Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Normal for Hospital to confirm surgery?

4 posters

Go down

Normal for Hospital to confirm surgery? Empty Normal for Hospital to confirm surgery?

Post by kati1236 30th January 2014, 12:59 pm

I phoned my surgery clinic today as they said it needed to be confirmed. My surgeon said it be last in the morning of the 15th.

When I phoned they said it is booked with my surgeon but that it is actually the hospital that confirms it is ok. She also said that they would confirm usually around 1 week before my date.
Isn't that a bit late notice, in case it it's ok, and I've arranged a hotel and such for my mum to stay at etc..

It's the Rosshall hospital i'll be attending in Glasgow.

Basically I don't deal with my clinic again as the hospital do the pre op appointments (which I was told I could do over the phone as I live 2.5hrs away from the hospital) and then I go for surgery..

Haven't received any paper work other than receipt of my deposit I paid at my consultation.
Apart from the info on here which has been so valuable (example, no garlic, no supplements and so) I haven't receieved any other information. They haven't told me to stop doing anything or when I stop eating and drinking etc before surgery...

Bad communication or normal..?

Thanks girlies xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Normal for Hospital to confirm surgery? Empty Re: Normal for Hospital to confirm surgery?

Post by COOKIE 30th January 2014, 1:17 pm

Its the norm for the hospital to call with your admission hun. And yes a week prior is VERY normal. My first op I was told 3 days prior to surgery when to come in! So this is how it works for us all babe.

If you have any health conditions then you will have to attend a pre-op. There's no getting around that. Its for YOUR safety to ensure the meds and anaesthesia you're getting are right for YOU. So the drive when you think of it that way isn't too long at all is it hun. Your health always comes first.

If you've no health problems and you're not taking any regular ongoing medication then you'll be likely to have the pre-op over the phone as you've been told. This is normal for some clinics to do this IF the patient is fit and healthy with no medical conditions.

All your pre-op information will be given to you when you have your pre-op so don't worry babe. You'll be well looked after and everything you've been told IS the norm. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Normal for Hospital to confirm surgery? Empty Re: Normal for Hospital to confirm surgery?

Post by krizzooo1 30th January 2014, 1:19 pm

My Surgeon wrote to me with all the do/don'ts.........

In his letter it said that the hospital would be in touch to confirm admission details....

So yes I think it is fairly normal procedure.... The hospital wrote to me about 2 weeks before and then I had my pre -op at the hospital (mrsa swab and health questionnaire)

Don't worry lovely

xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 30th January 2014, 1:29 pm

Ah ok, glad that this is normal... I was getting worried!

I shall go ahead and book my mum's hotel stay so she doesn't have to drive home and then back the next day to pick me up :)

I'm not on any medication and no health issues which is why the surgeon said it should be able to be done over the phone. Glad I have you girls to keep me right as I haven't a clue about any of this till I found this forum :)

Thanks again girls xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 30th January 2014, 2:01 pm

You are welcome, as for your mums hotel. Some allow changes to your booking right up until 24 hours before...worth asking the hotel perhaps. Just for your peace of mind......

But yes all normal, you will be fine hun, watching the letter box for the next couple weeks then.... xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 30th January 2014, 2:35 pm

Yes I will be.. I have just over 2 weeks to go so hopefully confirmation will come next week through the post :) then I will start to get really nervous as it'll sink in that it's REALLY HAPPENING!! still feels a little surreal at the moment..

I will check on the hotel when I phone them later, if changes can be made, and if so, up until what point.
xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th January 2014, 3:39 pm

Rosshall is an amazing hospital I had my first BA done there and my room looked out on the park and lake and had patio doors onto a wee balcony, was great and the day after my surgery was a beautifiul crisp, frosty winters morning so I opened the patio doors and sat on the balcony and drank my coffee lol was
lovely

I got a call the mon and my op was the Sat xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down