Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting measured

+2
Lucy106
Ftmum1986
6 posters

Go down

Getting measured Empty Getting measured

Post by Ftmum1986 26th August 2016, 12:01 pm

Hey ladies! Where do you think are the best places to get measured? I'm not quite there yet, got my almost 6 week appt next week with my surgeon and I hope he may say I can start wearing normal bras fairly soon so will then need to get myself measured....so exciting!

Also have any of you found that your size has changed since your first measurements? I don't want to make the mistake of buying too many bras in one size and discovering they don't all fit later down the line, lol!

Thanks x
Ftmum1986
Ftmum1986
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Getting measured Empty Re: Getting measured

Post by Lucy106 26th August 2016, 9:38 pm

I got measured in bravissimo but found they measured a bit big to be honest. They measured me 30f but I only have one bra in that size - the rest are 30e or 32dd. Boux avenue are good although I don't like the fit of their bras. 

This is the most exciting bit - bra buying! I haven't held back - I have zillions of bras and went mad at the 6wk mark. They all still fit too! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 27th August 2016, 9:04 pm

No size change for me either, bras become more comfortable over time. Same as Lucy, Boux ave measured me to be a 30F but I find 30e/32dd to be more comfortable. Do definitely get measured (and go to a couple of places) to get an idea of size and then it's a case of try on any bra in those sizes, keeping in mind sister sizes. Happy shopping when you get the all clear. I didn't start wire wearing till 4/5 months, but there are some lovely wireless bras about xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Ftmum1986 28th August 2016, 5:14 am

Thanks so much for your replies! I've had a look and don't have a boux avenue near me but will try some other places and go from there! This is the really exciting part, just hope I get the all clear! As for wires I'll have to ask but not worried if I just need to get wireless for time being!

Bkozk - by sister sizes do you mean that if you go up a band size you should then go down a cup size?

Thanks x
Ftmum1986
Ftmum1986
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 28th August 2016, 8:14 am

Debenhams, house of frazer and boux avenue worked for me. 34 e or 34f, m& s reckoned i was a 36 band Shocked

Yep, Alright mate! Lmao!
Avoid them!
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by ScotsGirl78 28th August 2016, 11:18 am

I move to non-wired bras this week. Tried a couple on yest - 32D (the only non-wired ones I could find in Triumph and CK).They did not fit at all!  Girl in Triumph said I need a DD. 
So, I've not been measured per se, I'm just going with what feels / looks ok. 
M&S still do the old-fashioned +4 to your band so they measured me at 34D a few weeks ago which I bought as it was a sports bra and wanted the extra comfort of the looser band. But I wouldn't normally go for the bigger band - there's a lot of arguments against their fitting methods. 

Tbh I can't see how your band size should have changed since the op (others may correct me in that) so I'd stick with that band and then try several cups to see what fits. 

I'm going shopping again tomorrow to hopefully find something nice and non-wired! 

xx
ScotsGirl78
ScotsGirl78
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 28th August 2016, 12:23 pm

Yes sister size, up band size down cup. My measurements are 28f but I don't like how tight they are so I find 30e best and in some bras 32 dd on tightens or middle hook works too. 
No your band won't have changed but it's knowing if you were on the correct band to start with. I never knew that I was in fact a 28 or that bras went that small, always wore a 32 c and as it turns out I should have been wearing a 30d. It's a definite science this bra business and personally think at the age of 13 when schools do the birds n bees talk they should call in a fully trained bra fitter to explain to girls how to measure correctly. My 13yr old cousin who I spend time with recently was in a 36c. Bless her, it was riding so high on her back, but is what her mum put her in. I got out the tape measure and she should have been in a 32c. Just goes to show none of us are born with the knowledge and need to be educated x
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ftmum1986 28th August 2016, 7:36 pm

Thank you all so much, really useful to read your experiences! I'll be honest I haven't been measured for years and years so my 34 band may not be correct so we'll have to see what I'm measured! Just excited to find some pretty bras that fit! X
Ftmum1986
Ftmum1986
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 28th August 2016, 9:46 pm

My vote would be for John Lewis, they were fantastic when I went for my first sports bra, and my first wired. 32E in my first sports bra (still had swelling as was only 2 weeks post op) Proper bras mainly a 32DD and occasionally 32E depending on brand. My size hasn't changed from the start, they just fill the bra better. A lot of people do tend to go up in size eventually though so don't go too mad at first just in case ..... I know it's hard though haha xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 28th August 2016, 9:50 pm

I do try to buy in sales. That way if I do change size no biggy but if not I can still buy lots ;-) x
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 28th August 2016, 9:52 pm

Wise lady, wish I'd done that, I'd have saved a fortune x
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 28th August 2016, 9:54 pm

It's hard not to go crazy but I've limited to only looking when there's a sale otherwise my husband will go mental lol x
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down