Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day-case

+4
jenniferrf1
mrsball
BetterThanToast
dafneylou
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Day-case Empty Day-case

Post by dafneylou 14th July 2013, 7:56 pm

Hey Girls.

I was just wondering if any of you are booked in as a day-case for your op?
Also would love to hear from girls who have had their BAs as a day-case?

With my first BA i stayed over night but this time I'm being treated as a day-case and I'm not too sure how to feel about it, is a little scary knowing that I will be having an operation then travelling home a few hours later, especially as I will have to travel for about 3 and a half hours.
Just wondering if any of you girls are having to do the same, if so how do you feel about it or have done this and how did you get on?

Thanks girls, its the only thing that I am slightly worried about. 
xxxx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Day-case Empty Re: Day-case

Post by BetterThanToast 14th July 2013, 8:02 pm

Hi dafneylou I had a day case Tues just gone :)

I arrived at the clinic at 7.30am, was on the table at 8.10am, and leaving to go home at 1.30pm on the same day!

For me personally I had a bad experience whilst in hospital overnight a couple of years ago and ever since I am VERY reluctant to stay away from home when receiving medical treatment.

The clinic I went to and the staff were lovely and the situation was completely different but I knew that I personally wouldn't have been able to relax if I had stayed in and so I felt that my recovery would be better at home with my family :)

The clinic contacted me at home at certain stages and I had a couple of numbers that I could call to talk to a nurse 24 hours a day if I had any concerns.
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 14th July 2013, 8:08 pm

Thank you Betterthantoast, that is reasuring to read,
I hope I am in early so I can get back home, don't want to be travelling late.
Yeah I too would much rather be at home, I also had a bad experience a little while back and the thought of even going into a hospital of any sorts scares me so I want to be in and out as soon as I can, hence why I chose the day case. I'm only concerned incase something goes wrong and I need help, I will be so far away from my clinic. Hopefully I will be all good tough.
                 xxx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BetterThanToast 14th July 2013, 8:12 pm

My journey home was only 40 mins so quite a bit shorter but I had my OH at home, my best mate who lives around the corner from me and my parents just up the road so I had plenty of support close by.

Will there be someone at home to help you out and keep an eye on you?
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 14th July 2013, 8:15 pm

Thats good that you had so much support around you!
I will have my husband with me and when he isn't my sister will be, thank goodness as I have 4 little muchkins so need all the help I can get!Hysterical xx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BetterThanToast 14th July 2013, 8:20 pm

Aww that's lovely that you have 4!

I have 2 boys (and a cat but she's my furbaby lol) would love to have more :) 

How old are they? I have managed a couple of gentle cuddles with my 5 year old but it feels like forever since I've had a proper squidgy with my 11 month old :(

So far that has been one of the hardest parts of having my BA!
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th July 2013, 8:21 pm

I think nowadays most Bas are done on a day case, unless there's medical nessciaty or higher dependency or travel is a factor, it's not nessary to stay overnight anymore.

I preferred it , having my own bed and surroundings. 

They don't Throw you out , they wait for you to to feel 'with it' to have eaten and to have done a wee! Xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 14th July 2013, 8:31 pm

Yeah I will find it very hard not being about to pick up and cuddle them, especially my youngest, he is 15 months and is a total mummies boy, no body comes close to him when i'm around so that is going to break my heart:sadsmiley: 
My eldest is a girl and she is 11, then a boy who is 8 and another girl who is 4 and our frenchie puppy who is 5 monts, best not forget her!!lol. Bless them, I feel sorry for them already..

I wouldn't want to stay the night, it is just a bit scary, think I am only worried because when I had my last baby I had to have a c-section which turned into an emergency c-section which then went really wrong and I nearly died, since then I just have bad feelings about anything to do with surgery. Think I will worry till it is over and I am home safe. xx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th July 2013, 8:32 pm

Intresting reading these, I'm staying overnight, mainly because I live over an hour away and overall I think I would prefer to but this does play on my mind aswell because I don't really fancy staying overnight either, making me feel nervous lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th July 2013, 8:41 pm

Look at the positives of staying though , complete rest and being able ro relax and quietness. It'll be in a single room so no disturbances (apart from checking obs) and being 'waited' on, anything you need, water, food, meds, help to the loo, just pres the call button and a nurse comes! Xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 14th July 2013, 8:43 pm

