Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stretch marks

5 posters

Go down

Stretch marks Empty Stretch marks

Post by Daisydee 20th October 2013, 6:55 pm

I have just found 2 little stretch marks in my right boob near my nipple :(
I assumed if I was going to get them they would have appeared months ago, but obviously not! I have never been prone to them before so it took me by surprise a bit! I have been applying bio oil in my scars daily so I think I will start applying this all over to prevent any more! 
X
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Stretch marks Empty Re: Stretch marks

Post by jenniferrf1 20th October 2013, 6:58 pm

Ahh I'm prone to stretch marks too :( I had them pre op too even though I had no boobs! It's a joke lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th October 2013, 7:04 pm

The more supple your skin is sweetie, the better the chances are of warding off stress marks so moisturising twice daily will help lots... It doesn't matter which moisturiser you use, whether its a cheap one or an expensive one, any will do just to get that moisture into the skin.

Unfortunately once they're there, they're there and you can do nothing but live them babe. I have stretch marks from pregnancy, since having my BA, they have however stretched out and look better.

They will turn to a silvery colour incase you've never had stretch marks before and won't be so noticeable at all after about a year hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 20th October 2013, 7:16 pm

Oh no, I never knew once they were there they stayed! I am going to moisturise as much as possible now everyday twice a day!! Thanks cookie. X
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th October 2013, 7:22 pm

Sadly there's no getting rid of them once they're there... But thankfully they do fade over time. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina_Corrina 20th October 2013, 7:55 pm

If you've never been prone to them before, then you're extremely lucky.  Like Cookie says, once you're skin has stretched & the 'stretch mark/s' have appeared, your skin can't un-stretch.  They do fade however.  I'm not sure that moisturising does anything to be honest due to it being down to the sub layers of skin that stretch & cause the issue in the first place.  Moisturiser only moisturisers the very top layers of skin.  Stretch marks are a result of the mid layer of skin (dermis) stretching very thinly or breaking, allowing the deeper layers of skin to show up as the red/purple classic stretch mark.  They fade certainly, but they will always be there.
Corrina_Corrina
Corrina_Corrina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina_Corrina 20th October 2013, 7:55 pm

'your skin' even.. argh!
Corrina_Corrina
Corrina_Corrina
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 20th October 2013, 8:26 pm

That hanks for the explanation Corrina x
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenxwaves 20th October 2013, 8:39 pm

does bio oil work ?
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina_Corrina 20th October 2013, 10:02 pm

Does it work in terms of what? Prevention or helping fade stretch marks more quickly?  If the former, I would be highly dubious.  I'm of the opinion (not that I'm saying my opinion is the be all..) that if your deeper layers of skin are likely to stretch during a brief and significant stretch of the skin (like pregnancy, rapid weight gain or BA for instance), then stretch marks are inevitable.  But also, your general skin elasticity has much to do with it.

For myself, I was only 23 having my 2nd child.  I had a few stretch marks on my lower abdomen from the 1st & managed to get away without additional stretch marks until a few weeks before full term on the 2nd.  Prior to this I applied copious amounts of good quality moisturiser twice daily in the hope of not gaining any more of the lovely purple streaks!  Until literally the last few weeks, where 3 big purple looking gashes appeared just above my belly button.  

Obviously everyone is different, but it does depend on the natural elasticity of your skin.  And as it is the deeper layers of the skin that actually stretch & cause the issue, I don't think moisturising does much good.  

I used Bio Oil on my scars just to try & make them fade quicker, but didn't use them all over my breasts as they already had stretch marks from post pregnancy engorgement & using a breast pump... the joys!!!!
Corrina_Corrina
Corrina_Corrina
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down