Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!!

+2
Kat4
roxanne
6 posters

Go down

ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! Empty ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!!

Post by roxanne 6th March 2012, 10:52 am

The hospital keeps messing up my dates. Is is so hard to book to surgeries in a row ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 77873Surely I'm not the first to book an uplift, ba and mini tt back to back. It was meant to be March 23, moved it to 30 the following week, now it's been moved again to 31. I'm already nervous, now I'm even worse, I keep getting all worried that something will go wrong with the dates again. I need to get this done before DH goes away on business and while children are off school. I'm worried, stressed and upset, but trying to keep my cool ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 62722
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! Empty Re: ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!!

Post by Kat4 6th March 2012, 10:57 am

awww its hard on your nerves when they messing about isnt it! Fingers crossed that was the last change ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 571992
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! Empty Re: ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!!

Post by hlt67 6th March 2012, 11:52 am

I know how you feel. Nerves have kicked in with me too xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th March 2012, 12:14 pm

hlt67, have you heard back regarding the date of your surgery?

I'd better change the ticker on mine....uhh this is getting really annoying. On the bright side they already gave me my admission time, hope they actually leave it as it is now, I'm losing confidence. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 6th March 2012, 1:07 pm

Grrr that's so annoying ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 221105 But to be honest with you, I would rather wait a few days and get a good service, than being there on a busy day and get a rushed job and no nurses to look after you. You're still a March buddy roxanne ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 571992
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th March 2012, 8:52 pm

My ps doesn't usually do surgeries there on Saturdays, but they can't keep changing me around like that, that's why he's doing it on that day. I am still annoyed, instead of getting excited that I paid, I'm more nervous now that they'll mess up.

So my admission time is 7am, if it had been Friday it would have been later. My train gets into London just before 7, and then I have to get to the hospital, now I have to make sure they're ok with me getting there half an hour later. This is the earliest I can make it, there are no trains before that.

This is the third date they give me, I really hope it's third time lucky, because this is all stressful enough without having to worry about them messing me around with the dates. If the hospital is this unreliable with my dates, how are they gonna treat me when I'm recovering, and staying overnight.

Sorry to rant, but I'm still peed off!!!
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 6th March 2012, 10:30 pm

Roxanne, would have thought the nursing staff TOTALLY different to the admin staff you've dealt with so far?? You'll be well looked after Im sure.

At least with the mega rush in the morning for the train you'll have less time to think about the other stuff you might have worried about!

Third time lucky sounds good to me. ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 571992
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 6th March 2012, 10:32 pm

Oh Roxanne!!! No way!! That's really really annoying for you!!ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 43877

OK, I am going to give you some positive pointers...

1. You are still a March buddy with me :)ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 154564

2. It is the admin side of things that is probably messing up - the ability of the surgeon remains the same... don't be nervous xxARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 869500

xxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 7th March 2012, 8:21 am

Thank you ladies, I really hope there are no more problems, this has to be the date, and it all has to go smoothly. I have to remember why I chose my PS, that's the most important thing.

Yes I'm still a March Buddy, the very last day!

To look on the bright side, I won't have to spend the day starving, and I don't like eating in the morning. So early admission is good, I can carry on earing as I normally would. I'm a wuss when it comes to pre-surgery starvation.

I don't like to wish time away, life is too precious for that, but I really really want the next three and a half weeks to fly with no hurdles, get to my surgery on this day, get it done on time, no more changes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I was tempted to stay in London the night before, to prevent the stress of travelling and getting there on time, but that's another expense, I've spent enough money, and I'll be alone. I don't usually mind this, but not the night before, too much on my mind, and DK works so can't be with me. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 8th March 2012, 1:14 pm

OK, so here's the update. My payment's been confirmed and so has my admission time ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 154564

I'm trying to stay calm about it all, with all the changes, but looking on the bright sides, such as I haven't got to spend the day starving pre-op since it's earlier than it would have been on Friday.

Also, I am PS's only patient that day, he doesn't usually do Saturdays, so it's just me ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 48411

Now, my little problem is that admission time is 7am. I can only get to hospital at 7:30, and I'm catching the earliest train to London. Hospital is fine with this, but I don't want to stress about it. I don't know what Saturday early moring trains and undergrounds are like as far as punctuality is concerned, should be fine fingers crossed. I'm tempted to stay in London the night before, but that's more expense, hotels aren't cheap, plus more time on my own, all alone the night before to overthink, and time away from my children. DH works, so he can't be there. I'm driving myself crazy ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 751387
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 8th March 2012, 11:39 pm

Good news!!! It all sounds fab!!

I wouldn't worry about getting there for 7.30, if they say that is fine, then that is fine.....If you get into the train station and the tube isn't on time then I am sure you could get a taxi?

PS will prob have half an hour lie in ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 199385

xxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th March 2012, 7:27 am

I'm starting to think I should stay the night in London. Otherwise I might stress the whole journey, what if the train is delayed? I'm counting on the train being on time, which is highly likely, but you never know, and I haven't got a minute to spare. It'll be lonely being on my own though, I usually am quite solitary, but the night before my op isn't the best time.

