Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supportive families??

+10
xlaurenx
alice111
zebra1984
Kmaise3
Nicole
rockyk12
clover84
mais04
jakki32
5stonedown
14 posters

Go down

Supportive families?? Empty Supportive families??

Post by 5stonedown 30th September 2012, 7:32 am

Just wondered what was everyone's experience of telling their families and friends about their BA?

I have been bery lucky, my mum who is very old fashioned and didnt speak to me for 3 months becuase she didnt like how many tattoos I was getting has amazingly been fab! I thought she would have disowned me but I showed her what I was working with and she just hugged me and said "Oh I can see why you are not happy, just please be careful!" She has worried about me as any mother would but thankfully she has not judged me or tried to put me off. My sister had a BA 1 week after me so she has been a great form of support! My partner has been fab and paid for my surgery and has looked after me every step of the way. Yesterday I told my mother-in-law what I had done. I was very nervous telling her as I didnt know how she would react. She had breast cancer last year and lost 1 of her breasts had chemo and herceptin treatment and is now thankfully ok but she didnt get reconstruction and I kinda felt very vain and that she might think "you think your boobs look bad! Mine nearly killed me!" Anyway I told her and she said "If I was your age I would have had the reconstruction and I would have done the same thing as you in your situation" It was a relief to tell her and to have her support and she said if she ever decided in the future to have a reconstruction I have to let her see and feel my boobs!!

My friends have also been great, my best mate has been very supportive and now she wants hers done!!! She has never made me feel bad about it or come across as jealous or anything which is great. I havent told many other people but a couple of girls from the gym now know and generally the support is there. Some said they wouldnt want a foreign body inside themselves but that they could see the appeal and if its right for me just to go for it.

I just wondered what everyone else's experience has been as I also had an uplift and after losing 5 stone I wonder whether people have been more supportive as they see the operation as different in someway from a BA by itself???
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Supportive families?? Empty Re: Supportive families??

Post by jakki32 30th September 2012, 7:46 am

You mentioned your mother in law. I booked to see a surgeon a few years ago
But couldn't go through with it as my mum had just received the all clear from the hospital ( breast cancer), and I kept thinking: she didn't have a choice and I am going to scar my breasts for an implant. I just told her I
Changed my mind. But this year we spoke about it at length and she has been so supportive, Hug she didn't lose the whole breast and still for her age has an amazing chest considering her age and the lumpectomy .She said you looked after me so I will Hoover for you!! Made me laugh!!! Heart : My friends have been
Great too x x
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 30th September 2012, 8:53 am

My mum and nan are nervous and keep telling me I dont need to but being more than supportive if its what I want. My OH gave me some money towards it with his tax rebate he sometimes says I dont need to but others says hes looking forward to it. My close friends ask about it alot and are brilliant. And theres the odd person that will say 'dont go too big you will look stupid' as if I dont know what size I want, I only want to fill out what Ive lost from pregnancies .... and even if I did want massive boobs it wouldnt be for them to comment anyway, its jealousy i think.

I think its such a shame when people dont have support for it, or are made to feel guilty. My partner did say something about how much its costing could go towards us having a new kitchen. This might sound selfish but I've been saving for so long! and not buying myself clothes and luxuries, I spend most of it on the babies and whats left I save... would rather be happy with my boobs than a new kitchen... theres nothing wrong with ours at the moment anyway lol xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by clover84 30th September 2012, 9:31 am

Thats not selfish at all hun, you need to do what makes you happy and I you're like me I sometimes forget I'm a woman aswell as a mummy.
My family haven't been supportive at all, my mum told me they were a luxury a only rich people get implants lol. And my brother seems to think you have to get a ba 3 times before you get the right look (know it all little so and so) and that you can die from it "I could get hit by a bus tomorrow" was my response. My OH doesn't really care, although I think he wants me to (I'm very paranoid and emotional about anything anyone says atm). Friends have been quite good, although in there "trying" to be helpful attitude they seem to point out the cons rather than the pros lol.
how did you get on with mr meleagos? x
clover84
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by rockyk12 30th September 2012, 11:28 am

