Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boob Jobs and Exercise...

+3
nads
MarieMc85
kellie
7 posters

Go down

Boob Jobs and Exercise... Empty Boob Jobs and Exercise...

Post by kellie 5th July 2009, 8:11 pm

Can anyone share their thoughts on boob jobs and exercising?

I'm Pre BA and I exercise for an hour and a half 3 times a week at the gym... I do a lot of cardio - running, climbing, rowing etc...

I still need to do a lot of research but right now, i think I would prefer to have anatomical unders (don't know if that's the right terminology! :dunno: ) as i want a more natural shape but I'm worried with the amount of bouncing around I do on the treadmill etc that it'll put me more at risk of the implants moving out of position within their pockets...

I've also heard that people who do weights tend to opt for overs as with unders they can feel the implants move when they tense the chest muscles??

Can you shed any light on these points?

Thank you xxx Heart
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Boob Jobs and Exercise... Empty Re: Boob Jobs and Exercise...

Post by MarieMc85 5th July 2009, 8:16 pm

Hi,

Anatomicals can flip over but I'm not sure if exercise will cause this.

Girls who do weights normally opt for overs as the muscle contracts over the implant and distorts the shape of the breast.

Your surgeon/patient co-ordinator should be able to advise you.

Marie

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th July 2009, 8:23 pm

kellie wrote: i think I would prefer to have anatomical unders (don't know if that's the right terminology! :dunno: ) as i want a more natural shape but I'm worried with the amount of bouncing around I do on the treadmill etc that it'll put me more at risk of the implants moving out of position within their pockets...
I would suggest going on a few consults and see what the surgeon recommends for the look you want. I was very flat pre op and got round unders and mine look very natural, nice slope etc so it can be done with rounds. Anatomicals have less than 5% chance of rotating, and if done by a surgeon who is experienced in them it probably wont happen, again see what comes recommended for you
I've also heard that people who do weights tend to opt for overs as with unders they can feel the implants move when they tense the chest muscles??
Yes it can cause distortion when you flex you pecs if you have unders, but it sounds like you dont do alot of upper body work, if you do overs could be better for you but not everyone can get overs and get a natural look. I had to have unders as i started very flat, if would've got a very fake look with overs plus rippling

xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 5th July 2009, 8:28 pm

nads wrote:
Yes it can cause distortion when you flex you pecs if you have unders, but it sounds like you dont do alot of upper body work, if you do overs could be better for you but not everyone can get overs and get a natural look. I had to have unders as i started very flat, if would've got a very fake look with overs plus rippling

xxx

To be fair, I don't do a lot of upper body work... more cardio and core. It's good to get some clarification though, so thanks for that! I'm going to start researching into consultations now to get a better idea of what's going to be right for my body! x x x
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th July 2009, 8:35 pm

Thats good, make sure you tell the surgeon at the consult about your training and what they recommend. Write down a list of questions because your mind does go blank when you get there and alot of surgeons try and rush through consults in 5 mins, a good one wont and will take as much time as you need to go through everything. My first consult with my ps was 45 mins and he covered everything, answered questions, i tried on implants and he measured my bwd. You'll pick up loads reading and posting on here hun x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 5th July 2009, 8:40 pm

Yeah I will start getting together a list of questions and will defo be printing that one RoxyChick posted on another thread... Can I ask if your experiences of these consultations have been quite pushy in a sales-related way?
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th July 2009, 8:45 pm

Not mine personally, no and if they were pushy i would've run a mile because i hate that sort of thing anyway lol. I researched my surgeon alot before i went on a consultation with him. I went through mybreast so i could get a BA with my surgeon nearly £2k cheaper and you only see your surgeon with mb which suited me. Have a read through the Surgeons&Clinics forum x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 5th July 2009, 8:47 pm

Thanks Nads, I will have a look now xXx
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 5th July 2009, 9:05 pm

Hi Kellie

I had round unders because I was very flat. I love to exercise, running, martial arts, badminton etc. I find that all these things are fine as long as I wear a good sports bra. Some things do distort the breast, but only when you use the muscles in a certain way.

