Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting head around first consultation

+3
Mammamia
Princess_x
Daisychains
7 posters

Go down

Getting head around first consultation  Empty Getting head around first consultation

Post by Daisychains 9th July 2014, 7:54 pm

So I went for my first consultation today. Was really interesting and god how much did I love trying out the implants!! I wanted to take them home for my bra padding! I think I'd go for a 225 or 245 anatomical implant - he was very good at explaining the pros and cons and would have gone for rounds if I'd wanted smaller especially as I do a lot of running but at that size felt anatomicals we're the better choice. 

However there are two major things that I kind of knew but hit home more today. The first is that chances are we'd like another baby at some point. He suggested I waited until I'm done with kids (but I am not sure I can!!) as I am generally petite and have a little breast tissue that didn't sag on my last two chances are it would be ok but obviously there are no guarantees - although personally I don't mind if they sag a bit, I'll just be happy for them to be bigger!

But the main thing is the realisation that this won't be a one off, I am probably in for 3/4 surgeries in my lifetime. And it's that that gets me a bit. How did you who are post BA reconcile that in your heads? Not just the cost side but also the physical side? Part of me thinks why am I thinking of doing this to myself while the other part thinks I hate my boobs as they are and loads of people have BA. Argh what to do?!?!
Daisychains
Daisychains
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Getting head around first consultation  Empty Re: Getting head around first consultation

Post by Princess_x 9th July 2014, 8:47 pm

We all have to accept the realisation that our implants won't be last forever, and we will be undergoing surgery twice, 3 times, 4 times or more.. to be honest the way I dealt/deal with that is I just don't think about it! I'm on my second set of implants already as my first were PIP's. I had those 5 years and I've had these ones in 2 years.. I'm going to keep these ones in as long as I possibly can x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Getting head around first consultation  Empty Re: Getting head around first consultation

Post by Daisychains 9th July 2014, 8:52 pm

Princess how did you find having the second surgery with a reasonable gap from the first. Was the recovery different/better/the same? Or was it just a pain in the a**e going back through the recovery process again?
Daisychains
Daisychains
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 9th July 2014, 9:33 pm

In a way it's great that you're worrying about 2 issues that could get brushed aside and forgotten about! I can't comment on having more babies as I've decided no more (although I don't think i'd mind a bit of sag!) but my surgeon told me there is a very high chance I won't need them replaced again. Another surgeon (listed in times top 100) also said the same and he is the chief investigator on a long term safety evaluation trial. Both baaps. You can't get your hopes up as there are obviously many reasons why you may need them replaced and the younger you start, the more replacements you may need... a good surgeon should always explain all possible risks. But just thought I'd share what I was told. I'm 35. Although the life span is generally 10 years, many will last longer and I was told if it ain't broken don't fix it. I know this is probably quite controversial but not my words!! Having said that though I will always keep enough for 1 replacement in savings. After that I'll have to reacquaint myself with my fried eggs!!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Galeforce1 10th July 2014, 9:23 am

Hiya I have had my BA now but like you I am planning one more child and I couldn't wait till after I was to unhappy with them! It probably is best to wait till after but some women's look just as fab after, saying this I'm sure women have needed revision too, we all have to go onto it thinking there is a high chance of needing more than one surgery anyway. Some women are lucky and had their implants in for decades with no need for surgery my nurse told me about a lady that wanted them removed after 32 years and they were still in good nic! The only thing if you get them done and get pregnant you have to really watch your weight and only put on what you should during pregnancy. I didn't find the healing process that bad at all a lot less than my cesarean and I personally think it's so worth it as I'm now in proportion :-) There are so many things that could happen and the possibility of two or three more surgeries, something, that is it worth it in your mind :-) xx
Galeforce1
Galeforce1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 10th July 2014, 12:46 pm

I found my second surgery more painful/sore than my first. It was a pain doing the recovery again aswell, being stuck in a sports bra for 3 months etc etc. Right now, I'm going with the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' too x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 11th July 2014, 5:57 am

I haven't had any children yet, am 24 and imagine I have a few more years to wait as am focusing on my career and I didn't pick a fast one!! 
I don't think I could wait till after I have kids, natural breasts would sag anyway and I just want bigger, natural looking ones so think I'll have to take it on the chin.
With regard to repeat surgeries, it's obviously not great, my biggest worry is finances but I'm working hard towards a financially secure future. So that's the way I look at it, I am waiting to upgrade my car seen as I'm having new boobies and perhaps that's a choice I will have to make again in the future - rubbish car, fabulous boobies!!
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 11th July 2014, 6:40 pm

Its a big decision to make, and one that only you can. There's no absolute answer, some women are fine after a pregnancy, some aren't. I don't have kids and don't plan on it, but hypothetically, if I was going into this to fix post kid boobs, with a view to having another in the next couple years, Id wait if I could. Now there's no knowing whether another pregnancy will have the same affect as previously, but the fact that you've also brought up your concerns about reops and costs makes me think it might be worth thinking long and hard about whether this is the right decision for you now. Its very easy to get swept up with the excitement, but you do need to consider the near-ish future.

For me, I knew going in that this was never a one off. Not even a one off payment for the baps, as you're recommended to have MRI's every 3yrs to check for ruptures, so that can be another £150 each time. But I'm prepared to pay for that. A lot of girls start saving for the next one as soon as they've had the first. Personally I'm going to continue to keep a boob fund once I've paid this one off, I've afforded the repayment, I'll keep 'repaying' into a savings account for next time. Hopefully, it'll be in the distant future, but you never know.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by fnej01 11th July 2014, 7:38 pm

My surgeon advised me that  I needed to think of my implants as a temporary change not a permanent change.  He advised me to put money aside for what will come in the future.  To be honest I found it really helpful getting my head around the surgery. 

The op is a big decision, only you can decide what's right for you xx
fnej01
fnej01
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down