Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long to wear sports bras.

+4
Charlii
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
tashab1
8 posters

Go down

How long to wear sports bras. Empty How long to wear sports bras.

Post by tashab1 21st October 2013, 11:01 am

Hi all, sorry its probably been asked before, but just wondering what people have been told about how long to wear your sports bras.   I was told 6 weeks, im 2 weeks post op and they are killing me! ive got mediums (im a size 10) so think large would be too big but they are digging in my underarms and shoulders!

I had a day off yesterday and wore a normal tshirt bra and felt more comfortable but have gone back to sport bras today.

Ive got tear drop naturelles and scars have all healed as ive been glued meaning it heals quicker. 

Do you think its too early to go back to normal bras? its really not worth buying more sports bras at this stage now. x
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

How long to wear sports bras. Empty Re: How long to wear sports bras.

Post by COOKIE 21st October 2013, 11:08 am

Its absolutely too early to be wearing normal bras Tasha.

If you've been told to wear sportsbras for 6 weeks and you don't abide by that you do risk voiding any aftercare you have, so if should you have any difficulties then any surgery to repair any damage would be to your cost hun.

During this 6 week period your implants require stability hun. To get that stability they require as you've been instructed a sportsbra. These sportsbra are helping to stabilise the breast to give the implant time to adhere to the breast pocket.

If the bras you're wearing are causing such discomfort I would VERY much advise you shop for a high impact sportsbra that fits hun. You should be able to get no more than two fingers under the band and the cups should have no gaping or bulging of the breasts when your trying bras on.

It really is in your best interest to follow the instructions from your surgeon Tasha. 

Sorry if that's the last thing you wanted to read babe but I can't stress enough how important this is. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st October 2013, 11:13 am

six weeks is the normal amount of time because your new boobs need to be supported while the implant settles ... Like cookie says its really important because you have paid so much for the new boobs, you really need to look after them esp in the first few months!

Its quite normal for them to be high under the armpit because its supporting the whole breast which is what you need... I would also suggest if you are uncomfortable buying another sports bra rather than suffering if you arnt getting along with your current one xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 21st October 2013, 11:14 am

Lol I knew that was gonna be the answer haha! Obviously I had expanders in first, the implants haven't just been shoved in, as I had to have the expanders to stretch the skin and thicken the skin and tissue on my right side for my asymmetry.  They do feel and look like normal boobs now (I said they were like donuts in the first week) but the shape of them have really settled over the last week.  there just killing me! lol
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st October 2013, 11:20 am

Its probably because they're not getting the right support hun.

It would probably be best if you pop into maybe M&S or Debenhams and get yourself 'fitted' for a high impact sportsbra, so you know you're getting the right support.

New boobs that aren't well supported do ache and hurt. Although your boobs may be looking good on the 'outside' Tasha (so happy for you by the way) your boobs are still very much healing on the inside hun and that's what you have to focus on... You've gone through so much to get to this stage, it would be such a shame babe if things were to go wrong now because you weren't supporting your newbies hun.

A properly fitted bra will not hurt hun... Its obvious the ones you're using are not fitting which is causing you pain... So please babe... Go and get fitted for a new bra Give You Xx

Last edited by COOKIE on 21st October 2013, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st October 2013, 11:20 am

Glad your happy they are settling down! I had troubles with my bra at first because it was so uncomfortable because of the swelling but the 6 weeks is recommended for a reason so really hope you find a more comfortable sports bra :) Glad after all this time you have your implants! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 21st October 2013, 11:28 am

its not my boobs that ache its my shoulder mainly (which stemmed from my rib reconstruction) but that disappeared when I was allowed back in normal bras after having the expander implants in.  Guess I forgot about it because it wasn't hurting anymore.  My surgeon is happy about the sports bras I have but they are really small on the strap section, which then digs into my shoulder and armpits.  will take a trip and see what they say at the shops ;)
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st October 2013, 11:31 am

It sounds like you're taking the support of the bra you're wearing from the straps babe which is all wrong. All support from a bra comes from the band, so the straps are nothing more than something to hold up the cups, they do nothing to support the breast hun, so you seriously need a new bra... That's all wrong hun and its little wonder you're experiencing such discomfort. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 21st October 2013, 11:33 am

thanks hunni! ;)
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 21st October 2013, 11:37 am

