Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scared to Shower - having a little moan lol

+6
Twinky
lunarpixie88
anneritchley
Zum_Boobs
Alisonjb
muddypaws
10 posters

Go down

Scared to Shower - having a little moan lol Empty Scared to Shower - having a little moan lol

Post by muddypaws 26th April 2015, 9:33 am

i know this topic comes up a lot. Sorry lol....

I was told I'm fine to shower as the tape over my incisions has a waterproof spray over them the nurses told me at nuffield. I've just entered day 3 post op and I've not braved it yet, I was going to give it a try this afternoon when my oh comes back from rugby but then I was reading a few post a on it and saw another nuffield girlie was told the same and she ended up having to go to an NHS provider to have the tapes changed after they got soaked when showering and nuffield saying over the phone that they 'should be ok' (should be ok wouldn't have filled me with confidence either).

Maybe I will give it one more day..... I'm so sore still that if I tried getting a shallow bath I don't think I would be able to get out again. And my back is killing me :-(

Oh and the top of my boobs we're squelching this morning - how bizarre is that experience!!?!

Sorry for the moan..... just got that day 3 mood thing going on at the moment, I know I'd feel so much better after a shower - and I'm desperate to wash my hair.

But hey - on the plus side - IVE GOT BOOBS!! (Even if they hurt like hell, and look like massive cones at the moment haha) boobsign

xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Scared to Shower - having a little moan lol Empty Re: Scared to Shower - having a little moan lol

Post by Alisonjb 26th April 2015, 9:58 am

clap hands Bless you what I would give to have a shower (although only have 2 sleeps now till dressings come off)..maybe wait for your oh to get home and try a shallow bath my husband was so good those first few days helping me in and out washing and drying me ...I can now do this myself,also this way there is less chance of your dressings getting wet xx
Alisonjb
Alisonjb
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Scared to Shower - having a little moan lol Empty Re: Scared to Shower - having a little moan lol

Post by Zum_Boobs 26th April 2015, 10:39 am

I had a shallow bath after 48hours after my op. Too scared to shower in case I slipped or something lol I made sure I knelt on my knees and my sister/husband stayed with me to make sure I got in and out alright - even helped wash me bless them lol! 
That strip on the incisions I'm still cautious of getting wet, and yet I was told it can come off between 7-12 days... Yeah I still have mine on at 19days because I'm too scared to remove them lol!! It's like a security blanket having them on lol x
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 26th April 2015, 10:42 am

I was scared too. It's all normal. ️Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 26th April 2015, 10:57 am

Been and had a strip wash while oh is out (bit more privacy lol).... Washed myself with warm water,, hibiscrub (for peace of mind) and a flannel. Fresh clothes, bit of make-up on and feeling lots better.... Maybe I need a nap after all that though haha xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 26th April 2015, 10:57 am

Oh and I took my new AVI!! dance

xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarpixie88 26th April 2015, 11:10 am

Hi Muddypaws 
I haven't had a bath or shower yet either, I've been using wet wipes to freshen the body and will try 'half shower' tomorrow, will stand in the bath and as my hubby to hold the shower head from my waist down. 
I can't take my bra or band off until Friday so I'll have to improvise at home.
I'd be really worried about getting it wet even if the nurses said it would be ok. 
Also I've been using dry shampoo until I can wash my hair properly again.
xxx
lunarpixie88
lunarpixie88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 26th April 2015, 11:24 am

I'm gonna trust my instinct on this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and just do the same as you for a couple more days I think. It can't do any harm anyway can it, as long as we are nice and clean. I am looking forward to washing my hair but all those natural oils will be doing it loads of good (I usually wash, blow dry and straighten my hair every day). Happy healing hun xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 26th April 2015, 11:42 am

Bless you,  when I had my ears pinned I didn't wash y hair for 2 weeks, was a right  royal pain in the a as,  so know how u feel xxx
On a more positive  note, you avi looks brill.!

Is that the macom or a royce? Looks very supportive,  hope your back and mood settle down soon xx
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 26th April 2015, 11:43 am

Hi ladies, I use to wash myself waist down with shower head. A couple of days later had a shallow bath, make sure water isn't to hot as can cause swelling. Also hair washing if you can get someone to wash it for you, it's not advisable to wash your hair yourself as you'll be putting your arms up above your shoulders x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 26th April 2015, 12:29 pm

I was scared my stitches would open so never got them wet. I was told to keep mine dry xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Moocher90 26th April 2015, 1:49 pm

I kept mine dry for the first week. Then showered and made sure I towel dried and blow dried on cool setting and even kept mine taped up for a further two weeks changing the dressings every day. More as a precaution as the bra rubs on incisions
Moocher90
Moocher90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 26th April 2015, 10:47 pm

It's usually advised to wait until after your 1st wound check before showering unless told otherwise , they will want to see how you are healing. & advise you from there.
I would stick to sitting in a shallow bath or showering from waist down until then. Baby wipes are handy for cleansing upper body too. If you feel up to it you could have a wash & blow dry at the hairdresser or have hubby or a friend help wash your hair for you.
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 27th April 2015, 9:42 am

I really don't blame you lot for putting it off, I have been baby wiping of an evening before putting my neocide on (antibacterial spray) and same in a morning and washing upper body in shallow bath ever other day or so (but not allowing the water to soak in, just wash a little lol) x
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 1st May 2015, 10:03 am

Twinky wrote:Bless you,  when I had my ears pinned I didn't wash y hair for 2 weeks, was a right  royal pain in the a as,  so know how u feel xxx
On a more positive  note, you avi looks brill.!

Is that the macom or a royce? Looks very supportive,  hope your back and mood settle down soon xx
Sorry, only just read this hun... Thanks!!

It's a Royce Silver I'm wearing in my Avi hun, perfect for just after the op as it comes way down below the incisions and its front fastening. The real silver in it is supposed to aid with healing and regulate the temperature of your boobs. It's a lot softer material than the macom and it can go in the washing machine (macom is hand wash only). I would def reccomend, I bought another one when I got home so I could have 1 in the wash and alternate xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 4th May 2015, 9:43 am

Have you managed a shower now? If so how was it? Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 4th May 2015, 1:37 pm

I actually got one this morning for the first time Hun, I just thought to myself I've gotta do it at some point as I'm back to work in the morning. Dressings did get wet as expected but when I got out I dried them with the hairdryer as told to and all seems fine. I tried not to get shower gel, shampoo and conditioner near the incisions but I'm sure some will have washed over them. Anyway, all seems fine xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 4th May 2015, 4:33 pm

Oh good glad you managed ok. Like you I wash my hair everyday so going to have to master washing it over the bath with my glamorous assistant husband until I can shower. Not a fan of dry shampoo but I've got some as needs must! 
Hope you get on at work ok tomorrow xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 4th May 2015, 6:18 pm

Thanks Hun, I'm just gonna get up early to give myself extra time. My OH had been washing mine over the bath every other day for me too but he goes away for a couple of days tomorrow x

I don't get along with dry shampoo at all, just makes me look like I've put talc in my hair haha x
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 4th May 2015, 9:16 pm

Haha me too! By the time I've faffed about with it, it would have been quicker to just wash and dry my hair! Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down