Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post op bruising

+3
LuciaH
tinkerbell24
kdeee
7 posters

Go down

Post op bruising Empty Post op bruising

Post by kdeee 25th February 2014, 2:32 pm

Hi ladies.
Just wondering how long is it normal for the bruising to stay. I got a spot of hematoma too nearby my incision. Just size of a droplet and generally a lot more bruising around the left boob than the right. The nurse noted this down yesterday too.
I have no major pain, except soreness and they look equal in size.
Also got an email back regards my worry about the incision "lipping" after the shower that I had yesterday. They said to keep an eye on it and if I sport inflammation/discharge (which I luckily don't have) to give them a call.

I've decided not to shower for few more days to allow the scar to granulate over

Any advice regards bruising is greatly appreciated. I will shortly update my picture trail too xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post op bruising Empty Re: Post op bruising

Post by kdeee 25th February 2014, 2:37 pm

Just updated my picture trail too
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 25th February 2014, 3:10 pm

I was bruised for weeks, not a joke everytime some bruising disappeaered more would come

i shall go have a peek at trail xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 25th February 2014, 3:13 pm

just had a wee look

thats minimal bruising

I was black all round my back and sides and under the crease

it will go soon

loooking good xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 25th February 2014, 3:19 pm

Thank you Tink. I guess I'm worrying for nothing. I had these weird sensation in my boob on the left last week where the dark bruising is now coming out- it felt like a stone/pressure when I was leaning forward or moving my arms. I since have looked on internet and have so scared myself with hematoma that I have cancelled all my work for tomorrow- was only supposed to be doing 4 hours but will put it back for a day xxx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 25th February 2014, 3:21 pm

The bruising doesn't look bad at all babe, and the boobies are looking fab. xx
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1418

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 25th February 2014, 3:34 pm

I was bruised for at least 3wks. We're all different. I don't think the arnica did the slightest bit o good either if Im honest.

Sexy shades of green and yellow to come!!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 25th February 2014, 3:43 pm

you will know if you have a bleed when they thought that I had ine the side they thought it was on was HUGE and very red and angry looking

but you will get there it just takes time

the arnica done me no good either charlii xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 25th February 2014, 3:48 pm

Thank you ladies. Once again- what would  I do without you all here group hug 

I think I would turn into a panicking lunatic (my OH thinks I'm crazy since I panicked about the incisions yesterday)... I can easily get worked up about things. I should know better really. 
Just got another email back from the clinic saying that my bruising is nothing to worry about and it should go in good time and was told to pop in at any time I need reassurance. I am proper wobbly some days  :doh: 
Maybe I should try to do some work tomorrow? I have 4 patients to see (that I currently asked to be covered but I can reverse it) and I can adjust my treatment techniques to the lightest possible. No harder than making cups of tea and washing up I guess, which I have been doing since day 1...
What do you think? xxx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 25th February 2014, 3:49 pm

what is it that you do again xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 25th February 2014, 3:58 pm

I'm an osteopath... Can be quite physical but I am not doing much manipulation best of times and choose kinder techniques on patients. Also do acupuncture - nice and easy ;)
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 25th February 2014, 4:04 pm

I LOVE acupunture, I had it a few times to help with sciatica and was very nervous but OMG it was brill

can you maybe give yourself until the end of the week to go back then you know that your going to have healed so much more xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 25th February 2014, 4:13 pm

I love acupuncture too- works so well.
I will see how I feel tomorrow-luckily I have got a back up plan should I need it. 
I can get away with mainly doing acupuncture and taping tomorrow, which won't take any effort from me. 

Gosh- I never realised how emotional this post BA time was going to be. One moment I'm on cloud 9 and the other moment I worry about silly little things and scare myself over nothing xxx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kt402 25th February 2014, 6:49 pm

My bruising came out about day 4 and I had it for at least 3 or 4 weeks, but of course it depends on how your body heals!! 

Mine was yellowy bruising which is normal. 

If you are worried or if the bruising is very dark or painful then I would call your clinic

Good luck xx
Kt402
Kt402
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 25th February 2014, 7:05 pm

Looked at your pics. If they were worried they would have glued it or something. Your boobs look fab hun x
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 25th February 2014, 7:47 pm

I'm really sorry to hear your bruised, babe! I'm afraid I can't offer any advice as I had no bruising whatsoever. However, I would just like to wish you the best of luck and I hope it's nothing too serious or painful.
I hope you're okay :) xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 25th February 2014, 8:25 pm

Haha, wait until you've had a paddy fit in the bathroom like a 2yr old because a bit of the scab wouldn't heal and it hurt, but you're too scared to pull it out because you're convinced it will rip and tear all the scarring and your implant will fall out so you sit on the floor bawling your eyes out, and it was nothing in the end...then come back and claim you're a panicking looney!!

Personally I think you should give work a miss, if you've got cover, don't worry. Its so easy to think you're back up to doing things, then you do yourself a mischief. Its really not worth it just yet.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 25th February 2014, 8:32 pm

Thank you ladies. The bruising is not severe- it's yellowish colour and tiny spots of dark purple on left. The clinic wasn't concerned about the bruising when I emailed them the picture. Regards the tiny bit of lipping on the incision I was weary of- they said the keep an eye on it and if there's signs of infection to go in. Luckily there is no more redness or no discharge so it will scab over.
My leftie is aching quite a lot (not unbearable but noticeable as right is fine)- maybe it's psychosomatic: now I now there's lots of bruising I feel it more...

Charliii - I was just about to say I'm proper looney. Just turning paranoid I guess  Screwy Just want everything to heal well and on the slightest of twinge or visible crease in the skin that's left by the pads I'm wearing- I worry about them all ... Screwy 
I've been given pads to wear between bra and incisions. I will also hold back on showering and getting those incisions wet for my peace of mind.
And will hold back on work too xxx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 25th February 2014, 9:10 pm

It's so great that you're doing everything you can to maximise your healing! :) You really do treat your implants like they're bags of gold haha. I'm exactly the same, babe, and it's natural for you to be concerned and paranoid. I'm glad the clinic haven't said your bruising is anything out of the ordinary :) Carry on taking is easy and I'm sure it will pass.
Good luck, honey xxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down