Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The tapes are off!!!

+3
Princessgem
mrsball
MrsCheese
7 posters

Go down

The tapes are off!!! Empty The tapes are off!!!

Post by MrsCheese 7th April 2014, 8:11 pm

Well it's three weeks today since I had my op and today was the day I could take off my tapes! I was dreading it to be honest as I was nervous what the incisions would look like. Anyway I have taken them off, given them a little clean and applied some e45 cream as my surgeon told me to. I am so so please with how they look, they are neat and look to be healing well. The most irritation to my skin seems to be from the big plaster! Well I am so glad to see the back of that dirty tape and have now replaced it with some lovely new thin and clean tape. Extremely happy except for all the spots I have on my chest!

Xxx
 Stars  Stars  Stars
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 381

Back to top Go down

The tapes are off!!! Empty Re: The tapes are off!!!

Post by mrsball 7th April 2014, 8:23 pm

Glad the old tapes off, but it does seem a bit soon to be putting e45 cream on your incisions ! It's just at that stage your incisions won't be fully healed and any water, cream etc could possibly cause an infection. X

If that's the advise you've been given then follow it just seems quite son that's all x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 7th April 2014, 8:33 pm

Wahoo! I thought tapes came off sooner than 3 weeks will I still have mine on at my 7 day post op appt Wednesday?  Drool
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 7th April 2014, 8:44 pm

So pleased for you babe that you could take your tapes off. 

Princess, mine were taken off at my one week check up and the end of the stitches snipped off and then the nurse put fresh tapes on for another week. I asked her if I could take a pic before she put the new ones on which was good. Xx
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1418

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 7th April 2014, 8:47 pm

LuciaH wrote:So pleased for you babe that you could take your tapes off. 

Princess, mine were taken off at my one week check up and the end of the stitches snipped off and then the nurse put fresh tapes on for another week. I asked her if I could take a pic before she put the new ones on which was good. Xx
Lovely so will I be able to shower Wednesday night? Will I go home in my macom ? xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by B'sboobs 7th April 2014, 8:55 pm

My dressing were changed at my one week appointment and I was given larger dressings to put on top of the new ones so that I could shower then remove the larger dressings! At my 2 week appointment dressing were taken off and I was given a roll of tape so that I could put clean dry tape on after a shower. My incisions are looking so neat, I'm really pleased x
B'sboobs
B'sboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 7th April 2014, 9:07 pm

Princessgem wrote:

Lovely so will I be able to shower Wednesday night? Will I go home in my macom ? xxx
I should have had a 1 week apt but I had mine at 10 days as I could not get a lift to my apt at 7 days, and she gave me a stack of dressings to change at home and said I was allowed to shower with my dressings on, and when I got out of the shower I was to take them off and dry the incisions with a cool hair dryer and then out the new dressings on after. My Macom was out on me in the hospital by my nurse straight after my op and I had a thinner band over the tops of my boobs (still have it on!). Hopefully you will be allowed your Macom on when you have your apt. Xx
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 7th April 2014, 9:10 pm

LuciaH wrote:
Princessgem wrote:

I should have had a 1 week apt but I had mine at 10 days as I could not get a lift to my apt at 7 days, and she gave me a stack of dressings to change at home and said I was allowed to shower with my dressings on, and when I got out of the shower I was to take them off and dry the incisions with a cool hair dryer and then out the new dressings on after. My Macom was out on me in the hospital by my nurse straight after my op and I had a thinner band over the tops of my boobs (still have it on!). Hopefully you will be allowed your Macom on when you have your apt. Xx
Ooft not quite as straight forward as I thought :) I won't get my hopes up too high then xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 7th April 2014, 9:12 pm

It was not too bad, it was just lovely to be able to have a proper shower. Changing the dressings yourself is no bother at all, and it was fab to be able to see them and take photos for my memory diary. Xx
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 7th April 2014, 9:13 pm

My surgeons is very strict about not touching the tape for three weeks lol! It's kind of his thing I think. It said about the moisturiser in the post op instructions he gave me , and he also gave me a tutorial on it lol. I hope I don't get an infection from it, as I will give him a right telling off! 
Just feel so much cleaner now x
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 7th April 2014, 9:17 pm

Lol at your surgeon giving you a tutorial on how to apply cream. 

Don't worry about the spots on your chest either, I had them for a while but they have gone now. 

So pleased for you. Xx
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 7th April 2014, 9:19 pm

So you've put e45 on then more tape on over the top?! 

Honestly that sounds very odd, as no moisture should be near inscions and especially being retained inside tape.!  shrug
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 8th April 2014, 6:39 am

Glad your tapes off. Each surgeon is so different.

I ended up with boob acne!! 
It's taken weeks to get rid of x
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th April 2014, 8:05 am

Great news, though Im a little concerned like MrsB, does sound odd to be taping the cream in...but if that's what your surgeon has said.  shrug 

Everyones instructions will be different. I had full dressings for a week, no showers. Then at my 1wk check all dressings came off, she re-taped them only and I was told I can shower with the tapes on, then change the tapes after. It was terrifying the first time I got hubs to change them, especially after the shower debacle ("Im not being stupid, theyre going to fall out!"  Blush ) Then at 2wks boom, no tapes. I wasn't allowed to moisturise the scars until 4wk though.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 8th April 2014, 8:54 am

I know I was terrified doing it! My hubby helped me and it was like a military operation. I have checked the guidance a hundred times, extreme paranoia, and it does say massage the wound / scar with a simple moisturiser. Then once that is absorbed put fresh tape on - perhaps I described it wrong before.
I hope it's ok? I don't like touching that area at all to be honest, I have visions of it bursting open lol. It does look quite well healed though.
Xx
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 8th April 2014, 9:52 am

Hun you do t have to be putting creams or massaging at all just yet if you don't feel comfortable doing it. Some ladies can't bear to touch their scars for weeks and months after. 

The scars don't need to be massaged or creamed until 6-12 anyhow x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th April 2014, 10:22 am

I couldn't bear to massage mine to be honest, it made me feel so queasy. Used the Tamanu after 4wk to help with the dry skin, but that's all. If you're not happy doing it, don't.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 8th April 2014, 10:56 am

Thanks for the support that's good to know
Xx
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down