Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Week Post Op

5 posters

Go down

One Week Post Op Empty One Week Post Op

Post by Sam5886 1st August 2013, 10:20 am

Hi ladies

I sincerely apologise for this post but I just need to get is out before I start sobbing into my morning coffee.  

Firstly the op was my choice so I really have no right to moan or complain.   I was in no way pushed or persuaded and so appreciate my hubby finding the money to let me go through with the procedure.   I started training at the gym last October and discovered at the age of 45 I had a flair for weight lifting (I hate cardio) and I managed to lose 2.5 stone and loads of body fat (8st 6lb size 8) .... For the first time in many years I was able to look in the mirror and not have such a massive hang up about what I saw. 

Unfortunately most of my chest went with the weight loss and I was left with just lots of saggy skin, minimal breast tissue (32b) and VERY odd sized flat breasts.

I would have been happy to have an uplift with no implants but had been told that I would have next to no breast left at all and so implants under were recommended. Again, after speaking to lots of post BA friends, they all seemed to say don't go too small as you will regret it. So, after discussions of my surgeon and hubby, we agreed on an approximate 32dd size (the size before I lost my weight).  I have to admit I felt nervous about this size as I'd hated the feel of my boobs when breast feeding my kids. 

I was booked in to have a mastopexy with implants on the 25th July.  On the day of the op I asked the surgeon if she could reduce my nipple size (a hang up of mine) which she readily agreed was possible.  

When I woke from the surgery (which went VERY well) I was told that I hadn't needed a mastopexy as she had achieved the same result from a donut lift and nipple reduction with 250 and 325 implants under my muscles.  This also meant I received a large refund :ok:  BUT, this also made me nervous that just maybe the results wouldn't be the same (coz obviously I'm a boob surgeon and know everything about it ....... NOT!!). Lol

I have to admit I wasn't prepared for the first shower reveal after day 4 - I wasn't particularly bothered by the incisions or the horrendous bruising having had 4 c sections and a hysterectomy  - it was more the odd flat shape which made them look more like a huge pair of men's pecs rather than breasts. 

Having only just discovered this forum, I can only say a huge THANK YOU for everyone before me posting their concerns and worries as you have put my mind at rest over so many things.  BUT this is also where I first heard about the unders and weight training problem (obviously a bit after the event). 

I am one week post op today so I completely understand that I am in no way anywhere near the final reveal.  As I had different sized implants, I currently have massive (to me) flat wide  boobs which point in different directions (lol).  My scars are healing very well and hubby has noticed a softening in the shape as well.  I have to admit that the constant general achenes is beginning to make me feel really low but I totally appreciate that will go over time. 

The big downer for me is that I have just been told by my surgeon to stop weight lifting as my chest muscles are already so strong that they will deform the breast. This was never discussed prior to my op and I am devastated.  It was the weight lifting in the beginning that allowed me to get into shape enough to have this procedure - and now being told to stop is gutting. 

My husband just asked me that if I'd known about this before the op would I have gone ahead with it....... and I couldn't give him a direct answer. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I also now feel terrible because he's just spent £6k of very hard earned money on surgery that has made me have to give up something I love.   It was hard enough giving up the gym for the statutory 8 weeks and having sat and stuffed my face with every available carb and kids sweet this past week to fight off painkiller nausea, I am really, really not feeling good about myself. 

So, positive side, good op, healing very well, less scarring and refund towards a tummy tuck.
Downside, no more weight training, looking deformed and psychologically feeling the size of a hefer.

I apologise for the length of this post ..... Maybe it should have been posted in another section and it doesn't really warrant any replies as I probably just sound like a moany old hag - but I just needed to get it off my chest (pun intended) and out in to the ether. 

....... Maybe I just need to kick myself up the bum and do some positive thinking lol
Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

One Week Post Op Empty Re: One Week Post Op

Post by SharonM 1st August 2013, 10:37 am

Awwww Sam sweetie...

I don't know if this is relevant or irrelevant and I apologise in advance if this comes across insensitive but with regards to no weight training issue, my husband is a moderator on a body building forum so hence there are women on there who like yourself enjoys weight training and have also had BA's. I know that you've got to listen to your surgeon first but would you like my other half to seek some advice from a couple of women on there for you? Or you could bob on yourself maybe?

