Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between rounds and anatomicals

+2
Charlii
Daisychains
6 posters

Go down

Difference between rounds and anatomicals Empty Difference between rounds and anatomicals

Post by Daisychains 10th August 2014, 8:11 pm

I am looking at having either a 215 or 245 sized implant and am a flat 34aa dress size 8.  One Dr has said due to lack of tissue I should have anatomicals. The other suggested anatomicals if I went for the larger size but if I went near to 200 could have rounds. I want a really natural look but am worries about possible complications, rotation being one especially as I do a lot of running. I may go for furry brazilians if I have anatomicals due to decreased risk of rotation but am not totally sure about them. If I went for rounds would they really look that different given that they will be held in under the muscle? I see lots of pics of round on here and they don't look like stuck on balls but I don't want mine to!!
Daisychains
Daisychains
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Difference between rounds and anatomicals Empty Re: Difference between rounds and anatomicals

Post by Charlii 10th August 2014, 8:35 pm

There's a fantastic pic of an xray somewhere on the site of both a round and an anatomical implant. They're identical. The whole thing with fluffing is that gravity takes hold of the implant and the filling moves to the lower pole, filling it out and giving it the teardrop shape. 

The reason to go for anatomical wouldn't just be a lack of tissue, but your decolletage too - how bony and thick skinned you are around the upper chest. I had zero breast tissue, but enough coverage with unders to go rounds. Looking at them, you wouldn't guess either or. They don't look stuck on, and they don't look round, they look like boobs! (my avi is 'on display' so not a true representation!)

I would say get a third opinion, BAAPS preferably if you haven't already. Then you can compare. But always go with what you feel is the best decision. 

I'd also say check your band size, if you're an 8 I doubt you're a 34. Measure round your band and don't add anything, that's the old way. This will give you a better idea going in. I thought I was a 36 coz of the old way, thinking I'd come out a 36C, so you can imagine my surprise when I measured 32E. Just remember though, size is just a number, focus on shape and look.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Difference between rounds and anatomicals Empty Re: Difference between rounds and anatomicals

Post by Daisychains 10th August 2014, 9:33 pm

Thanks I'll see if I can find that X-ray. I actually measure 29 across my band but while I can wear some 32s they are usually too tight so I never am sure what to think with bra sizes! I am not too concerned about what size I am after. I think my skin is fairly thin but yes will also get a third view - both BAAPS surgeons. Am going to see mrs kat again soon for a second consult so will ask her about rounds as we didn't discuss them as an option the first time so she may have some thoughts herself as to the look
Daisychains
Daisychains
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 11th August 2014, 6:01 am

I think it's about skin thickness too. I have quite thin skin n even mine don't look stuck on, I think it depends on the look you want really. I wasn't happy with rounds as I have one very droopy booby that hangs under my implant. I think that maybe alot to do with the implant never dropping n remaining too high on my chest as my other breasts has a natural shape. Surgeon recommended anatomicals tho as the fullness at the bottom will give me  a mini lift
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 11th August 2014, 7:22 am

If you did want to go for rounds maybe consider a moderate profile instead of high?! I would also recommend getting another opinion!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 11th August 2014, 10:12 am

Difference between rounds and anatomicals Xray10

heres the picture of the xray

If you are unsure see another surgeon and see waht they say and just take your time in deciding xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 11th August 2014, 10:46 am

Perfect Tink, thanks!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 11th August 2014, 11:36 am

not a prob

i remember last nov when I broke y ribs go karting you could see my implants on the xray  Blush xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 11th August 2014, 12:14 pm

I had to have a chest xray to check for sarcoidosis with all this arthritis malarkey, but they wouldn't let me see the pics, I thought it'd be well interesting...maybe I should ask again on Friday!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 11th August 2014, 12:34 pm

That's a really interesting x ray thank you!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by samlr87 11th August 2014, 1:09 pm

That is very interesting indeed! They look exactly the same! I was recommended teardrop implants, dual plane due to having a broad chest and thin skin. Like others have said, if you are at all not sure just get another opinion :)
samlr87
samlr87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 11th August 2014, 2:58 pm

ive broad chest thin skin and hardly any at that and had rounds, I used to hate that I had upper pole all the time but now i think id miss it lol

yeah all I could see charlii were 2 round white hazy things hah xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down