Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rowing machine after BA

+2
flowergirl
Seashell72
6 posters

Go down

Rowing machine after BA Empty Rowing machine after BA

Post by Seashell72 15th September 2013, 1:42 pm

Afternoon!

I am hoping to get the go ahead to start exercising again this week when I see my PS. I will of course ask him what I can and can't do but I just wanted to throw it out to all you girls tto see what you think or what you have experienced.

My normal workout routine centres around my rowing machine followed by the usual toning exercises.
Usually I get off the rower looking like I have stepped out of the shower!! I know I will need to take it easy when I first get back in the gym and am thinking of avoiding the rower for a while and getting back on the bike to concentrate on cardio that will not strain my upper body too much, but does anyone else use a rowing machine now and how have you found it after your op? I don't want to do anything to potentially damage my new assets!

Also, will the fact that I have used the rower so much pre-BA, mean I may take longer to drop as my chest muscles are pretty toned?

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Rowing machine after BA Empty Re: Rowing machine after BA

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 1:56 pm

Hi congrats on your new boobies! 
I would personally lay off any upper body exercises for a long time - 3 months or so and even then limit it to gentle exercise. You're only 5 weeks or so PO and it is not worth it to distort them. Your pectorals have been cut and stitched back together so it will take a while for internal healing. 
I also have unders and I now only do rowing for about 10 mins or so and never any other exercise that uses my cheat  muscles. 
Someone may tell you different but this is my personal choice as I really wouldn't want to mess up the look from something I can control. X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 15th September 2013, 2:02 pm

Thank you.
I think I will need to change my exercise routine to accommodate my boobies and will certainly just be looking at the rower for a while rather than using it!

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th September 2013, 2:13 pm

I'm not a regular gym goer anymore since I finished uni in may but I used to like the rowing machine ... Right now I can't imagine I would be ready to do that at the 6 week mark when the go ahead has been given but then I'm only 7 days post op lol!! See what the ps says but I guess if he did say its ok it would be very slow going at first :) xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 15th September 2013, 2:21 pm

Tbh, I don't feel ready for the rower just yet but i do like the results I get from using it so hoping I can return to it again at some point in the future. I never thought I would worry so much about boobies or that they would consume my life so much!!

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 15th September 2013, 6:38 pm

I also love my exercise and had unders fitted.

I was given the go ahead at my first check to start exercise ie anything lower body. I started with cycling and then about a week ago I started running again. I can't imagine using a rower yet.

Pre BA I was told definitely no upper body exercise until at least 3 months post op, and tbh I can't see me being ready to do anything upperbody specific for some time.

I am a real toughie, have recovered really well, but for example opening a jar is still uncomfortable for me. I realise we are all different, I am just giving you an idea on timescale.

Ultimately you will know when you are up to starting back with a particular type of exercise.

My last tip would be to purchase a Triumph Extreme Sports Bra, it's amazing and without it I doubt I would be able to do so much x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 15th September 2013, 7:47 pm

Eeek.. ouch. I wouldn't do that even now lol xx
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th September 2013, 6:12 am

Ooooo the thout of using a rowing a machine right after getting back into excercise is making me shiver! Lol

Be sure to take things very easy when you get back in the gym lovely. You will be very surprised at just how weak you are right away and its going to take some time to build that strength back up again.

Maybe try using a cross trainer at first, using arms for a little of the time and see how you feel when you go home that night, building up the time you're able to use you're upper body. Your body WILL let you know if you do too much let me tell ya babe lol. So be sure to listen to it and of it hurts, rest up till it feels better and take a step back till you're able to build yourself up. Xx

Oh! Lol... And be sure to wear a good quality sportsbra too. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 16th September 2013, 12:44 pm

Thanks girls!! I won't do anything till I get the go ahead from my ps on Friday.

Think I'll start with the bike and just look at the rowing machine from afar!!!!

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down