are allowed to stay till 9pm so he went to his hotel at 9pm and came back at 8am.
not sure if this helps you
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 16th February 2009, 7:46 am

Hiya

I could have done mine as a day case as I had no probs and woke up from the GA feeling as bright as a button with no sickness. BUT I was glad I stayed overnight as it was reassuring - it was nice to feel looked after and I didn't feel lonely when my sister went as I had lots of mags and the tv. I actually enjoyed the peace and quiet and being able to please myself as I have 2 kids at home! I would personally go for the overnight stay just incase as you don't know how you'll feel and how much pain you'll be in, and your boyf will probably be able to stay as late as he wants anyway. I don't think we had visiting hours - we just did what we liked!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 16th February 2009, 9:59 pm

I was a day case, I went down at about 2pm and couldn't wait to get home!!!!

My OH was amazing, he's just a great man, he looked after me so well. I actually went shopping after my BA, I felt so good. I just wanted to be in my own bed, and with my own pillows and TV etc.

As Anne said, they wont send you home if they think they need to monitor you though. It depends on what you feel you'd prefer. I forgot to mention, the nurse called me to check I'd got home and also in the morning to make sure all was well which was good

xx

Last edited by RoxyChick on 16th February 2009, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 16th February 2009, 10:31 pm

I had overnight and glad i did. It was good to be looked after properly and in the right place for the first night x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down