Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody got any tips on how to remove adhesive?

+2
jenniferrf1
Tittilicious
6 posters

Go down

Anybody got any tips on how to remove adhesive? Empty Anybody got any tips on how to remove adhesive?

Post by Tittilicious 1st August 2013, 11:32 pm

Hello all :)

I had my dressings removed yesterday.  I have no idea what they use to stick those buggers down with but my word they were tough to remove.

I have been left with a lot of adhesive on my boobs.  It is VERY sticky (I had to peel my bra from my sore, mutilated skin when I got home).

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to consider trying soap and warm water to remove the stuff :doh:  (I'd tried nail varnish remover with limited effect, wet wipes to no effect, gently rubbing in circles over the sticky bits which was was slow but working and made my skin sore).

I have removed a lot of the glue with soap and water and will try again tomorrow to get the rest off.  I was so conscious of not getting my wounds wet it is not an easy task - and my skin is sore, battered and bruised anyway so I thought it deserved a break.

Anybody know of a failsafe way to get the glue off?

Thanks guys x

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

http://tittilicious.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Anybody got any tips on how to remove adhesive? Empty Re: Anybody got any tips on how to remove adhesive?

Post by jenniferrf1 2nd August 2013, 6:33 am

Hi I havnt had any experience of this yet so havnt any tips but if you type in 'glue' into put search bar in the top right corner a few threads come up... Not sure how helpful they are but might help a little while your waiting for answers :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Anybody got any tips on how to remove adhesive? Empty Re: Anybody got any tips on how to remove adhesive?

Post by Lisa34 2nd August 2013, 6:38 am

A little oil on a cotton pad and gentle rubbing can help get the sticky stuff off. But make sure you don't go near you incisions hun xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd August 2013, 7:18 am

Baby oil will get that off. Works for the stickers on shoes too!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 2nd August 2013, 10:25 am

I had this problem and I just had to give it time, I just gently washed it when I showered each day and gradually it came away.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 2nd August 2013, 1:24 pm

Thanks guys xx

I will use a little oil :D - didn't think I'd be oiling up these 'bad boys' so soon after surgery ;)

Jennifer - would you believe I'd already tried the search but couldn't think of another word for adhesive :doh:  (and that only yielded a result for surgical adhesive used to glue wounds together). 

Great tip for the sticky stuff off shoes too Charlii!

Thanks again you wonderful bunch of women you Give You 

Zoe xxx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 4th August 2013, 5:38 pm

UPDATE:

Well my breasts are still not completely adhesive free but they are getting there (the bits that remain are very close to steri-strips so I am going to leave well alone).

The oil was helpful but made my skin feel a bit 'sensitive'. Realising the last thing I need right now is an allergic skin reaction I decided to err on the side of caution and not use it again.

I was planning to buy baby oil (thinking it would have been much more hypoallergenic than the sanctuary body oil I had used) but in the meantime I discovered that Dove shower cream massaged in and then wiped gently away with warm wet flannel is very effective  :)

Zoe x
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 4th August 2013, 5:41 pm

Hey Zoe,

Just in case you didn't see my other thread, a Ramer sponge from Boots might help, super soft sponge when your skin is already sensitive and be through so much. Recommended!

Hope the recovery is going well! xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 4th August 2013, 5:47 pm

eddy787 wrote:Hey Zoe,

Just in case you didn't see my other thread, a Ramer sponge from Boots might help, super soft sponge when your skin is already sensitive and be through so much. Recommended!

Hope the recovery is going well! xx

Hey Eddy 

Thanks. I'll look out for one of those (they are out of stock online).  Especially for when I start showering which will be Tuesday/Wednesday as I'm back to work on Thursday and 4 or 5 full strip washes (as I am doing currently) per day will be impossible!

Second wound check appt is Tuesday so I'll talk to the nurse then (although, like you, I was told at first appt I could shower).

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down