Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre BA painkillers

+2
anneritchley
Boobies2be
6 posters

Go down

pre BA painkillers Empty pre BA painkillers

Post by Boobies2be 10th December 2014, 7:05 pm

Hello, me again!

I've managed to strain the back of my neck somehow and it's agony :( I need something a bit stronger than paracetamol and perhaps an anti inflammatory. I'd normally take ibuprofen but I believe I can't take this pre BA? My surgery is in 10 days time, is it safe to take ibuprofen, or what else can I take?? 

From a very stiff boobless lady!! :(
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

pre BA painkillers Empty Re: pre BA painkillers

Post by anneritchley 10th December 2014, 7:27 pm

Just paracetamol I think. Just remember though as much as it hurts please keep moving your neck as if you don't it will get worse!! Little neck movements will loosen it up xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th December 2014, 7:28 pm

Definitely don't take the ibuprofen. It acts to thin the blood which is the last thing you need when you want your wounds to clot and heal. 

Try a hot water bottle on your neck. The heat generally helps lots hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 10th December 2014, 7:44 pm

Oh no! Hopefully it clears up soon and before your ba! Agree with above, paracetamol is actually a surprising effective pain killed for most people if taken regularly at highest dose (500gx2). Make sure you don't take ibuprofen or any other drug in that class (NSAIDS). If you really feel you need something stronger maybe speak to a pharmacist about maybe something like co-codamol but make sure you tell them about your forthcoming op. But it's not an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen so only effective for pain (but stronger than paracetamol alone). I would only take it if you really can't handle the pain and only for a very short period of time! Good luck!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 10th December 2014, 7:45 pm

*surprisingly effective pain killer!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 10th December 2014, 8:14 pm

I'll try a hot bath tonight too, hopefully it'll ease up. Oddly enough it happened last month too!! I must be sleeping funny or something...I suspect if it does clear up before the 20th its going to come right back again when I have to sleep up. On the plus I'll have some decent pain killers then! X
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 10th December 2014, 9:33 pm

I'm sure it will ease quite quickly. Try and stretch it out a little and bit by bit it will ease! Also try and sleep aligned even if it initially feels more comfy to have your head on the wonk (technical term!).
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 10th December 2014, 9:39 pm

Haha funny you should say that I have been trying to sleep so I can't feel it so I'll try going pillowless tonight! Perhaps this is my body's way of meanly trying to prep me for the impending discomfort! Almost a bit like preggers nesting, but for the BA ha! X
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 10th December 2014, 9:43 pm

If you're taking them regularly the paracetamol should be enough. Just make sure you're not walking around like a robot, keeping it still will make it worse. Small movement, and try and go a little further every time. Or a niiiice relaxing massage!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 10th December 2014, 9:57 pm

Heat the area, with a hot water bottle or microwaveable heat pack they're a god send long oblong shape one goes perfectly round the neck. 

Heat relaxes the muscle, heat the area at least 3 times a day, once heated gently Strech if you can not overdo though! . Advise I once got from a physio x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 10th December 2014, 10:31 pm

Thanks mrsball.  I think i'll need to buy a heat pack 2mo...a long hot soak hasn't really done much to alleviate it! x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 11th December 2014, 7:20 am

You can by them from super drug, also doubles up as a cold pack if you freeze it for after ba. It's only a few pounds :ok:
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 11th December 2014, 9:32 am

Oh actually I just remembered I ordered some ice packs that double as  heat packs from amazon last week...but I don't think they're coming until tomorrow.  Sorry to say that it feels just as it did last night.  It's so concentrated in the top of my spine.  It just pulls ever so slightly when I turn left to right but that's just about bearable, but bending my head forward even a little is sore!!  Feels like my neck is going to rip off my head! x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 11th December 2014, 1:20 pm

Maybe see an osteopath or physio?
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 11th December 2014, 1:28 pm

I've just heated up my rice sizers!!!  Hysterical They are doubling up as amazing diy heat packs once microwaved fore a few minutes...although I a m now smelling of thai rice! If it continues though I think I'll pay a visit to the dr x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th December 2014, 2:04 pm

LOL at you and your rice haha.

If you do see your GP do ensure they're aware of your up and coming surgery because this will have a big impact on any meds he gives you. Also, do be sure to call the clinic and tell them your meds too. The anaesthetist needs to be aware of all meds prior to you having your Breast Augmentation. 

Hope you feel better soon. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 11th December 2014, 2:55 pm

I really think I'm just going to try and grin and bare it until op day...I just don't want to jeapordise my surgery date, what with this and the allergy!  I'm getting a little reprieve for full on ouchyness with the heat so i've got them secured to the back of my neck with a scarf...going to ignore all recommendations that say just apply for 15 mins at a time and keep it on for as long as possible! 

I must look like the elephant man from behind...glad I'm working from home today! haha x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 11th December 2014, 3:09 pm

The other thing you might want to try is 'thermacare'. You can buy in boots and they are slim heat packs that stick to you and stay hot all day!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 11th December 2014, 3:27 pm

oh they sound exactly what i need!  Thanks for the tip there...I am desperate to be mobile again before next week! x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th December 2014, 10:33 pm

Boobies2be wrote:I really think I'm just going to try and grin and bare it until op day...I just don't want to jeapordise my surgery date, what with this and the allergy!  I'm getting a little reprieve for full on ouchyness with the heat so i've got them secured to the back of my neck with a scarf...going to ignore all recommendations that say just apply for 15 mins at a time and keep it on for as long as possible! 

I must look like the elephant man from behind...glad I'm working from home today! haha x
Hahahaha. Bless you, you sound like me but I'm mostly like that all the time lol.

I think I'd brave it out too hun and deal with whatever later IF it's still there. Hopefully the heats all that's needed to lessen the muscles up. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 12th December 2014, 3:11 pm

Definitely think it's a trapped nerve or something...it's tingling in my arm and fingers just ever so slightly!

Thanks for the recommendation mammamia...they were on sale in tesco, a box for £4, so picked up a couple and have had one on all day.  Cosy warm...saves zapping the rice boobs in the microwave every 15 min ha!

It now has a week to shift! panic x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down