I thought my mum was going to kill me! she was shocked when i told her but came round to it really quickly (esp when i took my 2 booster bras off Shocked ) she understands where im coming from although i think shed rather i didnt want to have my BA, i havnt told my dad yet i know he will go mad so il wait until im booked and ready to go!
I have had a really unsupportive friend who was so rude to me when i told her i was thinking about it, so she will not be told anything more about it!! Rolling Eyes
clover i used the exact same argument i could walk out of the front door and get hit by a bus so i may aswell do what makes me happy!!
At least we all have this forum for plenty of support when we need it, i would be lost without it! group hug
rockyk12
rockyk12
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 491

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 30th September 2012, 11:53 am

My fiance doesn't want me to get a BA, he says he loves my boobs as they are and doesn't think i need it. But he understands how i feel about my body and is supporting me nonetheless. I haven't told my parents yet, putting it off until its all booked and ready to go but i think my mum will be OK with it, might not tell my dad and hope he doesn't notice though haha. None of my friends have an issue with it, some roll their eyes but they keep their opinions to themselves, most just ask questions because i'm the first person they've known to consider getting one and they're intrigued! xxxx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Kmaise3 30th September 2012, 12:01 pm

HI,
All my friends have been great, although there has been the odd one, who like to 'give advice'.
my family have been good, my mum came with ,me and has been so helpful! :thumbs:

HOWEVER....... my OH was NOT impressed about me having it done, right from the start he said it was a waste of money. when i first got it done he wouldnt even look at them and when he did, he came out with this gem "arent they supposed to be higher! i thought thats why you were getting them done!" needless to say i was not impressed!

He is getting better now, and i know he cares in his own way because he has dryed my hair for me and is helping out more!!

Men ehhh!? lol shrug

Kmaise3
Kmaise3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 30th September 2012, 12:49 pm

My husband understands why I want it done, I never had much to start with but there is now practically nothing, just muscle ( quote surgeon), and he does laugh when The fillets etc come flying out !!! He is worried about the anesthetic , and the pain . Overall he has been great..he is more excited then me I think and said he will be getting me loads of undies for Christmas !!!!! :thumbs:
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zebra1984 30th September 2012, 1:11 pm

newboobz wrote:My fiance doesn't want me to get a BA, he says he loves my boobs as they are and doesn't think i need it.

That's how my boyfriend was... now he can't stop looking at them and is counting down the days until I let him touch them, lol!

My parents have been great, obviously they thought I didn't need it etc but they have been supportive. So much so they have given me a loan to pay it off as they worried about me getting a real loan with all the interest etc So I can't be grateful enough to them! My mum understands as she is small boobed also and totally gets where I am coming from when you leave shops not being able to find a nice bra in your size and that feeling of not feeling like a woman.

My boyfriend said I was fine as I was but could understand why I wanted it as sometimes if I was having a bad boob day I would always shy away from taking my bra off... now I can't help taking it off in front of him and I love that feeling so much! I feel so much more confident already, kinda wish I did it years ago now!
My sister was the only person to react in a negative way but she is fine now and supportive...I just think she was jealous as she also has small boobs, lol!

Friends have been great too and can't wait to see me though I think I am going to try and avoid seeing people until I have my first bra, I want them to see cleavage and think "wow" whereas now with the Macom I don't think they will be too impressed, lol! Not that it matters but after going through all this I want people to think wow!

So yeah, all in all nice reacts from everyone.

xx
zebra1984
zebra1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by zebra1984 30th September 2012, 1:12 pm

reactions***
zebra1984
zebra1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by alice111 30th September 2012, 2:28 pm

Only my family (sisters, brother, mum and dad), beautician and exes know Ive had them done. My dad is totally against it, my mum has been supportive and my brother and sisters haven't really had a problem.

I don't want to tell anyone else, as I havent got space to hear peoples comments, or allow anyone to say anything negative. To me I've treated it as a very personal thing, because ppl still judge and I don't want to give ppl the opportunity to do that.

I did have a relative ask me have I had them done, I just said no, I've put on weight..lol. My boobs make me look hourglass so I can get away with it. xxx
alice111
alice111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by xlaurenx 30th September 2012, 2:51 pm

I am very lucky that my family are supportive about me having a BA. My fiance says that he likes the way my boobs are at the moment but understands this is something i have longed for over many years, even more so since having our son. Other than close family i wont be telling anyone of my BA and if they ask will tell them i am wearing a good bra. xxxx

xlaurenx
xlaurenx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 30th September 2012, 4:35 pm

My Partner has been supportive but seems to think once i get my Boobs i'll go off with someone else Rolling Eyes i've had a friend say that i'm 'Vain' which upset me at the time but put it down to jealousy!! My partners mum doesn't agree with Ba's and said "It's disgusting and why would i want it done" I couldn't be bothered to go into it all so wont mention it again to her Supportive families?? 77873 I wont be telling anyone else, i'm happy with my decision and thats all that matters....THIS IS FOR ME!! Supportive families?? 727935
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 502

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB84 30th September 2012, 6:12 pm

Im still contemplating telling my mum! She is really against it, I was away with her last weekend and all she talked about was how I need to save money which made me feel even more reluctant to tell her. :( but I have this part of me that would not want to hide this from her. I have just over 2 months until my BA and I threat everyday about telling her.

