Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs Kat, Douglas McGeorge and...?

+9
Seashell72
Boney1992
Prettylil
Newbieboobie
COOKIE
mirren001
Gleaming
mrsball
Ella88
13 posters

Go down

Mrs Kat, Douglas McGeorge and...? Empty Mrs Kat, Douglas McGeorge and...?

Post by Ella88 16th January 2014, 1:15 pm

Hey Ladies! Wanting a bit of advice. I'm hoping to have my BA in the early summer, as I'm still studying, and hoping to get my first consultations around easter, during the uni holidays. I've done quite a lot of research, and read loads on here, and think I've decided on consultations with Mrs Kat and Douglas McGeorge, both through Spire, as I've read really god things about both of them and about Spire. I'd quite like to get a consultation with another company as well though, just so I know what's out there (my only consultations so far have been 3 NHS ones). Just wondering where/who else is good? I definitely want a BAAPS surgeon and good aftercare, and travel isn't too much of an issue (I live in Yorkshire in term and in the south east for the rest of the year, so as long as it's not scotland or waaay out on the south west coast, most places are within an hour or two's drive). Thanks! x
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Mrs Kat, Douglas McGeorge and...? Empty Re: Mrs Kat, Douglas McGeorge and...?

Post by mrsball 16th January 2014, 2:11 pm

Hi and welcome we've had quite a few ladies who've had and will be having Bas ms kat and mr mcgeorge who I'm sure will be along soon to offer more advise on these surgeons x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 16th January 2014, 2:22 pm

Hi hun, the best thing to do is to go see any surgeons you are interested and see what they offer you and how you feel about them. A great surgeon for one person may not feel like such a great surgeon for another person. Hopefully when you find the one you'll know :) good luck xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 16th January 2014, 2:25 pm

Hi,
The 2 surgeons you have mentioned are a good choice to be having consultations with , like you I have only heard good thing about them.In BAAPS & BAPRAS surgeons you are going to get the best qualified surgeons for your surgery, as well as Spire ,BMI only use these these surgeons too ,so you could try there for other consultations.
It is also possible that if you liked any of the NHS surgeons you have seen that they too may operate at a private hospital ,so you may also want to consider this.
Hopefully some of the ladies nearer to where you are will be along shortly to offer some more advice/ recommendations . Good luck XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th January 2014, 2:36 pm

Ooooo you have done your homework haven't you Ella! Two of the best surgeons on the UK right there! Both have exceptional reputations  yes 

When seeing these surgeons do ask about. The ASC insurance. This was project was actually led by Douglas McGeorge (he's my fav, I call him Douggie McGod  Heart ) lol and if a surgeon has opted into ASC which is only open to BAAPS surgeons, for a small fee (around £150-£200) you get yourself a further 2 years full cover aftercare that starts 'after' the clinics aftercare runs out. So... With Spire, they offer one years aftercare. Use that in addition to the ASC you then get 3 years which really good Ella. 

You find BAAPS surgeon working in your area through the BAAPS website HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbieboobie 16th January 2014, 3:30 pm

Hi I know people who have gone with Mrs.Kat and are very pleased with the results, I couldn't decide between her or Mr.Titley both at the same spire hospital but in the end I went with Mr.Titley purely because of his reputation. I think Mrs.Kat favours the polyurethane which is what I had in fact I'm sure I've heard that she uses them exclusively, apologies if this is wrong, but you won't go far wrong both with Spire and Mrs.Kat. Oh and just to mention I paid £130 consultation fee which is NOT refunded or taken off the final cost of surgery as I think others have mentioned that it was. Xx
Newbieboobie
Newbieboobie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th January 2014, 3:45 pm

Yup, Mrs Kat does use the polyeurothane, as does Douglas McGeorge too  yes 

Did you ask about getting the fee back noobieboobie? We have had ladies here who have had the cost deducted from the overall price. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbieboobie 16th January 2014, 3:54 pm

Hi yes I specifically asked at the original meeting with the nurse and it was a definite no. I was surprised but was told that was the case whether I chose Mrs.Kat or Mr.Titley. Having said that I certainly wouldn't let it put anyone off because both surgeons and Spire are worth it, and more in my opinion xx
Newbieboobie
Newbieboobie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettylil 16th January 2014, 3:59 pm

Hiya!!!

WOZA!!! well done Ella - truly - 2 of the best!!!!

I had mine with Spires - Mr Jag Chana - amazing one too!!!

Spires dont have consultation fees deducted, that's the standard - but you could ask..

