Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consultations.

+3
tigertonix
COOKIE
LuciaH
7 posters

Go down

Consultations.  Empty Consultations.

Post by LuciaH 24th January 2014, 6:45 pm

Well ladies, I had my first consultation on Wednesday with Surgicare and Mr. Mileto, he spent most of the appointment looking and playing on his laptop while talking to me.  He then showed me some before and after photos of A/B to D/DD, and ran through everything so quickly. He suggested 445CC in my right and 425CC in my left due to a very small difference (due to feeding my girls both more from my right boob!) and also suggested natrelle round unders.  I did not feel totally relaxed or at ease with him and I felt a bit like I was just another boob.  The prices I was quoted I was happy with but came away abit miffed from the surgeon.

Today I had a consultation with Mr. Michael Payne, and WOW what a totally different experience.  From the minute I walked in he made me feel like I was the only patient in the world, and totally relaxed and shared a few jokes. He said 445cc in both breasts, Natrelle rounds too, but also said even though I have a difference in my breasts it is so very small when he measured me that he would not need to put in different sizes. He went through so much more than Mileto did and I was in there with him for ages.  He asked me if I had any questions to which I produced a 2 page list of questions, to which he said no problem and took the list and went through every question even though he had answered most of them already.  I found him to be amazing and I would be really happy to book my procedure with him, but I have one more booked through MyBreast on the 6th February first before I make my ultimate decision.

When it comes to prices, is anyone aware if the hospital group will haggle on the price at all?
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1418

Back to top Go down

Consultations.  Empty Re: Consultations.

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2014, 6:53 pm

You're being very sensible in having a few consultations Lucia. Its so, so important that you do feel 100% confident in both the surgeons ability and assurance that should you have a problem this is a surgeon you can trust.

The hospital group do haggle hun, but what I would say Lucia is to put thoughts on price completely out of your mind when seeing surgeons. You simply can't put a price on your body, so focus on the surgeons for now babe and then when you feel 100% positive with your choice, if they're working from a clinic that haggles! then by all means go for it hun  :ok:  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 24th January 2014, 6:57 pm

That's fantastic that you went to your second consultation and came away so much happier! At the end of the day you're a person and you want to be treated as you! ..Not another boob!
Your second consultation sounded a lot like mine was! My surgeon treated me as me and shared his own thoughts on what I should have and also let me ask any questions I felt necessary to ask! I'm very happy for you, babe! Well done for being picky about surgeons because you're paying an extreme amount of money and you definitely want to pick the best!!
I'm not sure what The Hospital Group charge, babe, I've only ever been to consultations at Transform with Mr. Mahdi :)
Good luck with your future consultations and a massive good luck for when you actually have your op! Xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 24th January 2014, 8:02 pm

Excellent news! You really do need them to take their time and make you feel like you're their top priority. Im glad you came away feeling much better.

THG...well, the do 'haggle'...but beware they'll be sneaky about it, hiding things as if theyre doing you a favour. "Oh well we could knock £500 if you don't use the transport" - that's standard, not a discount, if you don't want transport. If you've been quoted elsewhere, you can use this too. But like Cookie says, don't think about the price, you cant put a price on your health. I went with THG and had a very pleasant experience right from the start.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 24th January 2014, 9:30 pm

Thanks ladies for your advice, my main concern is finding the correct surgeon for me like you say and then I will worry about trying to get the price down a little.  One thing that Mr. Payne mentioned and showed me today was a new type of implant, which was called Motiva.  It was a smooth implant and was 100% filled and very soft and had a memory to it in its shape (if that makes sense?) he said that he understands that people are concerned about implants especially after the PIP disaster but he said he is quite excited about this one.  Has anyone heard of these Motiva implants or had them? with price they are the same as Natrelle.
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2014, 10:39 pm

Motiva are a relatively new implant and are a 5th generation implant so will have a lessened risk of CC. They will have a textured surface (we don't use the smooth in the UK, they're generally only used with saline).

I actually dunno enough about this implant to compare with the Natrelle Soft Touch, which is Natrelles 5th generation implant, again, lower CC rates and rippling rates with a textured surface.

You'd have to check the stats for complication rates between the two hun.

But asking without having looked, I KNOW Allergan to have an excellent reputation and if the two, the Soft Touch would be 'my personal choice' but only because I know Allergan to be a manufacturer if trust, but like I said, I don't know a lot about the Motiva which I will research more on, but for now it would be be the Soft touch.

But you go with what you feel is right for 'you' Lucia after your own research hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 25th January 2014, 11:02 am

Thanks Cookie, your a real diamond. When I had a look and feel of the Motiva it looks good and what I have read it seems quite promising, but not really sure I want to be one of the first and be a bit of a guinea pig. I will have a look around and try to research them a bit more before making my final decision On what I go for. Xx
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 25th January 2014, 11:05 am

Hiya  wavey ,
Ravenxwaves has the Motiva implants , she could maybe advise you on these? XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 6th February 2014, 11:37 pm

Well, I had my consultation with Mybreast this evening. Appointment was for 7:15pm. Letter said to arrive 10 mins early for registration, so we arrive at 7:05pm. We don't get called in until 7:50pm with no apology for being them being late. Saw the nurse first who checked my weight and height and worked out my BMI and we had a laugh and joke with her. For taken through to see the surgeon who Shook my hand and said hello but seemed really off. He asked me what I wanted and then asked to see my boobs. He was very thorough in measuring and said I have. Bwd of 15, (not sure if this is good or not?). He then sat me down and explained the procedure and the risks etc, and showed me photos of rippling and boob jobs gone wrong! He then explained that Mybreast use nagor implants but could only show me natrelle ones as that's all he had there. He said he would do moderate profile and would place them over the muscle rather than under and that he uses drains so I could not be a day case (which is gutting as I only live 5 miles from the hospital). He said I would need to go back for a second consultation to discuss sizes of implants and he would only give me a guide as he would decide in theatre about actual size as to what he thinks looks best. He then asked if I had any questions, to which I pulled out my 2 page list and gave it to him, to which he asked me where I had stolen the list from!! I told him that this was my list of questions that I have complied from lots of research, to which he then perked up and started being nice! He even asked me if he could have my list so he can use it for his FAQ section on his website! 

All in all I am not convinced. Out of a of my consultations mr. Payne at the hospital group was the best one, I gelled with him much more than the others. 

Going to speak to the hospital group tomorrow about booking.
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 7th February 2014, 7:32 am

Go for the one u felt comfortable with. But also research him online. 
As for haggling I'd go down the root of your cheapest quote etc. Good luck x
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 7th February 2014, 8:15 am

Thanks Hun, I have some lots of research on Mr. Payne, and I did feel really confortable with him. Just waiting for the Pcc to get back to me today with the available dates in April. Xx
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 7th February 2014, 9:54 am

So exciting!!!! Xxx
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 7th February 2014, 10:16 am

Fantastic news LuciaH, let us know if you get the date - excited for you!!  dance

xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 882

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down