Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enhanced asymmetry after BA

+6
Mammamia
COOKIE
Boobies2be
mirren001
Charlii
lairyfairie
10 posters

Go down

Enhanced asymmetry after BA Empty Enhanced asymmetry after BA

Post by lairyfairie 14th January 2015, 10:10 am

I am feeling a bit despondent about my boobs at the moment.

They are visibly asymmetrical due to the shape before surgery - my left crease is about 1 1/2 or 2cm lower than my right and my right rib is further back from my left. This means that my left boob hangs lower, as does the nipple and there is also naturally more fullness to the top of my left boob than my right (due to the placement of the rib). I also have grade 1 ptosis which was borderline grade 2 on my left nipple.

I knew this before the surgery, although I had never know how unsymmetrical they were as I generally didn't analyse them as much before my consultations.

I wanted minimal surgery and knew that just a BA would never correct these flaws and would more than likely enhance them. I wasn't looking for perfection, just better, fuller, more pert boobs. I was advised that the nipples could only be matched with a nipple/breast lift and to correct the crease and the top-shape would mean more serious procedures - this would also mean a loss of breast tissue, so the implants would stretch the skin more than just a BA.

I don't think I was prepared for the amount of exaggeration a BA could produce- especially as being small and deflated, the asymmetry was less pronounced. Now I can see straight away that the left hands lower and the nipples are not aligned, and also the shapes are slightly different at the top. My nipples are still low but not pointing to the floor, and I am 37 so can deal with that - I think they would look more bizarre sat under my chin!

However, I have never before scrutinized my boobs like this before - let alone take photo after photo and study them to death! I was taking photos for my pictrail and now because of the obvious asymmetry in them, I don't think I am going to put one up.

They will definitely not drop as they are Polyurethene furry Brazilians, but I know they still have to fluff yet.

Apologies for the endless post, and I know I am not asking for answers or advice as nothing will change this. I just needed to get it down and out of my head so I am not dwelling on it.
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 340

Back to top Go down

Enhanced asymmetry after BA Empty Re: Enhanced asymmetry after BA

Post by Charlii 14th January 2015, 12:03 pm

It's difficult in that first week, because you are over analysing them. But please remember that there is still swelling to contend with, and there will be changes, regardless of implant. They're never going to be identical, and yes, the ba will exaggerate any pre existing differences. But you can't look at them now and think this is it, they're done. You really have to give it at least 6m, longer with the furries. Try and ignore them for now as best you can, you'll drive yourself crazy otherwise!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 14th January 2015, 1:17 pm

Charli's right about ignoring them for a bit as they will look strange & wonky for some time yet!
Mine took what seemed like forever to settle & drove myself mad in the early weeks over analysing them for changes ,even had a measuring tape out for a while on a daily basis measuring from sternal notch to nipples just to see if there was any changes in nipple position that I was missing by just visually looking at them! ( crazy eh!)
Decided I was becoming obsessed & it wasn't doing me any good!  so chose  to ignore them for a while which helped loads , after all I was worrying  over something that was going to change in the coming weeks & months , so not worth driving myself nuts in the meantime.
Try to be patient & not get yourself down ( easier said than done I know) but your final result is a long way off yet & they will change lots in the coming weeks & months.   Hug    XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 14th January 2015, 1:40 pm

I know this really, I just needed to be told so thank you both. Its reassuring to know this is a common experience and I know that even though there are marked differences that will always be there, they are amazing by comparison to pre op xx
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 14th January 2015, 2:36 pm

I'll update my pic trail later so you can see how much mine have changed in 3 weeks. At 1.5 weeks oh my god one seem SO much lower I was in a right panic. Now though they are perfectly level again. I had so much swelling on one side that it made it look like the crease was signigicantly lower...I even thoughtvat one point it was bottoming out! X
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th January 2015, 3:20 pm

Id personally put the camera away Lairyfairie. Rather than helping, it's causing you a lot of angst and you simply don't need this through the recovery period, it's tough enough. 

Allow your new boobs to heal. As you say, they're better now than what they were. With the furries they need a good year before you should judge them sweetheart and they'll look so much different then to what they do now. 

And one thing you should know keep in mind is that you're lucky! You may well heal and come to adore your new boobs! You may feel a little of the same now, but it's fixable! So if you're still not happy after ALL healing you could always look into having the rest of the surgery done at  a later date if it was what you wanted. 

But I think when you've had time to get used to them and see them as sisters rather than twins, you really won't be bothered about more surgery at all. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 14th January 2015, 4:12 pm

COOKIE wrote: I think when you've had time to get used to them and see them as sisters rather than twins, you really won't be bothered about more surgery at all. Xxx

That's it!!!! That's what I need to get into my head  - Sisters not twins. That is perfect.

Boobies2be - it must have been awful to think you were bottoming out and its good to they have turned out perfectly.

