Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Newbie questions

4 posters

Go down

More Newbie questions  Empty More Newbie questions

Post by kimbodia 31st January 2015, 9:10 pm

So I intend to visit Pinehill Hospital in Hitchin, Spire Harpenden and BMI Bedford. Though I've been reading about My Breast and like the look of the £25 consultation fee with a BAAPS/BAPRA consultant. Has anyone had a bad time with my breast or are they fairly well regarded? I want to steer away from any place that has general mixed reviews and stick firmly on places that are well regarded.

Is it normal to find the whole BA thing gross? I hate the idea of the actual BA procedure, the 'hospital' element, the docs and nurses, drains, being bandaged up, being knocked out to sleep, struggling through those early weeks in immense pain etc. However I do love the idea of the end result, beautiful underwear, beautiful tops that I currently avoid. Just wondering do you all find the getting there bit utterly gross too? The reason I ask is that whilst I've pondered this on and off for many years (about 5 years) I've never done much research at all into it so don't know the whole BA lingo and wonder if its defo the right thing for me!! I just know I'd like a nice pair of boobies and intend to do it quite soon, in the next couple of months.

What's the ideal plan for the first week post op? Is it literally just staying in bed and bumming out all day? Or are you encouraged to do certain activities? Just so I can make the best plan for that first week. Also, I know we all recover differently but in general how much more normal and human do you feel in week 2? I'm just thinking about how much time my husband is going to need to take off work to be Mr Mum!!! I'm thinking the start of the Easter holidays (end of March) could be a good time to get it done, hubby could take a week off work and take the kids for days out each day whilst I just lay in bed for the first week and then I could be at home taking it easy with the children in the second week and then week 3 it'll be back to school and school run (which we generally walk to anyway) and I can still take it easy at home for a few weeks still (I'm a stay at home mum so no work to return to) until I feel more normal, how many weeks will it be before I feel more normal and mobile and able to get up and whizz round like normal again?

Thanks for your time !!!
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

More Newbie questions  Empty Re: More Newbie questions

Post by Raisen22 31st January 2015, 9:24 pm

Hi fellow newbie! 

I had my BA done Monday just gone with Spire at Bushey Heath, so far so good, get the dressings and stitches out this Thursday. 

I'm still not quite at a week post op but I feel ok now that I'm not taking pain killers and doing things around the house- only what I can manage though! I had unders and was pretty sore up until thurs. I'd say def have a chilled out first week, and to be honest chill the second week as much as you can. The longer the better I imagine! 

I have a 22month old at home, don't work but as I said I'm doing stuff around the house that I can manage only!! On Thursday I shall ask if I can start getting involved a bit more but I'm only going to do what they advise me to. 

And to be fair, I'm a diabetic so hospitals, surgery, blood, needles etc don't faze me in the slightest! I also had an operation on my eye July last year so I can handle anything after that!! 

Good luck with your BA journey hun!!

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 31st January 2015, 9:42 pm

Thanks for your reply, sounds like you're doing great less than a week post op, well done!!!

I think the reason why I'm so grossed out by the procedure etc is that its all my choice to put myself in this somewhat crazy situation and costing me a stack of money too!!!! I'm lucky to be a fit and healthy person who has little dealing with hospitals as a patient.

I know many women spend years being miserable, feeling low etc so the procedure must be a small price to pay for huge happiness. I'm not one of them, I've always been happy with my body, only since having children 6 years ago have I felt frustrated at being left with such teeny tiny boobs, I question do I want it enough, will I ever regret doing it because I've not yearned for it for so much. Anyone felt/feel similar to me?
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 31st January 2015, 9:56 pm

Cheers hun, I actually managed to make chilli con carne the day after the op- but I think I was so out of it I didn't know what I was doing haha, it tasted bloody lovely though!

Dunno if the fact I eat really healthly and drink nearly 2 litres of water a day, helped me before    the op and in the recovery now? 

Ah, I see. Well I just think that if you really want something then there's always gonna be a hurdle to overcome before you get it. With BA it's either the saving of money for some, or it's the actual op. But, if you've thought long and hard, and this is the best thing for you and you really want it, then go for it! 

I've always been fairly flat chested, after I had my son and stopped breast feeding i really missed my volumous boobies!! They were huge!!!! And my boy was born 10.5lbs so I suffered a fair few stretch marks. I then thought I'm gonna do something for me, get fit and get boobs!!  

