Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My BA date has changed

5 posters

Go down

My BA date has changed Empty My BA date has changed

Post by ACKUGA28 13th January 2015, 1:47 pm

Hi ladies

My Ba date has changed from the 24th of Feb to the 2nd of feb now, as I managed to finally get in touch with my pcc and explained that after much thought I would rather stay overnight than be a daycase, so my op will now be done at Dolan park, the pcc has booked a car to pick me up and drop me home FOC? Not sure why and if I'll end up having to pay for it yet? Or is that normally included in the price because the cost of my ba hasn't changed at all?

And also does anyone know if my mum will be allowed To travel in the car with me, my pcc said she can but then in the small print of my confirmation email, it states that the car service is only for patients? I was gonna have my mum come with me, and I was going to book her into a local hotel? get a local taxi to pick my mum  up from the hospital when she has to leave, and then get her a taxi back when I'm discharged so she can travel back home in the car with me?

Xxx
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

My BA date has changed Empty Re: My BA date has changed

Post by COOKIE 13th January 2015, 2:37 pm

I'm sure your mum will be fine to travel with you. 

Sometimes they do car sharing for patients, but if you're alone then I shouodnt imagine that being a problem at all. 

I should also imagine you will pay for the car travel, off my head I'm sure I read some somewhere that £170 was the cost no matter the mileage. This was one way though if my memory serves me right. An overnight stay will also incur an additional charge, again, off the top of my head an additional £250 comes to mind. 

So you'll be one of the first feb buddies now hey! You must be so excited! yahoo
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 13th January 2015, 2:53 pm

Do you know if I'll get to speak to the car service before hand.?

When I asked my pcc how much extra the car was she texted me and said I've done it for free? But I'm worried she hasn't and Then I  have got to find the cash to pay the driver? And I've received my confirmation email of the changed date and the price hasn't changed at all? 
What's worrying me now is if the amendments have been made correctly, and to be honest I don't want to deal with the pcc anymore she's been extremely difficult to get in touch with.

But yes cookie I'm now extremely excited, awwww I need to make another ticker I removed my old one xxxx
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th January 2015, 2:57 pm

If it's been done for you as a complimentary service along with your overnight stay I wouldn't worry about it. You won't take to the car service at all prior to them coming. If they're running late or you're worried, just call the reception of the clinic and they'll sort everything out. 

You'll be fine ACKUGA. Just relax now and look forward to your special day, because it's not long away at all now! Woop woop! Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach80 13th January 2015, 6:13 pm

Hi ACKUGA,

When I booked my surgery with THG my PCC included the travel for 'free' in the overall price.

Next day she said she could offer a £400 discount but would have to charge for the transport... They charge £110 each way, so even if I had have used the service I still would have saved £180 on the original quote.

I was lucky enough to get my cousins to drive me up and we stayed at the nearby travelodge for two nights (just one for me), but have heard and read good things about the THG car service so would have happily used it in the absence of amother option.

My PCC told me, and I do remember reading in my confirmation letter, that one person is allowed to travel with you.

I'm not sure about the costs for an overnight stay, I had no choice with the uplift so it was all in the price.

Actually, Boobies2be was a couple of days after me... She used the car service and stayed overnight for a BA, sure she'll clear it all up for us!

Hope this helps a bit,
Rach x
Rach80
Rach80
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 13th January 2015, 6:58 pm

Hi cookie your right Hun  it's not long away, hopefully it'll fly by
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 13th January 2015, 7:08 pm

Hi rach80,

Thanks for the info Hun, you've all been more than helpful here, I wouldn't know what I'd do without this fabulous site.

I've noticed on your surgery details that you had Mr Sulaiman too, how did you find him and the hospital? I like reading everyone's experiences, 
I'm having motiva unders, how's your recovery been Hun? Xx
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauramumof3 13th January 2015, 7:26 pm

Yay for you hun :)

I couldn't afford the overnight option and can only afford 1 way travel with them haha wish they'd been as nice to me ;)

Xxx
Lauramumof3
Lauramumof3
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th January 2015, 7:38 pm

Glad you managed to get it changed. The price of the travel differs girl to girl, depending on what story their PCC is spinning at the time. Mine 'knocked off £500' because I didn't use the travel. If you're at all worried, ring them back and ask them to read back the details of your surgery for you, and ask if you have an outstanding balance. Speak to reception, rather than the PCC.

You should be OK to take your mom, there's a Travelodge and a Holiday Inn nearby, but they are driving distance from Dolan Park, so she'd have to sort her own taxi's to and from the hotel while there. But I'm sure if you ask the hospital nicely, they'd help ring a local company. They let my hubs stay later usual because there was an England game on, and we (he) was watching it in my room! So they're pretty good.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 13th January 2015, 8:36 pm

I'm so chuffed I finally managed to get it changed, 

When you say ring reception do you mean the one at Dolan park or the main hospital group number the 0845 one that's on their website? 

Sorry I don't mean to sound stupid but I haven't got Dolan parks number yet, mind you I'll prob be able to google it. 
I've got to pay my full balance tomorrow so I could ask the accounts team if they have the details on their screen to relay back to me.

Aww Charlii I'm so excited now. Just got to some how break it to work that I need to bring my holiday days forward, I'll prob get a warning as I think someone else has got leave the same time as I need on the valentines weekend and I'll leave them very short staffed..... I do feel bad letting work down, but for once in my life I'm going to be damn right selfish and think of myself!!! 
I've never had anytime off sick, since I've worked there for 2 years, and I think I'm prob gonna have to tell my manager what I'm having done and that when I come back to work I need to be able to take my time, I work in retail, and it's constant lifting, pulling etc.

X
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th January 2015, 9:32 pm

Ring the main number and ask to be put through to your local clinic, they should be able to help there. Asking the accounts people tomorrow will help with the moneys. You wont be given the Dolan park contact info beforehand, but in your discharge pack you'll be given an emergency contact number if you need to get hold of them.

Really pleased for you hun, this is the most exciting part, the run up! You'll have to get yourself all sorted for the big day! And you're right, be selfish and take your time to get back into the swing of things afterwards. Your GP can always put you on light duties, or if you don't want to be outright with what you've had, a lot of women use back injuries as a coverup!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 13th January 2015, 9:57 pm

I will defo be giving the main number a call tomorrow.Just so I can get every detail clear before the big day!!!

The thing that concerns me about work, is to me it will be noticeable what I've had done because I am so flat chested, I'm worried my manger will notice what I've had done, and my work don't like anything that is to do with cosmetic surgery that affects work, in having to have time off, if that makes sense, that's why I chose  to take some days as holiday... I only had a couple of days left, and the other days as unpaid, which obviously my work dont approve on.....
Do you think I should tell my manager? Or risk it and say my back is  playing up?
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th January 2015, 10:26 pm

That's entirely down to you, and how happy you feel sharing that information. Its your body, and you have the right to give out as much or as little information as you want. Do you wear padding now? For me, there was only a slight difference between my padding and post op, and only one of my closest colleagues noticed. To be honest with you, you'll fret and worry, but people are incredibly self absorbed, and likely wont notice!! And if they ask, shame on them, its none of their business!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by ACKUGA28 13th January 2015, 10:30 pm

I do wear padding now, but think when I have the op done it will be really noticeable, to be honest I really don't wanna tell my manager, because I think she will give me grief in the long run because of what I've had done. But your so right it's none of their business so I could just say that to their face really, and let them think what they want a. Xx
ACKUGA28
ACKUGA28
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down