Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nagor and Mentor

4 posters

Go down

Nagor and Mentor Empty Nagor and Mentor

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 11:38 am

Question about implant choice...
I know everyone has a particular brand they feel more comfortable with; 
I've heard a lot of glowing reviews on Mentor; which is awesome. I've also looked into Nagor and like the fact they're UK made. 
But the thing that gets me is the warranty...
Mentor has a life time warranty for saline deflation or gel rupture which is fab; but Nagor's warranty goes that step further to say that class 4 and 5 capsulation is also covered in their warranty.
This is now making me re-think my "brand" choice a bit... Would this make you re-think? How likely is capsulation? Or to that degree...
Why did you pick your brand or was it already pre-chosen by surgeon so to speak.
Thanks Ladies  Heart
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 338

Back to top Go down

Nagor and Mentor Empty Re: Nagor and Mentor

Post by Charlii 23rd February 2015, 12:13 pm

Brands are more often than not chosen by the clinic, normally based on cash reasons. But its becoming more common to have the choice of these two I have seen. The main thing to note here is that the aftercare on the capsular contracture for baker grade 4/5 is usually included by the clinic as standard up to a certain amount of years.

They are both equally good implants. Theres a few older threads here that approach this too, worth searching for in the search bar.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 12:25 pm

Thanks for the reply hun, I did email my co-ordinator too to question it and she tried to reassure me that it's unlikely to happen anyway. I didn't realise the clinic usually cover such things if I'm honest. Is it worth me emailing her back and asking then =)
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 23rd February 2015, 1:15 pm

I would definitely double check, as my info is UK based. It could be entirely different for you. If you've not looked into it, I would absolutely get them to outline in detail your aftercare package, and what you are covered for. Then maybe have a look online at some of the UK based packages for comparison. I know its entirely your decision, but this is one of the main reasons surgery abroad isn't always a good choice. I know they're cheap, but if something happens, you cant just nip to see your surgeon.

As for capsular contracture, there's no likely or unlikely about it. Its one of those things, and there is no way to predict it. It can happen within a couple of months, it can happen after a couple of years if it is going to. Your co-ordinator is going to tell you its unlikely, because she's a sales woman, and she's trying to keep you as a customer. She has no medical training whatsoever.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 23rd February 2015, 1:21 pm

My implants came with a life time guarantee. But I think that may just cover so many years for rupture etc. not cc. My surgeon kept on saying the importance of not smoking. This I imagine ups the risk of cc along with other life style factors. I think that aside if it's going to happen it will. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 2:12 pm

Well I've emailed her and asked her to give me the complete aftercare write up so I know where I stand. It does say on their homepage about post-op care available in UK.
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 2:13 pm

anneritchley wrote:My implants came with a life time guarantee. But I think that may just cover so many years for rupture etc. not cc. My surgeon kept on saying the importance of not smoking. This I imagine ups the risk of cc along with other life style factors. I think that aside if it's going to happen it will. Xx

Well positive side is, I don't smoke, very rarely drink and live a rather healthy life style! so fingers crossed lol x
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 23rd February 2015, 2:42 pm

Worth checking what aspect of aftercare are covered, eg replacement implants and associated cost of surgery or just 1 aspect. I think a surgeon told me that the chance of cc was 1 in 10 but I might have remembered that incorrectly!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 3:12 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies. 
I've had an email back; she said if there was an issue  regarding capsular contraction, I would need to send them a picture of an ultrasound so the surgeon can decide what next steps would be. The op would be free of charge; but obviously I'd need to pay for flights and the stay over there.  If there is any issues I am to contact them straight away and they do have a nurse in london should I need to be checked by them. 
What do you ladies think of this?? xx
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 3:45 pm

Just doubled checked and she said there was no time limit on the after care xx
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict