Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One week post op appt - Areola ruching

+2
COOKIE
eddy787
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One week post op appt - Areola ruching  Empty One week post op appt - Areola ruching

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 1:22 pm

Hi girls

Just come back from my one week post op with the nurse and there is a lot of ruching/creasing of my skin around the areola. I have to say it was quite awful to look at how much stitching there is. The nurse has said this creasing will go but I haven't seen this creasing in other post op pics? Am I worrying too much? Just like to hear from girls who've had this with their uplift and can confirm this ruching effect fades with time?! 

The nurse has also said I'm healing well and can take a shower but with just clear water, this feels too soon to me!! So just like to know how soon did you uplift girls shower too? 

Be grateful to get some advice on this!! Thanks! Xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

One week post op appt - Areola ruching  Empty Re: One week post op appt - Areola ruching

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 1:25 pm

You may have read this term here as 'Puckering' babe.

Its perfectly normal yes 

The puckering can remain for a couple of months but massage soon sorts it out and will settle to a nice flat scar. So don't worry lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

One week post op appt - Areola ruching  Empty Re: One week post op appt - Areola ruching

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 1:30 pm

Ah thanks Cookie, thank god for that, I didn't want my boobs to forever look like a patchwork!! The puckering was just a surprise to me, wasn't prepared for it. Did you find showering after a week ok too? Just feels there is so much stitching to be ok to start showering? Worried!! Xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 1:42 pm

Don't 'wash' your stitches with soap and water babe, its enough to just allow the water from your shower to run over them to keep them clean hun.

After showering gently pat dry. I always used two different towels to lessen the risk of infection. Then after patting dry pop you hair dryer on the cool setting and gently blow your stitches until thoroughly dry. This will keep them nice and clean babe with the least risk of infection. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 2:15 pm

Thanks Cookie. Will do as exactly as you've described, just so worried about infection! It's my biggest fear. Am so relieved to hear my t jumction is healing ok, I've been worrying about that so much. So much worrying and wishing involved in this recovery journey!!
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 2:22 pm

Isn't there! Especially after a lift I feel which can be quite scary upon first reveal and the stitches can often look worse during healing before getting better, but in time they do heal and the vertical especially will be invisible, the areola and horizontal will be barely noticeable. You'll be be amazed this time next year at just how well your boobs look! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 3:16 pm

Thanks for always saying the right things Cookie! It WAS scary, I had to look away at first, once I caught sight of how much stitching there was around my nipples, and how the puckering looked.... hard to describe but I couldn't stomach looking at the rest. I have swelling still, and the bottom half of both boobs were yellow from the bruising. I did get that feeling of "what I have done?". But the nurse reassured as you have done that it will all go down, and the stitches disappear and fade. I have to concentrate on that. Roll on a year, next summer will be so much more exciting!! :-) xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 3:41 pm

Aww you're welcome lovely. Its just nice we can be here for each other isn't it. Hug 

Yes, one year from now you'll barely know you had an uplift at all, you'll be far too busy enjoying those perky new babies! dance 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 4:11 pm

It is lovely, this forum is so fantastic, I really do mean it when I say I couldn't have gone through with this without all the lovely girlies on here, and you especially, with your excellent words of advice Cookie! Hug  xxx

I really hope so Cookie, I feel like I'm always going to feel protective over them now though, I doubt if I'll ever go braless, not when I've spent so much on them! So not letting gravity/weight loss get to them again! :-) xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 4:23 pm

HA! You sound like me Eddy! When I'm not going anywhere I'm still in a sportsbra for that additional support. I sleep with a kush to prevent wrinkling between the boobs and to keep them perky... I'd never seen hubby roll his eyes as much until I had my uplift and started my nightly routine - shower, moisturise, sportsbra back on, kush in, bed!

They're proper pampered my boobs! Hysterical 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 4:31 pm

Haha! They sound like the most pampered boobies and I am SO adopting that routine Cookie!! :ok: 

I've never heard of a kush so will have to google that and get shopping! but anything to keep them perky! and I mean anything, whatever I have to do!! yes 

It's as important as moisturising! No point in having silky smooth skin if it's saggy!! (men should appreciate this!)

thanks for making me smile Cookie! xxxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 5:56 pm

Awwww I'm glad I made you smile lovely Hug 

Have a look HERE to see what a kush is. :ok:  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pr1ncessmummy 16th July 2013, 6:34 pm

Sorry to hijack but I am definitely going to have to get a Kush!! They look amazing!