Please don't feel too down sweetie. Your most probably suffering from the boobie blues maybe... x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st August 2013, 10:44 am

Same you do not sound like your moaning at all and you are more than entitled to feel down after paying so much money and feeling like your implants are maybe in the wrong place (under rather than over) it's true that overs are best in most situations if you do a lot of exercise (amazing about the weight lifting by the way and good on you for achieving great results!) 
Breast implants are meant to enhance our lives though and for you to give up something you love isn't on!
I'm still pre BA so not an expert (I'm sure post BA ladies will be along soon also to help) but I do think maybe you need to go back to your surgeon and explain your concerns and unhappiness! We have members here who have changed placement (after the healing process) so that is an option however, it's the whole operation process again on top of healing time) also wether you are able to get this for free or discounted is another thing!! 

I'm sorry I can't help you more than that, but I do think the first thing to do is to go back to see your surgeon, you shouldn't have to give up your happiness from breast implants that were meant to make you feel better!! 

Hug  Hope everything works out for you xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2013, 10:58 am

If you told your surgeon your lifestyle and weight training programme Pre-Op Sam, your surgeon really should have discussed the possibility of muscle distortion, which is something that is very common amongst women who have a muscular upper body. The fact that you weren't told does maybe open a door for you hun...

Your surgeon did say you had no breast tissue and this was her reason for going partially under the muscle, but we've had women here who also had no breast tissue, suffered muscle distortion and have been able to have revision to go 'over' the muscle and the results were fine babe.

I really am super surprised at your surgeon to be honest babe.ask any female weightlifter and they will all have their implants over the muscle.

On the topic of not lifting again... I've never heard of this either. Yes, throughout your recover which may extend a little longer to give your muscle more time to heal before lifting heavy weights, but I've never heard of anyone being told they can't ever lift again?

I'd make an appointment and go back to see your surgeon Sam. Tell them you aren't happy that the muscle distortion wasn't discussed pre-op. had it been discussed you would have opted to go over the muscle and this is now causing you great distress.

I'd personally push for a re-op Sam. You'll have to wait maybe six months for the revision to give your body time to heal, but it will be possible if this is what you want.

I'd also have them clarify that they meant you would never again be able to lift weights, rather than not being able to lift weights throughout your recovery.

Lastly Sam... Please don't apologise babe. We're a support forum and this is what we do Hug 

Anytime you're feeling down or concerned just ask away lovely.... We really are all in this together. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 1st August 2013, 12:19 pm

Sam Lovely,

I'm sending an e-hug your way right now and all of my bestest calming and healing vibes.

Some great advice from the girls above ^

You, as you clearly know, were always going to feel a bit low after surgery.  You are used to training hard and not being able to do so will be starving your brain of the usual endorphin rush you are used to.

Getting the news that you will never be able to lift again - that's just shocking!  And must have totally poleaxed you.  I am sure isn't true (one way or another you will be back training).

Zoe xxx

PS Congrats on such incredible weight loss and dedication (much respect *doffs cap*) xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

http://tittilicious.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam5886 1st August 2013, 1:42 pm

Thank you sooo much for your comments everyone. You have given me the proverbial kick up the rear I needed.

Sharon, I would be very grateful if you could send out some tentacles (via your OH and see if anything comes back).

Cookie, my hubby did tell the surgeon at both the consults that I was a gym fiend and she even commented on my excellent muscle tone - but the conversation never went any further than that.

She also said she couldn't do overs as they would just sag ..... there was never the conversation of a lift with overs.

When I questioned her on muscle distortion this morning (after seeing the comments on here), saying I knew I wasn't allowed back in the gym for 8 weeks, her comment was "Why would you want to lift weights??" and then, "Absolutely not, you'll have to give it up completely - there are other forms of exercise".

TBH, my heart just sank and I was just trying my best not to cry (like a big girls blouse) lol.

I have another appointment next Thurs and I'll ask again. That gives me a week to find out as much info as I can and be pre-armed with info.
Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st August 2013, 1:55 pm

Oh Good luck Sam! To say you have to give it up is crazy and I think we all agree that you do need to get across that your are not happy that other alternatives were not looked at! If she had told you that you would have to give up weights before hand like your OH asked, I think you would have really given it extra thought!!  And crying doesn't make you a big girls blouse! Your bound to be very emotion after a GA anyway let alone that information!!

