Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Less supportive bra and permanent damage???Help!!!

4 posters

Go down

Less supportive bra and permanent damage???Help!!! Empty Less supportive bra and permanent damage???Help!!!

Post by Jen23 7th December 2014, 8:11 am

Hi girls!
Well following cookies advice I purchased a decent bra.
I was wearing 2 my surgeon gave meander thought they were supportive until I foundthe shock absorber. What a bra!!!
Now im worried that the last week (since swelling has gone down) in the ones he gave me have maybe had a negative effect on my healing. I have furrys so it extra important they sit right as they need to adhere to pocket.
Obviously I just assumed the bras he gave me would be doing a good enough job.
Now I feel stupid and angry at myself for not looking into alternatives. Im panicking that permanent damage my have been done, especially as ive had implant that hasn't right since the off. ( my surgeon wasn't worried bout this when I saw him, and it has settled s lot since)
So am I panicking unnecessarily? Has permanent damage been done? Will they not heal properly now??
I could cry!!! Please help x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Less supportive bra and permanent damage???Help!!! Empty Re: Less supportive bra and permanent damage???Help!!!

Post by COOKIE 7th December 2014, 9:42 am

You're panicking unnecessarily Jen Hug

This is a common problem Jen and 9 times out of 10 just having good support and ensuring you're not putting any stress on the upper body sorts the problem out in no time. 

It's just one of those things that happens sometimes and as you said, when you first wore the bras given by your surgein they were fine! But now your swellings gone down you've had to change bra accordingly to gain that support back. 

It is very, very rare that the implant wouldn't adhere to the picket, especially with furries, so don't worry yourself at all.

Let's say for talkings sake that it didn't adhere....this would be your surgeons error and it would be a simple case of removal, new implant - sorted. 

But you're going to be just fine loveky and glad you're feeling much more comfortable now too Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Less supportive bra and permanent damage???Help!!! Empty Re: Less supportive bra and permanent damage???Help!!!

Post by Jen23 7th December 2014, 9:53 am

Thanks cookie. I think im less worried about it not adhering and more concerned that it will stay in the position it is now, and has always been, which is slightly wonky.
It has flattened out a lot as swelling has subsided, just hope it eventually sits flat to my chest like the other has x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th December 2014, 10:04 am

Your surgeons aware of it so they will be keeping an eye on things for you Jen. 

If you're overly worried at any time at all throughout your recovery then go back and see your surgeon to discuss it Hun. Always ensure any concerns you have are written in your notes too. 

But don't read anything in me suggesting that. I know when your worried your mind can run away with you and I don't want you thinking I'm suggesting you head right back to your surgeon. 

Give yourself a week of good support and careful consideration about your upper body movement. If you find you're still feeling the implant and nothing's changed, then go back and see what your surgeon says then. IF you need to at all. Hopefully you'll be feeling some difference and it getting better. 

About the implant being wonky, I'm unsure about that with furries, but your surgeon reassured you and I'm sure they know what they're doing. Take pictures weekly Jen. This way you can see the movement of the implants as they change and as the swelling 'all' goes and the skin starts to relax. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 7th December 2014, 10:12 am

I think it will get better. It has a lot since. Its always been this way, since day 1, my surgeon isn't concerned at all, which is reassuring.
Unfortunately, in my job, upper body movement is unavoidable. I work for Costa coffeeand we are mad busy this time of year.
Ive been on the slightly less demanding jobs, but if ive had a busy day, hubby is great and wont let me do stuff when I get home.
Luckily I only do 12 hours a week there so its not too bad x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th December 2014, 10:21 am

You could always get a doctors note if you needed one Jen. 

Just ask the doc for a note to say you've had 'general surgery' no-one need know the type of surgery you've had nor do you need to explain and ask them to put you on 'light duties'

Think about YOU and your boobs Jen. Don't worry about your colleagues, if it were them having just spent a small fortune to correct something you can bet your bottom dollar they wouldn't think about you, so if doing light duties is just wiping tables with the arm on the side that's doing OK then that's what you need to do. But don't overexert yourself babe when you'd benefit from resting.. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 7th December 2014, 12:46 pm

Is there any way to know if the implant didn't adhere? Like, an obvious outward sign?
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 7th December 2014, 1:11 pm

Charlii, yr scaring me now :(
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th December 2014, 2:09 pm

Charlii wrote:Is there any way to know if the implant didn't adhere? Like, an obvious outward sign?
Yes, you'd feel the implant moving around in the Breast. It's often been referred to by those who have experienced this as a rolling implant, because of the movement they feel. Xx

Don't be scared Jen. Charlii asked a very relevant question about this problem that can happen....but we've had MANY women complain about the implant not yet having adhered and with correct support that's all that's been required to sort it out. It really is very rare for the implant not to adhere. 

I would think with the furries there would be even less risk because of the shell which is created to adhere upon placement. So given a little time of stability hopefully this will be sorted for you very soon. Your surgeon was confident it would be OK weren't they. So just see how it goes. There's no point worrying over something that may never happen Jen. 

You're already feeling the benefit of good support, so just give it a chance babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 7th December 2014, 2:35 pm

I didn't need a high impact bra after my op, some people don't. I have a fantastic panache one now for running, but as I said didn't need it at the beginning, I know some people do, so not to worry.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 7th December 2014, 6:42 pm

Sorry if I scared you Jen! I asked because most complications have an obvious sign, but something like that is all internal. Plus I have my own worries at the moment that perhaps a patch of my left implant hasn't adhered properly, as I have a very strange feeling in it if I move it upwards.

With the furries there is definitely a reduced risk of this, because of their Velcro effect. like Cookie said, keep weekly pics so you can see any and all changes.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 7th December 2014, 6:47 pm

Its OK, I had worked myself up this morning.
Sorry yr having trouble with yours :( so, does it mean trouble if its not adhered properly or will u be able to just carry on with it as the rest is OK?
Sorry if thats a stupid question x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 7th December 2014, 6:58 pm

That I don't know. And that's kind of where I got to with it - if its something tolerable, I'd rather live with it for longer, than have to have additional surgery if its not something life threatening or going to cause further complications. Right now personally I'm trying to weed out any other possibilities that could be causing it, lifestyle, clothing etc., and am keeping a diary of the aches etc.. Then I can go to my surgeon armed with all the info in the new year and discuss options if this is indeed what has happened.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 7th December 2014, 9:49 pm

I think thats a good way of thinking, its difficult not to get worked up so if you manage that then please tell me how!
I know personally that if the risk of surgery, and tampering with an otherwise problem free pocket, outweighed the discomfort I thinking would stick with it. But I don't know how it feels physically to you.
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down