Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One week post op appt - Areola ruching

+2
COOKIE
eddy787
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

One week post op appt - Areola ruching  - Page 2 Empty Re: One week post op appt - Areola ruching

Post by eddy787 17th July 2013, 8:42 am

Oh and loving the new avi Cookie!! Xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

One week post op appt - Areola ruching  - Page 2 Empty Re: One week post op appt - Areola ruching

Post by COOKIE 17th July 2013, 9:21 am

Thank you Eddy Give You 

I think you're doing all you can. You're on a good diet to promote healing. You're keeping the wounds clean. Take yourself out for a nice walk everyday (its not good to just sit around all day), i also after showering and drying would open the bedroom window and just give yourself a half hour topless, laying on your bed and let the air get to the wound. fresh air is a great tonic for wounds... doing all that and you should do great babe.

Once you've gotten over the initial shock of seeing your scars, which it is a shock at first, no matter how prepared you are, you're going to start feeling much better about them Eddy and you'll soon realise they're actually not as bad as you thought.

If you start a picture trail, if and when you're ready, its a great way of being able to see the progress of the scars and how quickly there going to start to heal. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 17th July 2013, 12:02 pm

Thanks Cookie, will go for a walk and muster up the courage to try a shower after. Will maybe take a few pics. It just made me want to pull away from myself yday. It's strange, I was totally fine looking at other people recovery pics but seeing myself, felt a bit freaked out by it which I wasn't expecting at all! The boobie airing does sound nice so will try that each day. Anything to help the healing!! Xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 18th July 2013, 9:01 pm

Thought I'd update on the shower, no booby shower pamper sess still, as I decided to call my surgeons nurse and ask about shower, as although the local clinic nurse who saw me at one week was lovely, she had no notes on me so wasn't even sure what I was there for which leads me to question her advice! My surgeons nurse advised that for an uplift, with 4 t-junction scars, she would usually recommend to hold off showering until two week point. She said she was surprised to hear I was given my own sets of dressing to replace as its really off putting for the patient to see their scars at one week in! Her words not mine!! I have now moved my second week appt to Dolan Park instead, so another trip to Bham on Monday. But I'm happy to do the trip for more tailored specific advice, as opposed to generic for general surgery. So glad I called now. It feels more comfortable for me to leave it til two weeks, as my puckering really looks like there are gaps in the join still. oh the fun of recovery, feels like I'm constantly wishing time away at the mo! Xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th July 2013, 9:13 pm

I thought you were just a good healer getting the all clear for showering. I was 2 weeks after my lift for showering too... Yes, very good job you called. You should put that across that bad advise to any management there so that it doesn't happen to any other poor lady. Can't believe she advised without knowing what you were for Shocked 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 18th July 2013, 9:25 pm

She was really nice Cookie but had no notes on me and asked me what I was there for when I first arrived. So although I explained I had an uplift and she checked my wounds, I'm not sure how familiar she was with mastopexies? Or whether she had even dealt with one before? Dolan Park nurse said the nurse I saw may not be familiar with my surgeons work or his preferences or even breast surgery so that might be the reason for the difference in advice. I would rather go with my surgeons preferences rather than standard generic surgery advise! I will be feeding back to THG about post op check ups at local clinics, as there is defo an inconsistency in advice and this could be a patients detriment! I called as I'm paranoid about healing so I'm glad I spoke to my surgeons nurse but other people may not have double checked and why should we have to question it?! Xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th July 2013, 9:34 pm

Exactly..most wouldn't question it presuming they're seeing a nurse who has experience in cosmetic surgery... But if she's giving out the wrong advise, the clinic should be aware. As you quite rightly said, it only takes one woman to listen to that wrong advise and its them that has to suffer the consequences for it. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 18th July 2013, 11:07 pm

I will defo follow this up when I'm back at Dolan on Monday. It would be great if I was a super healer Cookie, like a girl version of Wolverine who can regrow her boobs! That would be brilliant!! haha! :-) xx

On a separate note I'm starting to itch, assume this is a good sign that my skin in healing and not infection?! (yep, paranoia all the way!) :-)
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

One week post op appt - Areola ruching  - Page 2 Empty Thanks for sharing

Post by Tittilicious 30th July 2013, 10:45 pm

Hey Eddy,

I'm a newbie and have just been having a look around the forum. 

