Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone decided to NOT have a 2nd BA

+6
flowergirl
CAB321
Princess_x
Natty29
jenniferrf1
clazabella
10 posters

Go down

Anyone decided to NOT have a 2nd BA Empty Anyone decided to NOT have a 2nd BA

Post by clazabella 16th September 2013, 12:53 pm

Been on a study day today so had lots of time to sit and daydream (yes i know i should have been eagerly listening but it was really boring). Whilst contemplating life and boobs the thought suddenly hit me that some time in the future i am going to have to pay for another boob job. Yes i know this is obvious and you can't keep the implant forever but it's something i just never thought about. 
So this just cost me about £4,000 i think dependant on money exchange rates and i am lucky that we had the money right now to spend but who knows what will happen in the future. Then i started to panic when i read some of the stories on here re rupture, etc etc. 
Now in hindsight i obviously should have looked into guarantees, repeat surgeries etc BEFORE getting it done but i didn't know about the forum so had no bleeding idea this was even an option. I have no contract with my surgeon (it was never mentioned) all i know is he said there is 6 months of aftercare so i am assuming that if anything goes wrong tough luck i am out alone footing the bill. With hindsight of course i wouldn't have been so stupid but too late i am stuck with it now.
Has anyone just had their implants removed and not paid for new ones because they didn't have the money? Should i start saving now for the next time? Am i overthinking this as i am only 2 months post op and shouldn't have to worry about this for a long time yet lol?
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 276
Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Anyone decided to NOT have a 2nd BA Empty Re: Anyone decided to NOT have a 2nd BA

Post by jenniferrf1 16th September 2013, 1:01 pm

Yes start saving! Lots of ladies here have a boobie fund where we put money away monthly so that when next time comes around you will be able to have the money already there... Obviously we hope to have them a long time but we may be unlucky and have problems after a few years so its never to soon to start saving :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Anyone decided to NOT have a 2nd BA Empty Re: Anyone decided to NOT have a 2nd BA

Post by Natty29 16th September 2013, 1:04 pm

I too was like u and didnt think bout these things till after I had my ba :/ but if I were u I wud start up a little boobie fund.ive just had a second op 2yrs after my first and was crapping myself cus I thought I had to pay for this one.luckily enough mybreast covers u for one case of rupture or cc so I didnt have to pay this time.but if it happens again I will have to pay! Ive just bought a house and cant afford to put any money away at this time but what if my cc comes back within mths?!!
My hubby is very laid back about these things and has said that we will sort the problem wen/if it happens but im a panicker!.
I dont think I cud have them removed because I wud find the money from somewhere.haha.xxxxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 16th September 2013, 1:05 pm

I didn't think of this before I got mine done either, I just knew I wanted boobs. I don't really think of it now either to be honest.. I'm hanging onto mine for as long as possible! x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 16th September 2013, 1:07 pm

Yes I agree. Definitely start a savings account now. Hopefully you won't be needing it for a good few years yet, but when the time comes you'll have it there ready. You could open a separate 'boobie bank' account!!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 16th September 2013, 1:08 pm

Please don't panic about rupture! I was just unlucky that it happened so soon! The lifetime of an implant is around 10 years so yes, you will need them replacing at some point but £35 a month saved is over £4000 in 10 years. Although your aftercare is 6 months, your implants should have some sort of warranty anyway so check out the brand and have a look x
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 16th September 2013, 1:15 pm

I will be 54 in 10 years time! LOL but sure if they last that long i will want them replaced as obviously the skin is more stretched now so they will be emptier than before. Better get that savings account up and running nope nope
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 276
Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th September 2013, 1:20 pm

I wouldn't worry about what you will do when they need replacing just be prepared because you can get a complication at any time... We all hope for ten years but we may be unlucky and only have then for a few years...

I remember cookie saying that when the time comes to have them out she will have an uplift also (i think that's right) so even if you decide not to have new implants, there will be money involved, so it's best to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best! :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 16th September 2013, 1:22 pm

I've decided after Xmas I'm starting an account too, hopefully it will be 10years when I'm 35 that I need them replacing...but you never know, my man runs a small business that keeps us all going, but I'm thinking of doing something just for me soon, was a teaching assistant before I had baby no2, so if I go part time next year everything I get from that will be disposable income so maybe put a couple of hundred away a month just in case. It's better to be prepared, even if you have half the money in an account that's a lot less pressure and worry! 

Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 891

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 16th September 2013, 2:18 pm

Yeh I think it's sensible to start a bookie fund... Though saying that, the First Lady to ever have implants has still got her original ones in! Think this was done in the 60s?? (Though what state they're in, I'm not sure?!) x
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th September 2013, 3:11 pm

You should absolutely start a booby fund hun! I think its essential for anyone having implants to be sensible - ruptures and CC are common problems with implants and we can't ever get any guarantees how long our implants will last, but chances are we will all have had to change our implants within 10 years if them being implanted. We should also all have an MRI every 3 years to check for 'silent ruptures' this is a ruptured implant that presents no symptoms but it still needs removing.

When I had my first implants 7 years ago the cost me four and a half grand. I see women here paying much less than that now! So as popularity grows, the prices have to compete then with the demand, so hopefully they won't be too expensive.

I've already had my second BA but with an uplift also that time. I plan to reduce size again when I need to have my boobs again and I have my surgeon planned for the job too. After extensive research Mr Douglas McGeorge will be doing the work and I'm looking to have another lift and also I'm seriously looking into fat transfers rather than implants, but I'll see exactly what I need when I get there, if I still need implants to get the size I want so be it, but they will be may very last. I'm 45 now and don't intend to be a pensioner with breast implants. That's what sits right 'for me' though. There are many women of pensionable age that have breast implants and look great! But its just not something I'd like for myself. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 16th September 2013, 3:24 pm

I'm going to start saving for in ten years. There are advances all the time so who knows what our options will be then. 

Cookie had a giggle at you saying you didn't want to be a pensioner with implants! Not being mean but have you seen this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gave me a giggle!

Xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th September 2013, 3:30 pm

Hahahaha classy.

And that's why I DONT want them when I'm that age Hysterical 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 16th September 2013, 3:31 pm

COOKIE wrote:Hahahaha classy.

And that's why I DONT want them when I'm that age Hysterical 
Ha! X
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 16th September 2013, 3:55 pm

Hahaha I've seen her before on this morning or something.., nothing like growing old disgracefully ;) xx
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down