Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back in hospital. Had seizure! #scary

+8
Rebeccajbarratt
sarahlou222
COOKIE
Charlii
Boobies2be
anneritchley
Mammamia
NikkiJaneT
12 posters

Go down

Back in hospital.  Had seizure!  #scary Empty Back in hospital. Had seizure! #scary

Post by NikkiJaneT 5th February 2015, 6:34 pm

Hi Girls, well after worrying about my lump on my boob I went to bed thinking I would call my surgeons office in the morning.  Took a couple of codeine to help sleep/pain at night. As I was drifting off I started to feel strange. ..bit sick with spinning room. Told my OH i felt weird then next thing he is waking me up and I can see my body shaking badly but couldnt stop it. Was sweating  badly and felt disorientated.  Turns out I was fitting for approx 8 mins. Oh called ambulance. Ended up in hospital last night on  a drip feeling awful. Heres the strange thing. . 3 different nhs docs said boobs were fine. No infection just swollen and will go down alone.  In fact. ..they were very impressed with my surgery but say my seizure was unrelated to my boob job/breast lift. Just a coincidence.  Now iv been told im not allowed to drive for 6 months. .so can't get my girls to school so now have to change their school.  Lost my independence and have to go to charing cross hospital to have EEG and mri scans. Devestated.  Has anyone ever had a seizure after surgery?  Can't possibly be a coincidence can it?? xxx
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Back in hospital.  Had seizure!  #scary Empty Re: Back in hospital. Had seizure! #scary

Post by Mammamia 5th February 2015, 6:44 pm

So sorry to here that hun. So scary. Maybe do a search of the forum. Could it be related to any of your pain meds? Make sure you let your surgeon know x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Back in hospital.  Had seizure!  #scary Empty Re: Back in hospital. Had seizure! #scary

Post by Mammamia 5th February 2015, 6:47 pm

Just noticed that the codeine SPC mentions that it can induce or exacerbate convulsions. If you look in the package insert it will likely say the same. Hopefully the hospital discussed with you but it may not suit you so I would stop it or speak to Dr if concerned.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 5th February 2015, 6:51 pm

Yes iv stopped the codeine now thanks hun. Docs did say I could keep taking it (nhs) but I'm sticking to paracetamol now to be safe xx
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 5th February 2015, 7:49 pm

Get well soon xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 5th February 2015, 8:16 pm

How scary! Hope you're feeling a bit better today! X
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 5th February 2015, 8:26 pm

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you informed your surgeon? I think if the Dr's have ruled out a connection, you're probably ok. It could just be one of those things. I came home from Canada swollen in every joint. Straight to the hospital and they were convinced it it was Canada or flight related. Turns out it was just one of those things. 

I really hope you work it out, things will fall into place. Rest up and feel better love.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th February 2015, 9:14 pm

Blimey Nikki, you don't do things by halves do you hun!  

So, so glad to see you posting here and knowing you're OK

Hoping it's a first and last. 

The no driving is pretty crappy, but you soon get used to being chauffeured around again. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 5th February 2015, 9:32 pm

Thanks ladies. No Cookie no half measures for me lol. I'm just glad my lovely new boobs are healing well. Phew!  Now been told it's a mild seroma not hematoma on my right.  That's fine..it should go on its own. Feeling fine tonight.  Hopefully it was just a blip. Just in process of moving the girls school to a walking distance one. Onwards and upwards girls. Lol. Musnt let things get you down..There worse things that could happen.  Thanks for your kinds words..They really do help xxx
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 5th February 2015, 10:22 pm

Oh no!!! What a coincidence!!
I have heard about not driving for a year.. - I just hope 6 months goes really quickly for you!

I hope your boobs are ok and not effected! :)

xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebeccajbarratt 5th February 2015, 10:31 pm

Ahh God nikki so glad your ok! That's so scary, can imagine you was really panicking! Glad u feel better now and let's hope you have a smooth recovery xxx
Rebeccajbarratt
Rebeccajbarratt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 5th February 2015, 10:34 pm

Glad you are back home & feeling fine , must have been frightening for both you & your partner.
Take it easy! Hug XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 6th February 2015, 9:47 am

So sorry to hear about who's happened, glad your ok though Hun, take it easy xx
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 6th February 2015, 10:30 am

Glad your back home! That must have been very scary.  Hope your ok and resting up.
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 6th February 2015, 1:20 pm

That's scary! Have you taken codeine before? Get well soon x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 6th February 2015, 3:26 pm

Hi girls. Yes my poor OH thought I was gonna die bless him . He's just getting over it all. ..vodka is helping him lol. I'm feeling ok now.  Was very scary for both of us. He's a fab support tho I'm very lucky. Iv taken codeine before but it was co-dydromol when I was pregnant and after My c-section.  So not just in a pure form tablet no. Good thing is my swelling has gone down a little on my right boob so that's fab. 
Thanks for all your messages.  Really helps perk you up doesn't it. Happy healing to us all. Good luck all pre-op girls too. Big tip...take manuka honey every day 2 weeks before and after surgery. 1 heaped teaspoon a day either in warm  water with lemon on straight from the jar. Iv used it throughout all 3 of my surgeries and have always been told by docs that I heal really well. Xxx
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down