Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Active Jobs?

+3
Ella88
mirren001
EmzH
7 posters

Go down

Active Jobs? Empty Active Jobs?

Post by EmzH 5th July 2014, 9:58 pm

Do any of you ladies have active jobs?

I'm a Sports Rehabilitator (king of like a physio) so my job involves treating people/rehabbing rugby lads. From what I've read most people take at least a week or two off from desk type jobs. I'm self employed so at the moment anything more than that for me would be unrealistic in terms of the money I could loose & looking like I'm taking the mick with work!

has anyone been in a similar role/have any advice? x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Active Jobs? Empty Re: Active Jobs?

Post by mirren001 5th July 2014, 10:52 pm

I work in a care environment at times my job can be physically demanding, I took 2 weeks holiday and on return to work my GP was kind enough to give me a line requesting light duties for a few extra weeks due to a pulled muscle ( GP wasn't entirely fibbing as did have kind of a pulled muscle just that it was pulled and had an implant shoved under it!....lol)
Could you maybe re jig your schedule so that you don't have too many physically demanding cases for a few extra weeks to give yourself a little more healing time? XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella88 6th July 2014, 7:36 am

Heya hun, it's tough isn't it? The other thing I've seen a lot of girls say that they've done their back in - think that's the excuse I'm going to use! Explains any hunching or weird posturing that way as well! x
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 6th July 2014, 11:38 am

I think the best thing to do would be discuss it with you're surgeon. If it's very physical, they may say light duties only, or it invalidates your aftercare or something. It's also going to be difficult for you, even at 3/4 wks you're unlikely to be strong enough for a deep tissue massage or something. I'd definitely discuss it with your surgeon to see how much you should do, and what to expect of yourself.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 6th July 2014, 1:00 pm

That's a hard one. You definitely won't be able to do anything physically demanding for a good few weeks, usually 6 x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 6th July 2014, 1:35 pm

yes huni im on your boat, I do fitness massage. I went back 2 weeks post op. not going to lie, it is tiring, I haven't done any fitness yet, only light massage but even that leaves me breathless and achey. im managing but just cant wait til these few wks are past me. I wasn't one who suffered a lot post op, you will have to wait see how u are... oh and my surgeon said id be fine to go back to my job 2 weeks post op so I trusted him x
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 6th July 2014, 5:42 pm

thanks ladies.

It's really difficult for me to request light duties as I'm either treating people in clinic or working with the rugby lads all of which requires me to be able to do sports/deep tissue massage, physical assessments, rehab - inc running - and pitch side trauma - again needing to be able to run :-/ x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 6th July 2014, 6:24 pm

I don't see how you're going to be able to have a BA and then do all of that 2 weeks later to be honest :/ x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 6th July 2014, 6:33 pm

Could you opt for a date out of season?
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 6th July 2014, 6:43 pm

yeah rugby wise I could look for a date that could give me up to 2 months recovery but clinic wise it'd be either time off or full work - I couldn't pick & choose the treatments I did x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 6th July 2014, 8:09 pm

Maybe see if you could get 3 or 4 weeks off clinic and after that you should be feeling loads better! Are you having over or under the muscle? My surgeon told me 2 weeks of rest, 2 weeks of taking it easy, and then I can do the Olympics!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 6th July 2014, 8:11 pm

Emz, I think you've got a very big hard decision on your hands. There's going to be clauses in your after care that you can't exercise for 6wks, and even then just because you are allowed to, doesn't mean you're body will be ready to. You're going to need to make a sacrifice somewhere for this. If you are 100% committed to getting a BA, you need to be 100% committed to the post op instructions. It's not like it is in the magazines, off for a week and back out on gym photo shoots. It's a big operation and you're going to need to respect the time it takes to recover from it. Now I know this sounds harsh, and I don't want to be the voice of doom, I just want to make it very realistic to you. If you get a complication because you've gone back to work and overdone it, they will whip your after care out from under you faster than you will know. 

I really do think you need to decide if now is the right time to have the BA, or if there would be a better time at a later point where you can afford to take a 6wk break in order to properly recover and fulfill your side of the post op. Like I said above, you need to speak with your surgeon to really know. I just want to be honest with you.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 6th July 2014, 9:17 pm

Charlii is right. You would need at least 6 weeks off work, that's at the very least x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down