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 31st January 2015, 10:13 pm

Blimey, I intend to do a load of cooking pre op and filling the freezer with easy reheat meals to get us through the first few weeks. I'm expecting to be almost bed bound post op, I'm now thinking maybe it won't be so bad! I think having 2 young children makes me concerned about them hurting me (unintentionally!!) as they'll have no idea of how fragile I will be so thinking its safer I say I'm really ill and hide in bed for the first week!!!

Its not ideal at all that my husband takes a week off work but I want to do it properly and have a great recovery so I guess this is for the best but I will ask the surgeon for advice on it too.

My reasons are similar to yours, I've always had a small chest, but no major hang ups, always moaned about it but never terribly unhappy because of it. I never really enjoyed my big boobies from breast feeding as they were always massive and sore, never really got a happy medium there!! But now I have no boobs, just empty sacks and feel that maybe now is the time to treat myself.

I'm so early days that I have no idea of size to say to surgeon, hope they'll guide me. Don't want massive boobs but maybe a full C or possibly small D. I want to stay comfortably within what will be a natural look so hopefully that is guidance enough for them. Though I guess its important I give this a lot of thought as don't want to be disappointed with the end result. I won't have another £5k going spare to get them redone like the celebs do!

I hope your recovery continues to go well, are you pleased with the result so far? suppose you have no real idea of what they look like yet. Did you spend lots of time researching prior to? I mean, to the point where you knew size/shape of implant you wanted or did you go on your surgeons advice based on your desired look?

I think I've read its no showering for a bit, when can you have your first proper shower/wash post op?
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 31st January 2015, 10:50 pm

Hun if you can pre-prepare then do it, saves you and hubbs more hassle! Honestly, I didn't realise how much it whacks you out till after I had it done, didn't go on any sites or research, but I still managed to do stuff around then house even the days after. All depends how you feel, deal with pain etc. Haha yes, hide if you can!! My 22month boy accidently budges/nudges them or comes in for a cuddle to hard! I've just had to be really careful when changing his bum and playing with him, in case he hits, kicks me! But, I've got by ok actually! 

Definitely need someone to help with the kids and with you if needed, for the 1st week and maybe even the 2nd week if needed. I refuse to lift/pick up my son or anything heavy for that matter! There's a thread in the BA info bit- surgery before and after- and its got some awesome advice in there hun. Esp the one if you have small children and what to expect after surgery. Have a good read. 

I did no research on sizes or anything. I literally booked a consult at Spire, told the surgeon I really want to be a full C, let him have a look and measure and went with what he suggested. I thought, he's the expert so I'm going to put my trust in him. He is Baaps registered and was recommended for his good work from another baaps surgeon I spokd to over the phone. 

Thank you, and I really do wish you well with your descion and choices! Not got a clue what's going on there till I get this bandage off on thurs- I'll update you afterwards! But, they feel so full and volumized!! 

The nurse said not to shower with this bandage on, just a shallow bath and someone to wash my hair for me ( got my mum to do it!). I think she said when I go to get it off and the stitches out on thurs, she'll put waterproof dressings on and I can then shower. I'll let you know for sure once I see her. So expect not to shower for about a week, week and a half. Can't wait to shower properly!! 

If you want to know anything else or have a burning question then don't hesitate to ask!! 

X x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 31st January 2015, 11:03 pm

I'd say I'm quite tough and if I didn't have the kids at home I'd not be worried at all, its just them being so young and not having a clue I worry about it being strange for them, they're used to being so close to me, I think I fear if anyone bumped me by accident that an implant will come flying out !!!! seeing stars But they'll love days out with Daddy and hopefully I'll be doing well after a few days anyway. Sounds like you're doing great looking after your son anyway!

The lack of showering isn't ideal but no massive issue being as I'll be hiding indoors anyway! I'll not be getting my mum to wash my hair, won't be telling her I'm getting this done, she'd think I'd totally lost the plot if I said I was getting a boob job!

Thanks for your time and very useful info, I'll leave you in peace now. I hope you've got beautiful big boobies recovering nicely under those bandages. I'll keep a look out on here for your progress.

xx
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 31st January 2015, 11:27 pm

Haha can you imagine 'bump' and ohhhhh there goes the implant flying across the room!! 

Same here, we love cuddles and playing together etc, but he doesn't understand why I can't pick him up or play with him properly. And if he sits on my lap and elbows where my stitches are and I jump out of my skin, he looks at me so weird love him! But, I'm hoping after Thursday the nurse will tell me I can get more involved now! 

You never know, you might feel even better than me and feel surprisingly great! 