I love reading the threads on here as they prepare me for what to expect this time around with a lift! As usual, Cookies advice has been fab here and it's nice to hear that you're healing well Eddy! Enjoy your boobie blow-dry! Smike 
-x-x-
pr1ncessmummy
pr1ncessmummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th July 2013, 7:15 pm

I also found it intresting because although I'm having a straight forward BA this time, if my areolas are not fixed (they are really puffy) I will be having a areola reduction a few months down the line also! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 8:35 pm

The kush looks awesome don't they! Such a good idea, thanks for the thread cookie, I did google it and couldn't find it, will most defo be ordering one once my swelling goes down!

Never thought of giving my boobies a pampering sesh hehe!! Will report back on the boobie blow dry once I've attempted it girls!! I am giggling just at the thought!! The things we do for our boobies girls!! :-) xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th July 2013, 8:40 pm

Eddy if you go to thekushcompany.com thats where I brought one :) I'm worried about sagging so I brought one to help keep my boobs (when I get them!) as perfect as I can lol :D xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 8:46 pm

Thanks Jen, totally agree we have to do everything to prevent sagging! They are such a good idea, I wish I had seen them when I was younger! Hope your BA goes well Hun so you can avoid a second op, hopefully Mr M will do his magic and get it all right for you first time! Xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th July 2013, 8:47 pm

Thanks eddy :D can't wait and I'm going to look after these new boobs like children haha!! XX
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 8:58 pm

The next month will fly Jen, plus you have your hols to look forward to! You will be looking after boobies soon! They will defo be a priority for me from now on!! :-) Xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th July 2013, 9:02 pm

I know, us who have had a BA definitely appreciate our boobies more :) thank you eddy, I'm looking forward to it, can't wait to share my experience with you all xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 16th July 2013, 9:20 pm

I can't wait to read all about it! It's an exciting day! You'll love it!! :-) xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 16th July 2013, 9:58 pm

Hi eddy mine are less puckered now but ea it's a wired thing to see and the stitches are finally starting to do one! I didn't shower my top half till past 4 weeks and I pay them dry with a dry tissue clean side each boob and them air dry for a while, I also quickly learned that overdoing things can Cause sweating in the boobage area and this can make the stitches wet and then the scans can soak off or open and this lead to bleeding and infection so please take it so easy as told Hun xxx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 17th July 2013, 12:47 am

Hey halo hun, good to hear from you my fellow hooters buddy! :-) how you been doing? How are you healing? Hopefully all ok now? Thanks for the advice and and comment on puckering, huge relief to read I'll see less of it in a months time, it's really strange to see your own skin sewn up like a piece of fabric, it's totally eerie and a bit stomach turning (or at was at least for me). Be nice to see the black stitches disappear, thanks for giving me an idea on timeline, really helps! Am defo resting lots and trying to keep cool, I feel really paranoid right now about not sweating so I don't create bacteria on my wounds. But it's hard staying still. Hope your wounds are better hun now, sounds like you are now you're able to shower? I really don't feel ready to shower, I can't get past how sewn up I look and how it can't be ok to shower like this?? Even with a boobie blow dry at the end?!! Xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th July 2013, 7:39 am

Don't worry about sweating Eddy. It's absolutely fine.

Infact, researchers have actually found that sweat can promote healing! But leaving sweat to linger is not good. 

If you keep yourself clean and you shower at the end of the day its absolutely fine.

You can read about the research HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 17th July 2013, 8:40 am

Thanks so much for that Cookie, I think the more I read about healing the better. Want to do everything/anything that can help those scars look better. I've been eating the Vit C, protein and Zinc diet you mentioned elsewhere and feel a lot better about allowing myself to sweat now. Anything else I can do Cookie? I was too scared yday to look at my horizontal and vertical scars so have no idea how bad these are yet. Xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next