Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After effects of GA... feeling rough as old boots!

+5
LJK
Jemmy
pinkbabe
nads
*Sally*
9 posters

Go down

After effects of GA... feeling rough as old boots! Empty After effects of GA... feeling rough as old boots!

Post by *Sally* 9th July 2009, 11:46 am

I've spent the last two days in bed as I just feel so unwell. I've been tearful, hot/cold, achey flu like symptons and a dreadful headache that just isn't going away with painkillers. My mum reckons its due to the GA and probably doesn't help that I had two so close together. I just feel so lethargic and lazy.

Guess I'm just having a moan really but wondered as well if anyone has any tips on how to get through it and how longs its likely to last? I'm up in London tomorrow to see my ps for my first post op check so I have to get myself moving tomorrow for sure!

Sal xx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

After effects of GA... feeling rough as old boots! Empty Re: After effects of GA... feeling rough as old boots!

Post by nads 9th July 2009, 11:53 am

I dont think the feverish flu symptoms are GA hun, i think you may have caught a virus or something because of being a big run down maybe. The emotional bit may be a mixture of GA and feeling awful hun. Take it easy, maybe some lemsip would help x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

After effects of GA... feeling rough as old boots! Empty Re: After effects of GA... feeling rough as old boots!

Post by pinkbabe 9th July 2009, 11:55 am

I've been feel mega rough since mine last friday. I have hardly eaten cos I feel sick all the time and have been sick a few times aswell, although I'm not sure if the meds could be causing some of it aswell. I dont think the not being able to wash properly helps either makes me feel more yucky!! Plus I keep waking up in the night feeling sick/with back pain so thats not helping.

I think the best thing to do is just take it easy, drink lots of water and if you can manage it try eating lots of fruit and veg. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th July 2009, 11:56 am

Have been trying to drink lots of water and white tea to flush out my system. Best leave the lemsip till this afternoon as I don't want to OD on paracetamol but thanks for the tip. Hug
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th July 2009, 12:00 pm

sorry to hear you're not feeling too good either pinkbabe. I was given Tramadol for the pain which totally kills my appetite although have not had the sicky feeling thank goodness. That's just the worst. I don't think I could take it more easy if I tried. The only times I got out of my bed yesterday were to do the school run and the same today. Dr Lurve
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th July 2009, 12:00 pm

:lol: Best wait then hun hehe, hope you feel better soon x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th July 2009, 12:25 pm

yes that would just be adding to the problem methinks!! :lol:

thanks Poppet. Am taking it very easy propped up in bed with my dog Molly snuggled up next to me and of course all you lovely ladies to keep me company.... the most work I'm doing is typing! I could get used to this (without the yucky headache of course)
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th July 2009, 12:28 pm

Awww sounds lovely, im the same but have my cat here hehe! x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 9th July 2009, 12:44 pm

Awwww sorry to hear a few of you are having bit of a rough time. But there is some good to come out of it though .... New boobies
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th July 2009, 1:11 pm

lol yep and lots of time to admire them too!! Not long for you now Jem xx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 9th July 2009, 1:27 pm

Hope you feel better soon x
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th July 2009, 1:47 pm

Thanks LJK. Just managed to get up and hang a load of washing out and feel pooped! Back to bed for me.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 9th July 2009, 1:53 pm

Keep resting and listen to your body,- if it feels like its too much, then give in to it.

I've got my feet up too, although i do feel a bit bored. Next week when i'm at work, i'll probably be thinking 'wish i was at home with my feet up'!

Take Care x
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 9th July 2009, 1:54 pm

Av a good rest Hun x
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th July 2009, 2:42 pm

LJK wrote:Keep resting and listen to your body,- if it feels like its too much, then give in to it.

I've got my feet up too, although i do feel a bit bored. Next week when i'm at work, i'll probably be thinking 'wish i was at home with my feet up'!

Take Care x

oh yea for sure! i have to admit to rather enjoying being bored as it so rarely happens ... does that make sense?!
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 9th July 2009, 2:52 pm

Sorry to hear your feeling rough ladies. Rest up and take it easy!! Plenty of water to flush it out xxxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 9th July 2009, 4:26 pm

As the girlies have said, rest rest rest! I'm sure you'll feel better in no time, it's probably your body relaxing after all the stress of the op etc.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 9th July 2009, 5:48 pm

Hi Sally!!

Sorry you are feeling 'out of sorts' As your mum has said the G.A. and meds build up and normally take a good ten days two weeks to get out of the system.

Like the other girls have said, rest, plenty water and fresh fruit veg etc. also little walks even around the house...just dont look in messy cupboards...they make you feel worse Hysterical

But, 'Tramadol' is an "opiate'' based med. which is pretty strong and 'zonks' you, and can produce the other symtoms you describe too...have a read on the leaflet. I had them prescribed too...after a day I binned them.....thought I was hullucinating Rolling Eyes
I swapped to parecetamol. Take it easy and flush it out!!!xxxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 9th July 2009, 5:55 pm

Aw sorry your feeling rubbish hun, the GA does take it out of you i felt really lethargic for a good 2 weeks like the others have said rest, water to flush it out and fresh fruit and veg should do the trick.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th July 2009, 8:37 pm

Ah thanks for all your lovely messages girls. Have been drinking lots of water but if all else fails I'm booked for a colonic next week which will definitely get the last of it out of my system.

I think your right Mia about the build up of meds. I have a really high tolerance level and it generally takes more to knock me out than most people for some reason. When I had my dental work done before my ba the anaesthetist told me afterwards he'd never given anyone the amount of diazapam intravenously that he had to give me to put me to sleep - even men over twice the size of me!! Screwy

Going to try and sleep now. Nite nite girls. See you all tomorrow.

Lots of love

sally xxx Hug
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th July 2009, 8:42 pm

Hope you feel better tomorrow hun x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 9th July 2009, 8:54 pm

Aw!! night night Sally!!

Hope you feel brighter tomorrow for your appointment!!

Take care and all the best!!! Give You xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down