I did get mine off though  group hug
Prettylil
Prettylil
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th January 2014, 4:17 pm

Newbieboobie wrote:Hi yes I specifically asked at the original meeting with the nurse and it was a definite no. I was surprised but was told that was the case whether I chose Mrs.Kat or Mr.Titley. Having said that I certainly wouldn't let it put anyone off because both surgeons and Spire are worth it, and more in my opinion xx
Totally agree  yes  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 16th January 2014, 4:20 pm

Hi Ella, I'm booked with McGeorge at the end of March for uplift and BA.

I think I paid £150-£200 for my consultation can't remember now, this price is not deducted from surgery price, but it allows you to see him how many times you want up until surgery!! I loved him straight away, straight to the point, tells you everything you need to know and makes you feel at ease right away.... I trust him 30000%.... I have a friend on here who also went with McGeorge for a BA and her results are amazing, truly fantastic! X x
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella88 16th January 2014, 8:08 pm

Woop! Thanks girls! Getting excited now :-) Think I'm going to book consultations with both and see which one feels right then! x
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 16th January 2014, 8:23 pm

Hiya, I live in peterborough - 40 miles from Cambridge and not far from Yorkshire either - you probably drive right past when travelling from one to the other!! 

I had Mr Charles Malata as my surgeon. I think he consults at the spire Cambridge Lea hospital, Addenbrookes, peterborough city hospital and fitzwilliam hospital. 

I have not found his name on this forum yet. 

He came as a recommendation and is really lovely.  I think in 2010 he was voted by his peers in the top 10 breast plastic surgeons in the uk. 

I got my consultation free (should be £160) as I came through a previous patient of his. 

He may be worth a look if you want another option? 

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella88 16th January 2014, 11:30 pm

Seashell, thanks so much! I live pretty close to peterborough and cambridge, so that's great, I'll definitely add him to the list, just checked his biog out and he looks great :-) x
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 17th January 2014, 9:15 pm

I had Mrs Kat for my BA and uplift.. I had some complications but I had a revision at 6 months free of charge without any hassle.. I love my results and the polyurethane implants. I travelled 2.5 hours to have Mrs Kat... she is doing my tummy tuck for me on Wednesday and tidying up one of my scars on my left breast (again for free!) She is very professional and a lovely woman... its nice to have a female perspective. She does use non polyurethane implants if you prefer but recommends everyone has them... I went with her recommendation and I havent looked back since!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by msc2013 17th January 2014, 9:38 pm

Hi 5stonedown ..
I was going to have the polyurethene implants but had to cancel my BA last minute ... :(  do you mind sharing what complications you had ? xx
msc2013
msc2013
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 17th January 2014, 9:58 pm

I had a BA and uplift... I was given a lollipop lift to try to avoid the full anchor scar but unfortunately it didnt get rid of enough skin and I had what they call 'dog ears' at the base of the scar so I had to go back and have more skin taken away and have the full anchor scar. I am glad we tried it though cos if it had worked I would have had a smaller scar... as least I know I HAD to have the anchor!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella88 18th January 2014, 9:14 am

Thanks 5stone down! And all that was with Spire? Sounds like they defs take care of you :-) How did you find the journey after the op? And did you stay overnight? I think the travel after the op is one of the things I'm most worried about! x
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 18th January 2014, 8:59 pm

Yep all with Spire Parkway in Solihull. They defo took care of me. I stayed for 1 night after first op and 2 after the second and then went home...Had the revision for free and I stayed for 2 nights cos I got really sick after the pain meds after the second op I was kept in for a second night for IV fluids and again I wasnt charged extra. I must admit the journey wasnt great coming home as I felt every bump in the road and I am staying in birmingham for a week following my tummy tuck next week to make it easier on me!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by msc2013 18th January 2014, 9:34 pm

Thanks 5stonedown.. all the best with the tummy op Wednesday !! xx
msc2013
msc2013
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 18th January 2014, 10:00 pm

Thank you xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 18th January 2014, 11:04 pm

Hey 5 stone down, just wanted to wish u luck for nx week. Last night I watched all 3 you tube videos, so great to see your journey. I am taking time off to decide whether I'm 100 percent up for surgery but v interested in mrs kat so got lots from your videos, thanks. You will b looking amazing in no time! Good luck xxx
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 19th January 2014, 9:12 pm

Thank you xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella88 20th January 2014, 9:21 am

That's really useful to know about the journey, thanks! I think it's only about an hour and a half drive for me, but thinking I might stay overnight now! Good luck for the op, sure you'll look fab! x
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 20th January 2014, 10:46 am

All the best with your tummy tuck 5stonedown!

I had Mrs Kat too for my ba and uplift. The woman is a blooming genius! I still can't believe what she has created out of what I had. She is a true perfectionist. I couldn't have been happier with my result. My scars are so neat and I didn't think it would be possible to have these boobies! Spire Solihull was lovely and the nurses were so nice. I can't praise her or the hospital enough. Good luck with your journey! Xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down