Yeah I know, is good, I will have to get my husband to do all that for me, maybe I should buy a bell for him, ring it when I need him....Hysterical
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th July 2013, 8:44 pm

That's true mrsball, and haha dafneylou that's a good idea!! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 14th July 2013, 9:06 pm

I stayed in for my first BA and it was a good experience, had a good sleep because they keep on top of your meds so you don't ever get to the stage where your uncomfortable, that happened for me after, once I got home and had to keep on top of them myself. That is what I will be keeping a close eye on this time, so I never get to the stage where is uncomfortable. xx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 14th July 2013, 9:10 pm

Hi, I'm having a day case on 31st. I want to go home to my own bed and family xx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 14th July 2013, 9:46 pm

I was a day case and was definitely glaf to get home to my own bed. My mum is a nurse though so she was able to make sure i had all meds on time. I was very sick aftet the GA though and had to call the out of hours doc out for sickness injection so maybe an overnight may have been better for me personally!
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th July 2013, 11:08 pm

Don't worry about being a day case babe. If there was any reason for concern at all before discharge after surgery you would be kept in hospital overnight free of charge. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 15th July 2013, 11:06 am

I was a day case and it was fine as i was only 1hr away.
the only downside was as i was later than expected into surgery i didnt get home until 11.30pm and was shattered.
it was so nice to wake up in my own bed though not having to get up & out.
x
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 15th July 2013, 12:01 pm

Thanks girls.
Is good to hear lots of positives for a day case.
I was fine with it, totally happy until a lady from another company rung me up and was questioning me on my plans, trying to convince me to go for a consultation with them before I booked my surgery, she asked me the price I am paying and when I said it she said she didn't know how they could do it that cheap, I told them I would be a day-case and she went 'oh no, we don't like to do day-cases, it can be dangerous, you will of just had a GA, you need to be monitored over night' so although I knew it was fine and they wouldn't let me home unless it was safe, she still put that doubt in my mind but that was obviously the point in her saying it as she also asked who I was going with and when I said Adrian Richards, Aurora clinic, she said she hadn't heard of him or the clinic, again trying to put doubt in my mind! I guess they just say what they can to try get you on board. I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind about my surgeons ability and know I have found the right man for the job. xx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 12:20 pm

Sounds horrible! Your right though, was probably just after the sale! Im glad your happy with your choice, ive heard good things about both the company and the surgeon...

Also dont worry about what she said about its not safe after the GA, many girls are day cases and if your not well enough they will keep you overnight anyway :)
your date is less then a month away!! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 15th July 2013, 12:26 pm

I know hunni, they won't let me go unless they are completely happy that I'm fit to leave, they have told me to pack a night bag so I am prepared incase I do have to stay in. I'm sure it will be all good.

I know, 28 days!!!yahoo yahoo yahoo 
I literally can not wait, it is just consuming my brain 24/7, boobs, boobs, boobs boobs!!Hysterical 
I am driving my husband crazy with it, think I may put him off boobs for a while, hes fed up of it all already, thats why i'm glad i'm on this site, can give him a little break! lol
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 12:36 pm

Exactly :)  im sure all will go fine! That's why im addicted to the forum too because my boyf is fed up of me talking about it all the time! It gives him a break lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 15th July 2013, 12:48 pm

LOL, you really are addicted, TOP POSTER, defo lucky for your bf that you are on here. Hysterical  xxx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 12:53 pm

Haha he doesnt know how lucky he is that this forum exsists :D xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 17th July 2013, 1:24 pm

well i have been told m admission time is 7.30am!!
Although thats good as means I get home early it also means I have to start my journey at 3.30am and as my husband works nights and doesn't get in till 2.30am he wouldn't of had any sleep which isn't great when he has to drive for so long. nope .
Think he is gonna try and sleep in the room while I have my op, poor bloke!!
at least it means we will be back home by early evening though.
Wish I could just fast forward time a few weeks now!!Hysterical xx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 17th July 2013, 1:29 pm

Aww at least your be done pretty soon and wont have to wait around, you could book into a hotel room the night before? a few ladies here do that who have a long journey, could be a premier inn or something cheap and cheerful? :) Its exciting when you get the admission time! 26 days for you!! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next