Like cookie said, I think you should push for a reop also. Hug   xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam5886 1st August 2013, 3:39 pm

Thx everyone. I'm deffo feeling a lot more positive. There must be loads of women out there who have had unders AND lift reasonably heavy OR change their routine to achieve the same results ....I probably went off the deep end with my boobie blues and the surgeon's off the cuff comment.

On a plus note, I've spent all day in my sports bra (rather than my compression bra) and am feeling fine with no rubbing... wohoo
Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 1st August 2013, 3:41 pm

Thats good to hear sam :))) will speak to other half tonight and see if he can get you some feed back sweetie... x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam5886 1st August 2013, 3:42 pm

Thank you :-)
Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2013, 4:00 pm

Glad you're felling more comfortable Sam.

Did she say this was because of laxity of your skin hun?

The implants you have aren't that big and would come in a range from what I've seen over the years here that would be OK going the muscle.

I think you'd probably have to Weigh up the pros and cons Susan.

Yes... Over time you may start to sag 'sooner' going over the the muscle, but you will get a natural result and be able to continue the lifestyle you have

Or stay with partials, over time these will sag also, but the may take a little longer to sag with the help of the muscle holding onto the implant, but you will have to change your lifestyle.

I'm wondering if your surgeons concern if you continue to lift weights would be the pressure from the muscle on the implant and the risk of possible rupture?

Just some things to think about and maybe discuss with your surgeon lovely. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 1st August 2013, 5:48 pm

Hi Sam...

My husband has asked one of the girls on his bodybuilding forum and she had under the muscle implants and she was back in the gym after 4 weeks and training heavy after 6. Her surgeon told her she could go skydiving if she wanted... so she really can't understand why you should be any different. She had a straightfoward BA.

Given your surgeons response about why you need to lift weights, I would take what she says with a pinch of salt. Not sure if this really helps you or not Sam...x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam5886 1st August 2013, 6:27 pm

Thx Sharon, that's helps LOADS. I've done a bit of internet surfing and although muscle deformity is obviously a higher risk for ladies who lift, it is not guaranteed.

I am beginning to feel a lot more confident that I will be able to return to the gym in due course but keep away from isolated chest work .. If that makes sense.

I am really not sure that a re-op with overs is the answer as they would look like stick-one due to my lack of boobage.

cookie, I know the implants are small in the scheme of things but I currently feel like they are a couple of Zeppelins lolol

thx everyone for your positive comments today - I reckon you all deserve a face lick
Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2013, 6:31 pm

Haha they do feel pretty alien at first. But a month or so from now and you'll have forgotten your old Boobs and just think of these ones as your own and like they've always been there! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam5886 1st August 2013, 7:45 pm

Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 1st August 2013, 7:50 pm

If I can help someone, I will try my best Sam - just glad you found it of some help.

You are so very early on in your recovery and I know you must be chomping at the bit to get back to the gym, but all in good time sweetie... the gym ain't going anywhere!!

It will be like starting again - rebuilding your strength and your body will tell you when enough is enough and when to slow down...

Happy healing Cheerleader  x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 2nd August 2013, 12:45 am

Hey Sam,

I'm so pleased to hear you are feeling much more positive :) and awarding face licks clap hands 

Zoe xxx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam5886 2nd August 2013, 11:33 am

Thx Sharon.  Yes I am eager to get back in the gym but also old enough not to be silly (plus school holidays and no sitters has put pay to any 'me gym' time lolol

I also went shopping yesterday and bought myself a triaction bra which although obviously isn't perfect, gives a much better outline than my compression bra. 

Thx Zoe, I am stunned at how well the healing process is going - I really didn't think I would be out of my compression bra during the day and no dressings at just 1 week post op.

So, all in all, feeling much better about things today *gives a little wiggle* dance   *does a little dance* lolol

Sam xx
Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 2nd August 2013, 11:41 am

Yay you go girl!!!

Zoe x
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 2nd August 2013, 11:43 am

Glad your feeling better today Sam... long may it continue yahoo x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd August 2013, 1:53 pm

The Triumph Triaction extreme bra is fabulous Sam!

I used this myself through my own recovery because on a survey about sportsbras this one came out tops over all other sportsbras and I have to say, the cushioned band nd straps made it soooo comfortable! Its also quite low in the front so a lot more accessible for your wardrobe too! Unlike other sportsbras which are quite high at the from with thick straps, this bra is so much nicer and gives a much better shape too.

Good choice hun and it is PERFECT for your recovery yes 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down