Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

only one consultation booked?

+4
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
Charlii
missvmac28
8 posters

Go down

only one consultation booked? Empty only one consultation booked?

Post by missvmac28 13th July 2013, 7:34 pm

Hi girls,

I'm just feeling a little worried.  At the moment I only have one consultation booked, with Mr McGeorge on the 24th July in Spire Cheshire.  I booked it a couple of weeks ago.  I researched surgeons in my area and decided he was the one I wanted to go and see.  Now I'm feeling worried as most people seem to have had a few consults with different surgeons, so think I should book another one at least?  I have read good things about Mr Alvi in liverpool so I think I might try and book to see him too.  I really want to get my BA done in August as I am off work (school holidays) and am worried now that other surgeons might think I'm rushing if I tell them I want it done in August as its only next month, but I'm really not as I have made this decision a long time ago and done a lot of research.  Feeling upset with myself now for not booking other consultations sooner. Boo :-( xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

only one consultation booked? Empty Re: only one consultation booked?

Post by missvmac28 13th July 2013, 7:35 pm

Mr McGeorge's sec knows if i go ahead I will be looking to have the surgery in August so I don't feel as though this surgeon will think I am rushing but others might? xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th July 2013, 8:15 pm

Hey missv. I only saw one surgeon, and on reflection, I wish I'd seen a couple more. I may not have changed my decision, but I shouldn't have rushed into it. He just clicked with me and hubby, so we went for it. If you're able to compare notes, I think you should. But if you're 100% happy and sure, then it's not the end of the world. You need to do what feels right for you x
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 13th July 2013, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the reply Charli, your avi looks great! yeah i think I will contact Mr Alvi's office and try and book a consultation with him in the next couple of weeks, as you say it is probably a good idea to compare notes.  I've heard very good things about Mr McGeorge so I am confident that I will be happy with him but I suppose it is best to get different surgeon's views! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 13th July 2013, 8:33 pm

Hey Hun, everyone's journeys are different and individual. Although its recommended that you see a few surgeons, I've seen ladies here go with the only surgeon they saw and are very than happy with their results! You know he's cookies surgeon of choice so if you do like him then and he feels right for you then there's no reason why you shouldn't only book with him! It's got to be what's right for you so please enjoy your own journey and don't worry about anyone else :) there's no harm in seeing other surgeons at all though so if you can fit more consultations in then that's great :) and don't worry about him thinking your rushing it, surgeons are used to working women who need to have their BA to fit in with their own schedule xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 13th July 2013, 8:46 pm

Thanks Jen, your replies always make me feel better :-) i know you're right that everyone's journey is different, i'm just a bit of a worrier! Think I will contact Mr Alvi's office and see if i can arrange a consult, as you say, no harm in seeing another surgeon, I do secretly have my heart set on Mr McGeorge though, haha. xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th July 2013, 8:56 pm

Don't worry what surgeons will think babe. This surgery is all about YOU and nobody else. Seeing other surgeons is always a good idea. It helps make your decision easier having at least one other consultation to compare to before deciding.

I've personally seen many surgeons now and sat in on a consultation with Mr McGeorge so for me its a no brainier that he's my one and only consultation. I've personally been following his work for years now and done extensive research 'for myself' to feel secure he's the one 'for me'

That's not to say he's going to be right for you though...

With all Mr George's experience it may just be that you don't click with him and I feel this is something that has to feel right for you babe... So do whatever feels right for you, this is far too big of a decision to make to go in to surgery with any 'what ifs' in mind. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 13th July 2013, 8:59 pm

Thanks Cookie Give You  i know, as you say he is a very experienced surgeon and I'm sure I will really like him.  I think I will go and see Mr Alvi too, hopefully before Mr McGeorge, then I can compare the two and decide who i feel most connection with.  xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 13th July 2013, 9:15 pm

Sounds great missvmac :) let us know how you get on, really looking forward to seeing how you get on xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 13th July 2013, 9:23 pm

Hug Will keep you updated xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 13th July 2013, 10:02 pm

hi hun,

yes i would definitely advise you to have more than one consultation.
for one, although on paper your chosen surgeon may seem ideal, there is just no guarantee that you will 'click' with him once you meet him.
it is also a reassurance to hear what different surgeons suggest in terms of implant size and placement etc.

but don't worry at all about thinking that surgeons will think you are rushing, a lot of ladies make use of 'late space' offers etc, so thats not a problem at all hun!

but yes do have a look around for some more consultations x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 13th July 2013, 10:11 pm

Thanks for the advice blue :-) hope you are still healing well! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 13th July 2013, 10:36 pm

no probs hun!
one of my consultations was with a surgeon i was fairly certain even beforehand that i didn't want! but still, it was free and i wanted to have another opinion on sizes and placements.

yes my recovery has been great and i have no issues at all :) 

good luck on your journey hun x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by CassieShips 14th July 2013, 6:49 am

I have to admit, I only ever had one consultation but I am so happy with my choice and my results! (Would like to be bigger, but I have a decent size implant and it is best for my shape) I could've seen others but something just clicked with my surgeon and I know it's not advised but I booked immediately. Not because I was pressured, just because I knew he was the right surgeon for me. 

But I do agree with what everyone else is saying, have a few and decide who you feel is the best for what you want to achieve. You may think you've found the right one and then you see someone else and totally change your mind. 

xx

ps, good luck!
CassieShips
CassieShips
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 14th July 2013, 5:46 pm

hi girls...just to update.

Spoke to Mr Alvi's secretary today, she was really nice.  I explained that I would like a consultation with Mr Alvi and explained that if i were to go ahead i would be looking for my BA mid august.  she said this should be ok. she is going to ring me back tomorrow when she has the diary from the office to try and arrange a consultation as soon as she can fit me in.  she also said consultations are free you only pay when you decide to go ahead with the surgery, so that's good! she took her time on the phone and explained lots of things so hopefully I can get a consultation arranged for sometime in the next couple of weeks! 

She said as Mr Alvi is a BAAPS member he likes to give at least 2 weeks between the first consult and surgery date so the sooner I can get my first consult arranged the better. See what she says tomorrow! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 15th July 2013, 7:06 pm

Thats good news hun xx

I think it's a good idea to get a couple of consults at least x It can't hurt can it ? x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 15th July 2013, 7:16 pm

Thanks Kay, yeah as you say no harm in getting more than one opinion :-) xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 15th July 2013, 7:21 pm

You never know you may get on better with your second choice  shrug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 7:56 pm

That sounds good, it's always nice when they have the two week period xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 15th July 2013, 8:44 pm

Good news that you can get booked in for your second consultation soon. I wouldnt worry about surgeons thinking you are rushing in to anything.
I only went for one consultation based on the fact the clinic has a great reputation and I really liked the surgeon plus the clinic is just 5 mins down the road from my house so everything just felt right. But most people on here have been to lots of consultations and it is recommended so you can compare advice and information!
Good luck for your consultations, I hope they both go well. 
x
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 16th July 2013, 6:10 pm

Thanks Daisy! Your avi looks great :-) xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down