Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2days post op

5 posters

Go down

2days post op  Empty 2days post op

Post by misskaren 14th December 2013, 6:33 pm

hey

i am two days post op 415 cc overs at glasgow nuffiled

i am freaking as one boob sorer than the other and scared it is cc - is that possible?

also was hoping to be a d/dd and i feel that are not that big (heard the get smaller once swelling goes down so that means they will be even smaller)

must say though im not as sore i a expected to be. can lift my arms above my head to wash my hair etc

cant wait to see what they look like when the drop - how long does this take....

karenxx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

2days post op  Empty Re: 2days post op

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 6:37 pm

hi hi

remember that we look at this op as 2 seperate ops so it will feel diff in each boob

your 2 days post op and coming into day 3 and this and day 4 are normally the worst

keep on top of pain relief just now and that will help xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th December 2013, 6:38 pm

You've had two seperate operations, it's normal for one to be sorer, it's normally down to one having more trauma during surgery but it's normal so don't worry.

They won't get smaller as such. Yes you will loose the swelling and the upper pole will go down as you heal but in the next 6 months or so you will drop and fill out and it's not uncommon for women to go up a cup size,.. Remember your body isn't used to having these implants... Your chest is holding them very tight but what your seeing now is no way near what you will see in 6 months time... They will change all the time :)
Dropping differs for us all.. Again up to 6 months normally x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 14th December 2013, 6:46 pm

thanks so much ladies - that i really helpful!!!

so day 3 and 4 are worst - omg!! - didnt realise - why is this?  i am maybe starting to do too much too soon then - hate sitting about!

i am on paracetimol, ibrufen, anti b's and tramadol - just feel really tight and left boob sore.

i am taking arinca too.

anything elsse i need to do....
xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 6:49 pm

no you need to rest its really important!!!

some people dont have nad days 3/4 but most find this is when the swelling etc is at the worst, I was told no ibrufen

are you alternating your pain relief like taking paracetamol then 2 hours later the ibrufen then 2 hours after that paracetamol so 4 hours between paracetamol and ibrufen

keep in there it gets better

but please rest xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 14th December 2013, 7:00 pm

im taking all my pills at the same time with breakfast lunch and dinner no breaks between them as such.

no idea why you were told not to take ibrufen after op - nuffield gave me it.  yes it thins blood (like arnica) and you shouldnt take this pre op as it makes you bleed ore but should be ok post op??
xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th December 2013, 7:10 pm

Many surgeons don't like to give ibuprofen Post-op due to as you quite rightly said Karen, it does thin the blood, so some surgeons believe it lowers the risk of big bleed should you have a heamatoma which is a complication some girls have post-op.

I had one myself. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 14th December 2013, 7:11 pm

should i take something instead of ibrufen then??  i am such a worrier!!
xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:16 pm

yeah all surgeons give out diff pain relief and I wasnt given it but thats fine like last time my surgeon didnt give me antibiotics but gave me them this time? never gave me cocodamol last time but did this time lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:16 pm

no no listen to your surgeon cause if you ever do need a reop it can void the aftercare

we all get diff advice to follow xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 14th December 2013, 7:19 pm

it wasnt my surgeon who prescribed drugs it was the doctor who camr round the ward after i came up from theatre.....
xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:23 pm

so did you see your surgeon before you left the hospital? maybe the number you were given a call and double check to keep your wee mind at rest xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 14th December 2013, 7:35 pm

he popped in next morning to see me and said op went well - i didnt ask about what meds i had to take it was just given meds by medical staff on ward and thats it really.....im sure i will be fine - they are the experts - not me!
xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 14th December 2013, 7:38 pm

hi tinkerbell,

i have just looked at my paperwork and there is nothing about the nuffield lifetime promise there (the thing they introduced afetr sept '13) can you let me know how you get on finding ou about what exactly you are covered for with regadr to cc etc as i would like to know myself!

there should be something they can give to us.

thanks
karen
xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:54 pm

I will do, its like am minefield when it comes to aftercare isnt it

but rest up and remember that rest is important xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louise28 14th December 2013, 8:19 pm

Hi MissKaren, I was in Nuffield 5 days ago with a different surgeon, phone Christine in customer services and she'll go through 'The Nuffield Health Promise', we get the paperwork for it once discharged from surgeon at final apt, it's basically just what it says on website that it covers all 'medical issues  related to surgery. Christine will go through it with you.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 8:27 pm

It Christine ive been talking to and a nurse at the Glasgow nuffield and ive been told in a roundabout way completly diff advice, waiting on an email and also the papework coming out to go through it

i was told that they will do a reop if the problem is a health risk and this will be at the surgeons discreation, and CC I know isnt classed as a health risk just haven gone through a reop for it myself 

I just dont get it all cause we all seem to be getting told diff things but when i read it on the website it does say lifetime promise etc but then I call up and they tell me that its only if its a health risk  shrug im confused lol

how are you feeling 5 days on did you get the dreaded 3/4 day swelling lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louise28 14th December 2013, 8:44 pm

Yeah got the swelling, it was horrific. This is all stressing me as one of the reasons I ended up going with Nuffield was the aftercare, are they now coming out same as Transform and full of sh*t, too late for me as have had op, but for pre oppers get everything in writing as the girls advise before op. I did get Christine to email me when I booked to have something in writing and she did put things like cc & rupture, but when I was looking for it the other day to forward it to you and Cookie I can't fecking find it and think I may have deleted it and I stupidly never printed it off at the time. I was planning on addressing it again when I go for straps off on Mon, but that won't really help my now as Cookie said in previous post that I'm post op.
i'll just need to move on from it and if and when such a time were to arise should I need to have any revision i'll deal with it then, in the meantime I can barely cope with my sportsbra dilemma.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 8:59 pm

Loool sports bra dilemma is not good!!

I feel bad that its seeming not to be exactly as they say but i dont want to not tell u all what im.finding out :( 

Like u say IF anything arises that u need to.use aftercare then it can be addressed then and hopefully its all covered 

Now go find a sports bra lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louise28 14th December 2013, 9:12 pm

Thanks Tinks, I really thought I'd done well and was so careful who I chose to go with and I felt clever that I'd got the email etc, honestly I was so chuffed with myself I was  riding on Prettylil's coat tails when she was researching who was under Cookie's wing, even though I'd booked I hadn't paid a penny at that time so I went back and made sure I got something in writing, to be honest if it wasn't for them at that time and this forum I probably wouldn't have even been able to spell aftercare, never mind investigate it thoroughly.
Now I feel like a f*nny coz can't find my email.I'm going to ask to see Christine when I'm in on Mon and ask her to resend it I'm sure she'll remember me coz I was never off the phone, I'd come on here read Prettylil's diary then go back and ask another question without a care in the world of being a pest from hell.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 9:26 pm

Aw dont be silly and dont feel.silly honestly reading their website its so hard to make out the,aftercare and like ive been told if reop is asked for then.its at the surgeon's discretion so if u have trust in ur surgeon and ever needed a reop then it will all come together xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louise28 14th December 2013, 9:33 pm

Mwah wee Tinkerchops, I'm off to bed now before I burst my stitches from high blood pressure, I better get a good night's sleep tonight, or i'll end up front page of Monday's Daily Record if any M&S staff upset me when I go trying on sportsbras tomorrow, lol.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 9:37 pm

Yip.go sleep with no stressing it will be fine!! Im.just annoyed at being told different from.the same person! 

Loool i can imagine u front page of the newspaper lying in.a pile of sports bras lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down