Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got an infection :(

+9
drinkeroftea
Twinky
anneritchley
Mammamia
mirren001
Charlii
dling1
Emma71
Montana
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I've got an infection :( Empty I've got an infection :(

Post by Montana 11th July 2015, 2:23 pm

Help! so I did exactly what I said I wouldn't and did way too much yesterday. Then last night I felt sore in my incision so I put a panty liner between it and my Macom bra. Checked it today and there's blood and yellow puss all over it nope

It's exactly what I was afraid of. I've cleaned it with antiseptic wipes and put a small plaster over it as I have an appt with the nurse for my 2 week check up on Monday. I rang the emergency nurse number and they only have nurses at Dolan park tomorrow (almost 2 hrs away) or they said to go to my local walk in centre! I feel like I should just wait until Monday as its only an extra day. I'm gutted and feel stupid now being back doing nothing knowing I shouldnt have done so much yesterday.
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

I've got an infection :( Empty Re: I've got an infection :(

Post by Montana 11th July 2015, 2:25 pm

And I'm so scared of it getting worse. I've read the horror stories and I'm panicking. It's in my vertical incision (I had a full anchor lift) sad smile
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 11th July 2015, 3:10 pm

It is very unlikely an issue with you doing too much, honestly don't beat yourself up. Personally if there is an infection you need to be on antibiotics straight away so I would go to the walk in center. I think it is very rare for the implant to have to come out so the quicker you start zapping any infection the better xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by dling1 11th July 2015, 3:29 pm

I agree with Emma71, I wouldn't leave it. If you have got an infection you need to get antibiotics into your system ASAP, I would pop along to your nearest walk-in centre today x
dling1
dling1
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 11th July 2015, 4:31 pm

Is the blood fresh? And is the pus clear or cloudy? Does it smell. If its clear and doesnt smell, its likely not an infection. Yellow ooze is normal from a wound, its more that you over did it and have pulled a stitch. If its cloudy, smelly, green, thats more likely infection. But I'm no trained medic, so get your butt to a walk in centre asap to check, and put your mind at ease.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 11th July 2015, 6:39 pm

As others have said do get yourself along to the nearest walk in clinic & get it checked out , maybe just the normal stuff that can ooze out from incisions early on post op but if not the sooner you get antibiotics the better. Hug
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 11th July 2015, 8:18 pm

Agree with the others but please don't panic. Some wounds may get a little angry but it doesn't mean an infection. And a superficial wound infection is very different (and easily treatable) compared to an agressive systemic internal one. Get seen and out your mind at rest hun xx
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 11th July 2015, 9:45 pm

Hi, sorry to hear your feeling this way. Get your self to a walk in centre and don't worry, because if it is an infection, antibiotics will clear it up. I may not be an infection. I had yellow stuff coming out of my inscision in the first week and that was pretty normal. Infection would not be because you over done it, but popping a stitch could be. Let us know how you get on and don't wait until Monday. Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 12th July 2015, 9:53 am

Thanks ladies I'm hoping it's just a pulled stitch as it doesn't smell. Definitely blood and pus tho (sorry tmi) and a hole where the incisions meet. I couldn't get to the walk in centre yesterday but spoke to THG who said to call and get an apt today at my local clinic as there's a surgeon there. So I have an appt with a surgeon (not my surgeon) at 1:30pm.happy to be seeing a surgeon. I'll let you know what the outcome is
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 12th July 2015, 12:55 pm

Good luck at your appointment. Hug XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 12th July 2015, 3:24 pm

Good luck and let us know what they say, take it easy fro here on xx
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by drinkeroftea 12th July 2015, 7:58 pm

Hi montana, 

I think i had exactly the dame as you 2 weeks back, and it was just a stich being naughty. I believe it's fairly common, but we are all on such high alert for infection we do stress and worry. 

Thr surgeon will put your mind at ease,  and if there is any doubt, they will give you some antibiotics for belt and braces.  Xx
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 13th July 2015, 2:49 pm

Hi so I went to see the surgeon yesterday and he prescribed me antibiotics and said I'd pulled an internal stitch. Also had to go back today to see the nurse and she's said the hole Is because it's the weakest point and I've pulled 2 stitches as there's 2 areas of weeping ( sick ).  No more mopping for me. Still can't lift my right arm at all. I have to air it as much as possible so she suggested sleeping without a bra so might try that tonight. Thanks ladies for all the support x
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 13th July 2015, 3:15 pm

Ah man, awful, a typical  mum thing to do though,  Jst keep ploughing on,  but pls take it easy now. Xx
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th July 2015, 5:32 pm

DO NOT sleep without your bra unless your plastic surgeon has given you the clear to, it's their aftercare you're going to need. Sleeping braless won't help, you'll be under the covers, and you'll be more likely to nudge something as you toss and turn. I'd spend time post shower to just lie down with a window open and let the fresh air blow over it to dry it. 

Good its been caught now, the antibiotics should have it cleared up in no time.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 13th July 2015, 10:24 pm

Oh ok I won't do that then! It's just what the nurse said to do tbh I was a bit nervous of catching my boob on and thing in my sleep as it's so sore so am led here with my bra on as normal. I did lie airing it after my shower for half an he tho earlier so hopefully that helped
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 14th July 2015, 5:35 am

Hopefully the antibiotics & taking it easy will get your recovery back on track. Hug
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 14th July 2015, 3:41 pm

Always listen to surgeons advice as nurses dont always seem to follow the same aftercare! I think its more safer to sleep with a sports bra on.. as you dont want to nudge or get anything in it in the night! Maybe give it a clean, air dry and then cover up. But defo wait for surgeons instruction before going bra-less!!
Glad you have anti-biotics now so bet thats calmed the worries! Keep my fingers crossed for you and let us know how you get on xxxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 16th July 2015, 4:15 pm

Sorry to hear this chick. Please take it  easy from now on!! xxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 16th July 2015, 10:07 pm

Thanks ladies. Unfortunately it's getting worse :( the hole is now 2 cm wide and getting bigger everyday with no signs of closing up. I have 3 separate areas where stuff is coming out now but 2 are very small. I'm feeling a bit fed up if I'm honest. I though at 3 weeks PO I'd be driving again and starting to feel back to normal but I'm no better than I was 1 week PO. Probably worse. I've been taking the antibiotics religiously for 5 days now and airing it after my shower. It just won't heal.
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 17th July 2015, 5:41 am

Aww Montana I'm so sorry to hear this and sending you massive hugs. Is there any way you can get to see your surgeon again asap? So he can check you out and treat the hole? So sorry that you are going through this xx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 17th July 2015, 8:01 am

Do try to see surgeon again ASAP you may  perhaps need something like inodine  or silver dressings to help with healing along with airing the wounds as you are doing. Hug
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 17th July 2015, 11:36 am

It's the nurse they keep booking me in to see. I saw a different surgeon once as he was at my local clinic but he spent all of 2 minutes looking at it. They've given me dressings to change daily which I'm doing, not sure if they're iodine ones. Urgh I feel really gross. I'll call and try and get in with Mr Payne.
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 17th July 2015, 12:03 pm

Dont try, demand. You've got full aftercare with them, which you've been sticking to, you have every right to see your surgeon.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 17th July 2015, 12:25 pm

Yes ok I will. I'll let you know how it goes!
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next