I was really worried about telling my mum as I thiught she would straight up talk me out of it and tell me I am a fool for doing it. But, to my utter shock she was really understanding and showed a lot more empathy with me then I could have imagined!! 

Thank you my dear! And no problems at all, it was my pleasure! I shall keep you updated! 

Take care hun x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 1st February 2015, 6:58 am

Hi, I have a 4 year old and nearly 2 year old. I asked my husband to take 2 weeks off work so he could help with the kids and housework. I actually went and stayed at my mums house for 4 nights after the op, so I could properly rest. My youngest is very clingy so I thought it'd be more fair to her if I wasn't there. 

I basically felt up to doing nothing until day 9 post op! I had lots of bed rest,  sitting on the sofa and literally doing nothing.  I was wiped out from the pain killers and obviously the operation.  Then when I got home I was extremely emotional as the whole thing hit me then.  Again from day 5 at home I just rested and napped.  I did try to do a school run with husband on day 6 but I was in agony, even on a short walk. 
So on day 9, I actually felt like I could do stuff and felt happy! Whilst husband & kids were out I prepared dinner for later and hung some washing up  (without stretching up!) 
I'm now on day 11 and am taking each day as it comes but each day is getting a bit easier. I'm still quite sore where my incisions are, I can't pick my youngest up still. Husband is going back to work tomorrow  (so he's only had off 1 1/2 weeks) and I'm a bit scared! 
I wasn't prepared for how out of it I'd  feel, how draining emotionally & physically this all is. Like you too the whole procedure grosses me out, so I never looked into how they do it. I was quite petrified before the op, but kept on telling myself that once I was asleep I'd be none the wiser!  
I am already pleased with my new boobs and am looking forward to buying new bras and actually filling them without padding.
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 1st February 2015, 8:23 am

Hi Twinkleroo, thanks for replying. It just proves that you everyone recovers differently. Our hope you're delighted with the results and continue to recover well.
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 1st February 2015, 8:41 am

I'm a wimp and grossed out but it all too! Some ladies watched videos on you tube but I could never! Hated the thought of drains too but they were fine.

Also, similar to you, I've always disliked my tiny boobs, but put up with them. I always joked about wanting a boob job but never thought the option was realistic. Then one day (after 15 years) I though why not? It seemed it wasn't something just for the rich and famous and it seemed more 'acceptable' to me personally finally. I wasn't a 'need', I know I'll be fine without, but i wanted bigger boots so why not do something for me? We all have our different reasons but none are more valid than others....just what feels right for us! There is an interesting thread on here called vanity or need me discusses people's reasons. Might help you!

My children were 18 months and 3 years when I had my op so hubby took 2 weeks off work. Luckily we were able to time it with an change in employers so be delayed his start date. I was really glad he did as he did mostly everything with the kids. I probably could have done more, but didn't want to take any risks and need to pick one up unexpectedly or anything. My recovery was like a holiday!!!!

With regards to size, your surgeon will recommend something based on your natural breast width. I would suggest collecting some photos or what you like/don't like/too big/too small so the surgeon had a good idea of your aims. Natural to you may mean something different to someone else!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 1st February 2015, 8:55 am

Thanks Mammamia, lovely to hear your thoughts. And a great point that what means natural to me, may not to others!!! I'm thinking the start of the Easter holidays is a good time for me, hubby can take a week off and keep the kids busy and the we can have a slower paced week 2 at home when he goes back to work. If I time it well I could be 16 days post op before I even have to leave the house
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 1st February 2015, 8:58 am

That sounds like a great plan!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 1st February 2015, 9:09 am

Yeah, I've now just gotta get out there, found a great surgeon and decide on implants I want to go with and hopefully it'll all come together. I've got 2 months, hopefully that's manageable!! I've pondered this on and off for years but never anything more. Hubby has recently given me the green light regarding funding, I'd rather do it asap before summer comes as don't want to have to hide big swollen boobs if it's nice out, think much easier done in the cooler months. But means I've not had lots of time for the idea to really sink in or research loads. But I can't think of a reason why Easter isn't the perfect time.
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 1st February 2015, 9:38 am

2 months should be fine but start having your consultations soon so you have plenty of time to mull over size options and so you have the pick of the dates! Once you've got an idea of volume you can do the rice test at home! I'm sure there are plenty of reputable surgeons close to your home. Some of the surgeons i wanted to see had a long wait list so be aware of this. Once you have a shortlist you can search their names on here to see if anyone's mentioned them!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down