I'm glad I had unders because I know I would have had rippling if I had overs.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 5th July 2009, 9:10 pm

Thanks so much for your response Maria! I do worry about rippling which is another reason I'd rather opt for unders... i suppose it's all about weighing up the pro's and the con's with each option...

xxx
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th July 2009, 9:10 pm

What are your stats, kellie?
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 5th July 2009, 9:14 pm

I am a 34 b (well that's the bra size I wear anyway) - have very little volume... all the goods are at the bottom of my breasts! I am 5'8" tall, I weigh 9st 7lb and am a size 10 in most things although some tops I take an 8 in... I think my ribcage is 29" xxx
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 5th July 2009, 9:15 pm

Lost my tape measure so did it with my phone charger cable and a ruler Hysterical
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th July 2009, 9:17 pm

Hysterical Love it, have you been measured professionally?
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 5th July 2009, 9:20 pm

No I haven't... I am going to pop into La Senza/M&S on my lunchbreak tomorrow and get measured properly as it's about time i knew!
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th July 2009, 9:33 pm

Yeah good idea, just so you know and can compare after your op as alot of girls didnt know their true size pre op x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bock 6th July 2009, 10:03 am

i think as long as you allow yourself to heal properly and then ease yourself very slowly back into it you'll be ok. one of my clients had unders as she's in her 40s and i get her doing pressups/weights and running which she didn't want to do a good 8 or 9 maybe even 10 weeks post op, she came back 6 weeks post op but it just took her a few weeks of training her 3 days a week before she felt comfortable doing any kind of chest exercise.

I'm 21 and trained very hard both weights and intense cardio 5-6 times a week pre-op - they were overs and i'm 4 weeks post op today, i also had liposuction of my pubis and abdomen which inhibited the rate in which i got back into training because of friction.

Since the beginning of last week(week3) i've been walking on a slight incline and this week i feel i'm ready for cross-trainer WITHOUT arms. I can still feel my implants moving if i step down on the treadmill too heavily so i'm taking it slow and gentle.

So i would say after having a good chat with your surgeon, it's really down to how you feel and what you feel ready for without over doing it.
In my first 2 weeks PO I could feel my implants bubbling everytime i used my arms (which was quite a lot as my abs were shot from the lipo so couldn't lift myself from a chair or roll out of bed) that has now stopped and I have had to demonstrate a press up or two over the last week and I didn't feel a thing but I have no idea what a set of say 12-15 would feel like..probably not very nice-don't really want to find out lol
bock
bock
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1910

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 6th July 2009, 12:23 pm

Hi

I don't use the gym but I walk every day, dance twice a week and do pilates once a week.

I started back at pilates after about 8 weeks...I'm now almost 5 months po and I still have to take it easy doing certain things, and I'm still not fond of press-ups. I always take the easy option and do them on my knees as I don't want to risk harming my boobies!

I only started dancing last month but I never notice any probs with that and it's quite energetic.

I had anatomical unders as I was too flat for overs and wanted a natural look - my chest was really boney and I would definitely have had rippling and the VB look. So it was perfect for me.

Good luck with your quest for boobs!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 6th July 2009, 12:40 pm

Im having anatomicals and my surgeon said he has never had rotation happen in the history of his career or knows of no other surgeon who has ever had the complaint that the implants have rotated.

Logicly, he said he dosnt see how they can rotate unless the pocket has been cut way to big, and the implant is to small for the preson, they are also bottom heavy so dosnt see how gravity can make something rotate if they are heavier at the bottom. In addition to this they are textured, he feels that it would have to be a surgeon who dosnt have a clue what hes doing for this to happen.

Like you, I exercise a lot, and was told no running or upper body work strictly for 6 weeks. When I mentioned distortion when doing weights e.c.t, (im having partials) he said that as they are partials there is a really low risk but its barely even noticable, and noone had complained to him about this- infact he really didnt understand what i meant by distortion, so I dont think its anything hes had to deal with before.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 6th July 2009, 1:13 pm

Thanks for your replies girls - a great insight... Dbs, can I ask what surgeon you are having for your op?

xxx
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 6th July 2009, 2:09 pm

Hi Kellie I have pmed you hun xx
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 6th July 2009, 3:03 pm

If you look under the girl's profile picture they have their surgery details and most put which surgeon they have had Kellie x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kellie 6th July 2009, 3:51 pm

So not on this planet today! Shocked
Thanks again for pointing that out xxx
kellie
kellie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down