Glad to know we are all in the same boat -over examining and thinking the worst. Feeling loads more positive and I am not taking any more pics until week 4!
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 14th January 2015, 7:44 pm

I agree with cookie about the camera! Great for comparing progress but I found it really exaggerated any assymetry and I used to look in the mirror feeling happy smug but then take a photo and think they looked funny! I've since stopped photographing them!! But you are so early so try to ignore then for a while and they'll surprise you! x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonmcc1979 14th January 2015, 9:18 pm

Hiya, i was taking pics of mine morning noon and night, got totally obsessed then started feeling really neagtive.

Patience is absolutely vital!!! I stopped checking them all together for a while and just gave it a bit of time.
Your have the rack of your dreams in a few weeks, just you wait! yes
sharonmcc1979
sharonmcc1979
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 15th January 2015, 5:18 pm

My surgeon put a bigger implant in one of my breasts to try and correct this and although it's not gone compleatly it's a dam sight better, I can hardly see it now. I think after so many weeks PO you stop looking at them so much anyway. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 15th January 2015, 7:09 pm

I did ask about different size implants, but the issue wasn't with the volume - I have the same amount of volume in both breasts, it is with one crease lower than the other and the ribcage being further forward one side, which pushes out the top of the breast more. This makes the left one appear fuller at the top than the right. If I had different size implants it would have still made them different shapes apparently. The slightly different shape at the top doesn't bother me so much - its the lower boob and lower nipple that does , but realigning a breast crease is a far more complicated procedure than a BA  and I didn't want my nipples cut either as they are really sensitive and I would more than likely lose some of that.
But Cookie echoed what my PS said - one bit at time and if I am still not happy, I can have it corrected in the future.
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 18th January 2015, 3:26 pm

Aaargh! Shouldn't have looked nope

I checked my boobs out from the side and they look vile! Weird D shape at top with nipple at the bottom.

I have polyurethane anatomical xhp so I know they wont drop but I hope the top of my boob settles to the bottom.

I also had a strange thought- Can the bra/binder 'set' the implant and therefore the boob into a horrible shape?
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 18th January 2015, 4:40 pm

That was once my thought, but apparently that's not the way it happens. I thought holding my boobs in a sports bra so they were not budging would stop them dropping. While I was on holiday I wore a bikini during the day and they done a fair bit if dropping while on holiday but back in sports bras now. That would have hapoened even if I wore a sports bra. Science is odd. I was paranoid fir the first 5 weeks that my implants would turn so never took my bra off until then really. My implants are different to yours though. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firecracker71 18th January 2015, 5:55 pm

Just to let you know, I feel the same way you do Lairiefairie. Couldn't face adding a picture trail, I never noticed my boobs being wonky and now they're RIDICULOUS! 
3 days post op is early but it stressed me out.
I'm not taking any more pics for at least a week. 

You'll be fine hun, echo the words of the other girls- we just need to wait before judging xx
Firecracker71
Firecracker71
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 18th January 2015, 6:06 pm

Looking at my picture trail from 2 weeks to 7 weeks is such a change. If you think about all that swelling that goes on , it does take time but they will get there xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 19th January 2015, 10:38 am

Firecracker - its terrible isnt it? I was so happy the 1st day as they were semi covered but when I took a pic and then looked in the mirror after that it was shocking!! I don't think we prepare ourselves for the difference in our boobs being exaggerated. We all have asymmetrical boobs (sisters not twins as I have learned now!) but we must think our own is worse thank others.
Apart from wonky boobs, how are you doing Firecracker? Are you in pain or healing well?
I think being off work is making it worse as I have time to think about and look at them! No more pics for me until 1 month I think!
x
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 19th January 2015, 10:48 am

I can't see mine till weds, but my left is defiantly bigger than my right. I just ignoring it at the moment x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 19th January 2015, 11:32 am

Yes ignorance IS actually bliss in the first few weeks  x
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 19th January 2015, 11:35 am

I was just so thrilled to get dressings off that's all I was worried about at the time xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firecracker71 19th January 2015, 11:56 am

Anne I am the same actually, just hope the stitches come out without any pain- does that hurt by the way?

Funny thing about the asymmetry, I never noticed anything prior to this. It was first pointed out in my consultations, although I STILL couldn't see anything! It wasn't until I took a pre-BA pic on the day of my surgery I saw how wonky they are! Even then I thought, nahhh can't be. Must be the wonky picture! 
So you can imagine the shock after BA when i took a pic and they were even worse! Haha. But I still can't see it with the naked eye?! So strange. My phone is not my friend!xx:ral:
Firecracker71
Firecracker71
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 19th January 2015, 11:59 am

That's what happened to me surgeon said left is low and slightly smaller, I was like yeah lol. Got home took pictures and I was like my god I can see now, how the hell is the surgeon going to make that look good. Anyway I'll let you all know how I get on weds x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 19th January 2015, 1:32 pm

I have dissolvable stitches but he did snip the straggly ones out. It don't hurt just a little pulling sensation. It doesn't really hurt. My right is sitting higher than my left but I must give it time. Although when they took the steri strip off I wasn't happy. It was like a comfort blanket to me. But it's all do e for a good reason xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down