Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daycase or overnight ? Help!

+4
pinkbabe
Abs99
lindylou22
xokerryxo
8 posters

Go down

Daycase or overnight ? Help!  Empty Daycase or overnight ? Help!

Post by xokerryxo 3rd March 2011, 7:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

Really don't know which to choose !

If I have a daycase I save £400 but am worried that the first night at home will be really bad, pain, can't move and just worried about every little sting etc!

Or do I stay overnight pay more, relax knowing I am in safe hands although with this option I am worried that I may hate the hospital feel lonely and just want to get home ?

I will be having overs and live approx one hour drive from hospital.

Any info or what made the decision for you would be really helpful!

Thanks xxxx
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Daycase or overnight ? Help!  Empty Re: Daycase or overnight ? Help!

Post by lindylou22 3rd March 2011, 8:05 pm

Hi hun, having just come home from a 20 minute drive from the hospital, I would recommend overnight lol!! It's really nice to be home actually, and I've relaxed so much more and feel better for it. So, if you've got a nice calm driver to take you home, then you may well be ok!

I was first in today; I went in at 8.30am, and by about 4pm I felt wide awake, comfortable and well enough to go home. I think the latest day cases go home about 9.30pm, although that could just be at my hospital.

Perhaps you could consider booking day case, and then on the day if you're last in or really don't feel up to going home you could ask to stay? I know some companies won't even charge extra for it if they feel it's in your benefit, but then others will charge you the extra. I think they're also likely to put you earlier in the queue if you're a day case in order to give you that extra time for recovery before you leave!!

If you can bear the drive and think you'd be more comfortable at home, and have someone at home to help support you and get you things, then don't worry about being in too much pain or discomfort, because the hospital should sort you out in that respect anyway.

Hope I've given you something to think about!!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by Abs99 3rd March 2011, 8:09 pm

Lots of girls on here have been perfectly fine on day cases but for me I worried that what if something DID go wrong, I too live an hour away from my hospital and thought I'd be in the best place staying overnight, I also thought I'd be bored/uncomfortable/lonely but too be honest I was so tired it was nice to just rest and sleep without being disturbed but the comfort of knowing a nurse was just a buzz away should I need them and they are so nice and helpful.
Abs99
Abs99
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 3rd March 2011, 8:31 pm

I stayed overnight but didn't really have must choice as I live in cardiff and my BA was at the highgate London. Given the choice even if I had lived nearer I think I would of stayed overnight just because it was nice to be by myself and recover. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd March 2011, 8:47 pm

I stayed at a hotel just over half an hour away from the hospital when I had my day case. It was so much cheaper and all I had to do if I had a problem was ring the hospital and get my boyfriend to drive me back. I was in no pain at all after my op (had overs) and I felt fine, went for a KFC and watched tv in the room. I felt much more comfortable being with my boyfriend as I hate hospitals. I felt fine so I think I would have been bored on my own in a hospital. Obviously I had no reason to ring the hospital or go back.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond2223 4th March 2011, 1:21 pm

I stayed overnight and wouldn't have wanted to go home same day . I too thought I'd hate staying in the hospital but it was fine and I'm really glad I did . I wasn't given the option of saving money and being daycase , infact I haggled £500 off the price anyhow , but I would have paid extra to stay .Xx I think you just have to go with your gut instinct and what you personally will be happier with
Diamond2223
Diamond2223
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 4th March 2011, 1:33 pm

Hey hun... I'm a day case(in 18 days)

I went with Transform and it was like 500 to book to stay over but they don't charge u any extra to stay if u don't feel well enough to go home!

My friend ended up staying over at no extra charge but my other friend didn't (I ended up picking her up and. We went shopping and for dinner xxxxx

Hope that helps xxxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 4th March 2011, 6:28 pm

I was a day case but had to stay as my blood pressure was too low to come home, they didnt charge me extra, and I was relieved to be staying over night and just chill. Ususally I hate hospitals, but when its private you have your own room and en-suite bathroom so its not like being in hospital really.
I dont think money should come into it, the best care is far more important, and in the grand scheme of things an extra few hundred quid is neither here or there, IMO of course x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by xokerryxo 4th March 2011, 7:08 pm

Thank you ladies, given me lots to think about :) there are so many decisions to make but sure I will get there ! Xxxx
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down