I had breast uplift at DP last Wednesday and am due for my first wound care appt on Thursday (local clinic). 

This thread has been really helpful in preparing me for that so wanted to say thanks Give You.

When I read that you'd been told you could shower I was thinking "surely not!"  If there was one think my surgeon stated, restated and then restated it was "KEEP WOUNDS DRY" for as long as possible.  

I'm so pleased you phoned for a second opinion. 

How are your wounds doing now?  

Zoe x
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

http://tittilicious.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 30th July 2013, 11:39 pm

Hi Zoe,

Welcome to the site! Lovely to have another uplift/reduction girl here! there aren't many of us! :-) ah you're welcome on the thread, I felt I was unprepared so thought the detail would help someone else, am pleased you found it helpful!

Wounds are doing ok......I think! :-) I've seen pics of girls with much more tidier scars then mine so I felt disappointed as you would have read but have come to realise each person/surgery/surgeon is different so I need to stop comparing. The scabs are beginning to fall off so scars are looking much better, the puckering is also starting to even so that's looking better too...like what you would have already read from Cookie, it's a case of just letting the skin do it's own thing and heal. I hope it continues to do so!

How are you feeling 6 days on? glad you're prepped for you reveal, I think it's better to expect a car crash then it's easier to exceed your expectations! you never know, your surgeon may have been really neat so your wounds may be fine! How have you found your boobie journey so far?

xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

One week post op appt - Areola ruching  - Page 2 Empty :)

Post by Tittilicious 31st July 2013, 6:48 am

eddy787 wrote:Hi Zoe,

Welcome to the site! Lovely to have another uplift/reduction girl here! there aren't many of us! :-) ah you're welcome on the thread, I felt I was unprepared so thought the detail would help someone else, am pleased you found it helpful!

Wounds are doing ok......I think! :-) I've seen pics of girls with much more tidier scars then mine so I felt disappointed as you would have read but have come to realise each person/surgery/surgeon is different so I need to stop comparing. The scabs are beginning to fall off so scars are looking much better, the puckering is also starting to even so that's looking better too...like what you would have already read from Cookie, it's a case of just letting the skin do it's own thing and heal. I hope it continues to do so!

How are you feeling 6 days on? glad you're prepped for you reveal, I think it's better to expect a car crash then it's easier to exceed your expectations! you never know, your surgeon may have been really neat so your wounds may be fine! How have you found your boobie journey so far?

xx

Hello Eddy,

Thank you for the lovely welcome  - wish I'd thought to look for the site weeks ago!  

Having had a cursory look around I realise there aren't many of us uplift/reduction girls are there?  Fabulously friendly and helpful site though.

I'm pleased to hear your scars are healing well and - although not as neat as you might have hoped - you are seeing good improvement. 

I've expected a car crash under my dressings since I FaceTimed my husband from hospital minutes after being brought back from surgery and he asked to have a look at my boobies. I panned the camera down and saw what an amazing job (no pun intended!) Russo had done.  The results that I could see exceeded my expectations by so far I figured the 'catch' must be hidden under the suspiciously snowy dressings.  There was not even a drop of blood to be spied under there. No drains - nothing!!

I'm feeling great after my surgery - struggling not to overdo things (it's difficult to allow myself to rest when I feel so well and there's stuff - housework and the likes - that needs doing). 

Out of interest at what point did you shower (indeed if you have) and how did you decide it was the right time?  

How are you feeling 23 days on?

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 1st August 2013, 12:24 am

Hi Zoe,

No there aren't many of us at all, there are quite a few BA/uplifts but not uplift/reductions. My boobs internally feel sore, especially the leftie which was reduced. How about yours?

Yes that's a good way to think about it, that the 'catch' must be underneath the deceivingly neat bandages , I hadn't thought of it like that and I should have! I might have been more prepared for what I saw then!

It sounds like you are healing well since you feel good to go out etc, I found it hard to rest too, it's hard when there is lots to do, I went a bit stir crazy sat at home! How much time do you have off? Do you need to go back to work?

