Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight training and achy breasts

+2
COOKIE
Totty1982
6 posters

Go down

Weight training and achy breasts Empty Weight training and achy breasts

Post by Totty1982 3rd February 2015, 10:22 pm

hey ladies, I'm after any advice and experiences with weight training post BA.

I'm 2 years post BA and started weights in the gym Nov time last year. All was going fine but my right breast has started to ache inside and under my arm.  There are no lumps or bumps and the implant doesn't feel hard.  My left one feels fine which is strange as I lift the same weights on both.  I've booked in to see my PS next Tuesday for a check up but was just wondering if you can pull muscles by the implant (I had unders) or whether my chest muscles are getting bigger and that's agents causing the ache.

Thanks
Totty1982
Totty1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Weight training and achy breasts Empty Re: Weight training and achy breasts

Post by COOKIE 3rd February 2015, 11:07 pm

Totty1982 wrote:hey ladies, I'm after any advice and experiences with weight training post BA.

I'm 2 years post BA and started weights in the gym Nov time last year. All was going fine but my right breast has started to ache inside and under my arm.  There are no lumps or bumps and the implant doesn't feel hard.  My left one feels fine which is strange as I lift the same weights on both.  I've booked in to see my PS next Tuesday for a check up but was just wondering if you can pull muscles by the implant (I had unders) or whether my chest muscles are getting bigger and that's agents causing the ache.

Thanks
Hi Totty  wavey 

I suppose when you start working any muscle out at first in a way its not used to you will feel some sort of discomfort. Strange that it's just the one but nothing I'd concern myself about if the discomfort does get better. just a thought - are you left handed? Could it be that your left side is more used to doing more than your right?

Try getting yourself in your sportsbra 24/7 till you see your surgeon hun. This does generally cure all muscle pain 

If you're still experiencing pain that can't be explained its very likely your surgeon will refer you on to have an ultrasound now...whether you'll be able to have this on the NHS or not, I don't know. It will be down to your GP babe, they may refer you on to the Breast clinic, or, they may request you have an ultrasound but you'll have to pay for this privately. This is something that can and does happen when we have this surgery privately. The cost of a private ultrasound babe is around £150. 

Hope it eases up soon though. Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 3rd February 2015, 11:29 pm

If it's soft and looks ok, it could well be the muscles. Could be something as innocuous as you don't quite lift straight? I've started running again recently and am only having issues with my left leg!

It's good you're getting it checked out. It's likely they'll have a feel and advise the ultrasound like cookie suggested. Hopefully it'll show no nasties.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 4th February 2015, 9:56 am

Hey Hun, I still get that over 2years post op. It's something to do with the split muscle. Again it's my left that's always been the problem and If I've done a class using weights (even light) I can really feel it next day on my lefty. 

So I don't usually weight train or leave the weight out of the excersise! 

It's possible to pull a muscle still with the implant in fact it's more likely  where the muscles been split and therefore weaker. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Totty1982 4th February 2015, 4:25 pm

Thanks for your advice ladies. i didn't even consider an ultra sound so at least that's an option. I was worried I would be forking out for mri scans which are stupidly expensive!!

I'm right handed and have been weight training since November however it only strted to ache a couple of weeks ago, I think I have done tricep dips and done something but I'm only guessing as it was a few days after the soreness started. I'm back in my sports bras (thanks cookie) they are sooooooo comfy and already I think I'm feeling better as all my bras are underwired so keep everything pushed in and don't think that helped the ache.

I've had a car accident since having them done 2 years ago and they were fine (built in air bags!!) I was so pleased I had my underwired bra on that day as the guy next to me fractured his sternum, ouch!! I'm happy the implants are hard wearing after that
Totty1982
Totty1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 4th February 2015, 5:00 pm

Hi totty!
I weight train too but im only 12 weeks out so ive not done anything upper boy wise yet apart from some bicep curls with 3kg weights.
I cant see me ever training my chest again!
It just goes to show that these exercises work more than we think :)
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 5th February 2015, 11:55 am

This is why I don't bother with the gym anymore lol not worth the aches. I doubt there's anything wrong with your boobs, it's just because you have implants and you're working out. Depends if you want to put up with the aches/pains x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 5th February 2015, 6:02 pm

I cant imagine giving up the gym, ,y life (when the kids are at school and im not working) is all planned around working out. Ive just had to adapt it at the minute :)
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 5th February 2015, 10:26 pm

You might be OK as you have smallish implants and overs x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671