Oh to add to my stress yesterday, when I received my email confirmation about date and time, it said that I was a day case ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 77873 I paid for overnight, and I'm not just having a straighforward ba, there's no way I'm leaving the hospital. I emailed back, apparently it's a standard email, that should have been corrected, I am an overnight case. Seriously, am I not stressed enough, that doesn't help!

Apparently I lost the date, because my mini tt hadn't been confirmed so the hospital booked someone else within that time. Ps wants more time to do the procedures which I can understand. But when I booked I paid more for the deposit to make sure the time was allowed for both surgeries. What's the point of booking both time slots, and paying the extra deposit if they go and give it to someone else instead. Plus, why do I have to change my date again, when someone who booked after me gets to keep it!!! This sounds like an administrative error, I know my pcc left days after I booked, some information got lost or confused during that time perhaps.

I know I'm still ranting away, but I really do need to get this out of my system, thank you for putting up with it! xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 9th March 2012, 9:40 am

Hi sweet - rant away - its good for you to let it all out. Possibly more to do with nerves tho?

Am sure you'll be ok. I started a message back to you last night giving my advice, saying I think you should stay in London the night before - but then didnt send it cos thought not really my place -

- but honestly I think its the best option. I think arriving at the place alll flustered will be a bad thing. I only had a small car journey there and my blood pressure was not good when I arrived (there was talk of waiting till it settled before the op and I thought NOOOOOO I dont want to wait anymore!!!) I know you might be a bit lonely but in honesty I think its best that way. Make sure you've plenty to read/watch a film that you HAVE to concentrate on the plot. Shame you cant have a couple of glasses of wine to help you sleep!

Do you have a comp/phone that you could bring if you stayed somewherre? I would stay up all night wittering with you if it helped? xxx
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th March 2012, 11:18 am

Thanks Kat, I'm always happy to hear advice, sometimes we can't think clearly when we get emotional, and other people can help put things into perspective. I hadn't even thought about the blood pressure ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 869500 , that settles it for me.

I'm not feeling great today, I feel rather blaaaaaaaah right now. It's nice and sunny, I think going out for a run will help...sorry I don't mean to tease you, you'll be running again soon. If it's any consolation my body and mind are saying jog not run right now ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 199385

I'll take my kindle, and tablet with me to keep me busy. Hopefully the hotel will have wi-fi, I'll try to keep this in mind when I book a room. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 9th March 2012, 2:13 pm

Hey Hon,

Don't want to cause arguments, but if the hospital says 30 mins late is ok and you're the only op for the day, there shouldn't be a problem

Despite Londoners obsession with tube times, even in the tube strikes I never had to wait more than 5 mins for a tube, and that early on a saturday shouldn't be busy busy. I know I'd rather spend the time at home with my OH than in a room by myself winding myself up!

But you know it's your choice and it depends what you get more stressed about. I don't get too bothered about travel and, as i said, travel in london is actually very good.

xx

What hospital are you going to?
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th March 2012, 3:38 pm

Luluthefirst, I'm not particularly concerned about the underground.

The train is what I'm more concerned about, because though it's on schedule more times than not, I've lost track of how many times its been delayed, I don't think my sanity can afford that. 30 minutes late is if there are absolutely no delays, it's impossible for me to be there at 7. I don't know if I'm willing to take the gamble.

DH works Friday night, so I can't be with him either way.

I'm going the St. John & Elizabeth xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 9th March 2012, 4:07 pm

Ohh! Sorry, I must have misread.

All the same, if it's only you having an op with that surgeon it might be worth asking about a different time - though he might want to get it done first thing if he normally has saturdays off.

I'm spending the night in a hotel the night before mine because there are no trains that would get me there on time.

If you stay somewhere close it would save the morning rush :)
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 9th March 2012, 4:09 pm

luluthefirst wrote:

If you stay somewhere close it would save the morning rush :)

This is me agreeing with you rather than stating the obvious ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! They changed my date again!!! 48411
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th March 2012, 4:30 pm

DH thinks I should stay in London overnight, spoil myself with room service or a restaurant, and enjoy some me time. But it is a shame I can't have a glass of wine or two. I think he knows me well enough to know that I will stress about travelling in the morning. I guess I feel guilty about leaving the kids, but my inlaws were going to look after them anyhow since I'd have to leave real early morning on the day anyhow, and if I leave late afternoon/early evening the day before, I'll still get to see them.

That's the only option I was given for surgery time, but it suits me, that way I don't have to spend the day starving pre-op. My PS is there on Saturday mornings to make sure those who had their ops the day before are fine, so it makes sense he'd wanna do it at this time.

Where are you having your op? Are you going with your OH? xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 9th March 2012, 4:44 pm

I'm going to Highgate. My OH has to work early that day so he's driving up to see me after work then staying overnight so he can take me home the next day :)

I'd have likes to have been with him before but that would just put stress on him having to wait anyway so I don't mind it being like this

x
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th March 2012, 4:50 pm

I think the men might get more stressed about it than us anyway. I won't even get to see DH until the day after surgery, because he needs to look after the children that day. So with work and taking care of the kids that'll be 48 hours without seeing him. I'll make sure to have plenty to entertain me.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down