I showered at 2 week point as the nurse assured me in detail that it was ok and that I was healing well. I was very nervous about it but having showered now for the last week, its been no issue at all. It does take longer with the patting down with clean fresh towels and drying the boobies with a hairdryer (!) but other than that, it has been really nice to be able to wash all over. (remember to only run water over the boobs at this stage though). The boobs still do feel tender and sore, so it's a case of TLC when you shower!

23 days on I'm feeling generally good, boobs can be sore at the end of the day after work but have found some really heavy duty sport bras which have helped to give plenty of support during the day. 

Hope your first post op goes ok tomorrow hun, fingers crossed you are neat, neat, neat! :-) xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 2nd August 2013, 12:36 am

Hey Eddy :)

Sorry - I've only just seen this :)

I suspect if we keep posting other uplift/reduction folk will join :)

I thought I was fully prepared for "car crash" but I was still a little overwhelmed by just how awful my very first glimpse was (I took a photo when I was lying on the bed and that was my first sight - it is not a nice photo!!!  On my blog if you want to see sick ).  I had an internal "what have I done to myself" moment!!

Thankfully it has been uphill from there :), with my being able to see past the horrific bruising and the post-mortemesq slashes in my waxy-looking skin - to the result that I hope will be revealed more and more each day as my wounds heal and my bruising fades ;)

I have taken two weeks off (back to work next Thursday) and yes I need to go back.  I run my own business and I usually work 70+ hours per week and that involves driving all over the country.  Thankfully August is a traditionally quiet month for me so the three weeks after I return to work my hours will be much more reasonable and the travel less than normal (that's why I chose last week for my op).

I too have more aching in my reduced breast (my right), but atm both are sore and not just on the inside (wounds have a long way to go before they are healed and somehow, having seen just how gruesome they look, tuning out the soreness has become more difficult!)

I, like you, was told today that I can shower.  I told her my surgeon had said 2 weeks minimum but for me to try and go longer.  She said that I should follow his instructions.

So are you wearing sports bras as opposed to the MACOM ones at work?  Do you mind me asking what kind of work you do?  as in desk, driving, active etc...?

Hope all is good with you xx

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 2nd August 2013, 6:14 am

Morning Zoe,

Saw your blog and reveal, I look very similar! I would say your vertical is much neater than mine, mine looked zig zaggy on reveal, its quite shocking to see your own body like that, it's one thing to see photos, it another to stare back from your own reflection or looking down and seeing your skin sewn up! Am glad you can see the potential though, that's what I'm concentrating on too! And I do think Mr Russo has done a great job, your shape and symmetry is brilliant! And it can only get better from here! :-) xx

I have an office based role, so not very active, however with just general walking/driving I found the macom didn't provide enough support from the bottom, I could feel my boobs jigging! So I wear either Triump Triaction/Shock absorber/M&S high impact sports during the day, and macom when I sleep at night. I find the macom gives a little stretch when lying down compared to the sports so it's more comfortable. Some girls wear sports 24/7 though, so it's a case of trying out what feels comfortable for your boobies hun! Xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 2nd August 2013, 6:17 am

Oh btw there is a super soft sponge at boots that you might like to get as opposed to using a flannel, it's a pink sponge sold in a wet form, über soft so much less abrasive on your skin when it's already been through so much. Will help with the gentle washing around the boobies! Xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 5th August 2013, 4:07 pm

Hey Eddy,

Sorry Lovely - I didn't see your replies to me on this thread until now (I'm still getting used to the forum huh smiley ).

Thank-you for the info on bras.  i ordered some sports bras a few days ago but don't think they are 'man enough' - they are very comfy (much more so than the macom) but I haven't worn them yet.  I've ordered some more 'substantial' ones today.

The macom compress my boobies soooo much (I lose 3 inches when I have it on!) and I am back to work on Thursday - I've always had big boobs and people cannot fail to notice they have all but disappeared when I wear the macom!!

My daughter went and got me a couple of the sponges today.  She went to superdrug though (blooming students always trying to save a few quid!) so I might need to get some boots ones if these turn out to be of lesser quality; good to see they are machine washable though.  My main concern about sponge over flannel is the potential for bacteria build up (at the moment I'm using flannel on breasts only once then replacing with a clean one).

Thanks for kind comments Eddy Give You 

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2