Hi Tasha. I had to wear mine for 8-12wks. What sports bra are you wearing? I had real issues with some, particularly the M&S zip front. Ive got quite a long body, and because the zip fronts dont have adjustable straps, they were digging in under my arms and givng me awful backache because I was hunching to fit in it. If your in a crop, or something without adjustable straps, I would definitely suggest changing to a more bra style of sports bra. The M&S high impact ones are like this, so while theyre meant to encompass the whole boob, including being high on the sides, theyre not meant to be digging in and causing you discomfort. But you do really need to stay in the sports bras for support for all the reasons above.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 21st October 2013, 11:44 am

yeah its just crop sports bras, from sport shops, I had primark ones when I had my expanders in and they didn't cause half as much trouble as these do! but they got too small and because I only had a couple of days notice for getting my expanders replaced for implants, I didn't have time to go and get some more, so just whipped into sports shops.  they seem fine on the band and chest part but the shoulder and underarm are just terrible. will go and get some proper ones I think x
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st October 2013, 11:50 am

Make sure they're 'high impact' Tasha. M&S do a pack of two high impacts for around £25 that get very good reviews here. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 21st October 2013, 2:36 pm

I tried so so many diff sizes to begin with til I got the right one

then when I was out them i wanted back in them they are just to comfortable, im in them again just now as Im having pain in my left breast waiting on my reop

it wont be long til ur out them and in lovely bras for xmas xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st October 2013, 2:45 pm

I agree with tink lol, it's my appointment Wednesday and I might get given the go ahead to wear wires as I've had 6 weeks in the sports bra but I don't feel ready yet!! Crazy XX
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 21st October 2013, 3:37 pm

the sports bras are just way to comfortable xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 22nd October 2013, 8:26 pm

I am still in sports bras, can't wear wires until 4 months and have to say the m and s 2 pack for 25 have been amazing, I've busted out of my 34C and now wearing a 32e and they are super comfy.

I have for a freya deco soft cup on its way so that I can at least wear a normal bra for a few weeks. I was told sports bras for 12 weeks day time, and 6 weeks day and night. I wear it 24/7 as not comfortable without yet.

Hopefully u will be a lot comfier once u get a good fitting sports bra xxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Ding_dongs 22nd October 2013, 8:32 pm

Heyyyyy, everyone is told differently by their surgeons, I was told just after two weeks to start wearing non-wired ones and at home wear nothing (beeee free) I had to. Hangs my sports bra a week post op as it was two sizes too small so may be worth giving a different size a go. X
Ding_dongs
Ding_dongs
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 23rd October 2013, 6:09 am

Oh ive not been told to wear non wired bras after, is that general advice? Ive never worn any non wired or non padded bras before.
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 23rd October 2013, 7:29 am

Yes, no one is allowed to wear wires or padded bras after the op Tasha because it will damage your new boobs... They need the support :) After your BA you won't need the padding but although everyone has different advice generally wires are not allowed until the 6 week markXx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ding_dongs 23rd October 2013, 7:34 am

Every surgeon is different, just go with what your surgeon has told you! I was told to wear non-wired bras after 2weeks and I'm due to go back in a few weeks, I find my sports bra more comfortable though lol
Ding_dongs
Ding_dongs
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 23rd October 2013, 7:35 am

I agree lol! I'm going today for my 6 week check and if I get the go ahead I'm still not sure if I'm ready to rid my Macom lol! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 23rd October 2013, 8:30 am

Just popped up to Matalan, someone told me they did a range for breast surgery.  They are much better than my other ones! tighter around the band and not so tight on the straps! ooooh the relief!!
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 23rd October 2013, 8:44 am

Hey,

I had my review/dressings off yesterday and my surgeon said to me another 3 weeks in sportsbra/macom then wired ( I think -have emailed him) as was sooo excited to get the dressings off!!
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 23rd October 2013, 8:52 am

Fab! I think because mine was done by nhs, ive not really had a lot of information, and I don't have to go back til February next year unless I have a problem. I think I just want to hurry up and get back in normal bras, because ive been so used to having padding and chicken fillets because I had bad asymmetry beforehand, and because there is still a slight difference which you do see in the sports bras, just want to put them in a normal bra as I know they will look the same then, was wearing balconette bras while I had the expanders in and they looked great then so can't wait to get back into those I guess! xxx
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down