Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random question for mums out there!

+2
Mammamia
going4it
6 posters

Go down

Random question for mums out there! Empty Random question for mums out there!

Post by going4it 29th April 2015, 5:17 pm

Hey girls, I know this is random but I've read a lot of ladies have described the post op feeling as similar to that of when your breast milk comes in.
I remember that feeling well and with all my children when I had that discomfort I put Savoy cabbage leaves in my bra around my boobs to cool them down and reduce the engorgement and the relief was amazing. 
It's a really old school way of treating swelling etc and honestly worked. All of my friends have done it too and it's amazing.
Did anyone else do it when their milk came in and do you think it would help post operatively using the same principle? 
Maybe I need to get a cabbage on my food shop next week! Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Random question for mums out there! Empty Re: Random question for mums out there!

Post by Mammamia 29th April 2015, 5:30 pm

I used cabbages too but don't think they would have helped post op. It's similar, but different!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Random question for mums out there! Empty Re: Random question for mums out there!

Post by mirren001 29th April 2015, 6:54 pm

Could always try it to see if it helps , would have to keep the cabbage leaves well away from your incisions though, so would probably be better using ice packs over the top off your boobs  for relief instead.
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 29th April 2015, 7:28 pm

Not had kids, so don't know that feeling, but it's the morning boob you're describing. While you're sleeping the blood and swelling fluids settle, then as you sit up it all rushes back in, making them hot and sore. It only lasts a few minutes when you get up, and for a few weeks. The cabbage thing may help, but it'd be no different to a cool flannel to be honest! You need to keep the incisions dry, so like mirren said, maybe stick with an ice pack across the tops.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 29th April 2015, 7:35 pm

I've had 3 babies and mastitis each time and that was certainly worse than getting my boobs! I did use ice packs the first couple of days which gave me good relief xx
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 29th April 2015, 8:01 pm

Aah thanks for your replies. I'm so glad I didn't sound like a loon using cabbage leaves!
Good point about the incisions. I'll have to get some ice packs pronto.
I had mastitis last time pixi81 so it's reassuring to think I will be handle it as really want to avoid codeine and it's side effects on my tum xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 30th April 2015, 1:45 pm

I thought it was worse than when my milk came in, as when your milk comes in you're still able to pick up the kettle, pick up the baby, drive, etc, but with a BA you can't as it hurts too much. What does codeine do to your belly? Not heard of that before x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 30th April 2015, 8:41 pm

makes me terribly constipated - sorry TMI! I've asked at my pre-op tonight if they can give me something alternative to it but I would rather take it than paracetamol alone and deal with the consequence but it would be one less thing to worry about if possible x
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 30th April 2015, 9:00 pm

When I was prescibed codeine they prescribed lactulose at the same time! But I'm sure they can find you an alternative, although may unfortinately have the same effect.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down