On the other hand my OH is fine with it, actually looking forward to it lol..but he keeps saying that I should go massive!! When I say I'm not going massive he's like "what's the point" , he just winding me up but it still plays on my mind as the last thing ill want to hear after my BA is something like "they're not that big".

So nice to hear that many of you have had your family's support, just hope my mum comes round when I finally get the balls to tell her!

X
LisaB84
LisaB84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Puddin' 6th October 2012, 3:57 pm

On the other hand my OH is fine with it, actually looking forward to it lol..but he keeps saying that I should go massive!! When I say I'm not going massive he's like "what's the point" , he just winding me up but it still plays on my mind as the last thing ill want to hear after my BA is something like "they're not that big".

LisaB84 I am in the same position as you with my OH. He has always been up for the BA and is helping me pay for it, but he does want me to go BIG, without really having much understanding about it at all. I am no expert, but I am in a better position than him to decide what I want. I am terrified that he will be dissapointed though. Supportive families?? 683465

As for telling other people. My mum and my sister have been amazing. My mum knew that this was something that I wanted to do, ever since she watched me break down in tears in the lingerie dept in Debenhams. She knows how much this means to me and has never objected. I have told close friends and apart from one classic 'You are going to look like Jordan' comment, everyone has been great. One friend even wants me to have a Boob Party so she can have a grope!

My Dad - I have not told him. He is the biggest square I know. He hates my tattoos (I got a sleeve started recently, he doesnt know about that either!), my piercings, so I doubt that he would be thrilled. So, I am not telling him until he notices.

My In-Laws. I have not told them yet either. They are my biggest worry as my OH and I are currently living with them. We are supposed to be saving for a deposit for a house, so I feel pretty bad about spending the cash on this. But they have always encouraged us to go and enjoy ourselves as life is too short, so I am! I will have to tell them at some point though!

I think everyone is going to have their own reaction. The main thing is is that you are happy with your decision...and I am!
Princess Puddin'
Princess Puddin'
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB84 6th October 2012, 10:20 pm

I know how you feel Princess but if we think about it they're MEN and so they will love our boobs whatever the size, they are more obsesed with boobs then we are (well actually saying that Im pretty obsessed atm ha ha) they will be so excited to have these new boobs to play with the size will no doubt go out the window anyway. Regardless.....we are doing this for us not for them and if they don't like it then they know what to do! Bum Wiggle ha ha

So nice to hear you have your mum and sisters support and I hope that the in laws are just as supportive honey xxx
LisaB84
LisaB84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 6th October 2012, 10:48 pm

Don't worry about your other half, he loved you small boobs and for you and will love u no matter what Hug so he won't be disappointed Princess boobsign x Your Dad sounds like mine! I am 41 and still worry about his opinion! Shocked
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mummy me 6th October 2012, 10:57 pm

My family have been really supportive my mum says they look great, my dad knows but his not the type to discuss things like that with his girls, but on my op day I was crying my eyes out thinking they were too small ( they are not they are perfect but I was completely taped up so couldn't see! ) and he said to my mum tell her if she's not happy call credit card company and claim money back and say you we're unhappy with product Hysterical bless him. My mum has always wanted a BA but now feels she's too old and she suffers from lumps in her breast thankfully not cancerous but will never get it done for these two reasons. My hubby even though he was supportive and payed for my BA told me he didn't want me to have it done as he loved my boobs the way they were but that he would support what ever I wanted as he knew I wanted a BA for years, now they are bigger he loves them, I keep saying I'm going to go bigger in a few years ( I won't just want his reaction! Lol ) and he says no your not they are perfect now. It really is nice to have the understanding of your friends and family but if we don't then that's their problem not ours, it's our body, our money, our confidence and our self esteem sod them xx
Mummy me
Mummy me
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down