Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sizing wobble - again!

+2
jakki32
jodioc77
6 posters

Go down

Sizing wobble - again! Empty Sizing wobble - again!

Post by jodioc77 8th July 2013, 6:09 pm

So i am having another wobble over sizing

i was just looking at some American forums etc and noticed lots of surgeons comments saying they suggest going for the implant size 1cm BELOW your BWD, and not matching it, or going above.

i have been offered 375cc and 405cc moderate profile which match a 13.0 and 13.25 BWD.  My surgeon measures my BWD at 13cm, although confusingly another surgeon measured it at 12.5cm (although guess there is not much in the difference)

When i try measuring my own BWD (or getting my hub to do it) according to instructions, i end up 17cm so no idea what we are doing wrong !

The projection difference in the 2 is tiny 4.4 versus 4.5

I had thought i had decided on the 405cc as thought with such a negligible difference i should...surgeon thinks this one too.  He says i have quite a wide chest.  I find it hard to get my head round being described as wide though, i have always been slim,size 10 and tallish 5ft 8" although think i have quite a big ribcage (good lungs as my mum would say lol) i measure it at 31" and i wear a 34a bra.  Maybe reading other sites was a bad idea but just wondered why they suggest going 1cm lower, i thought 1.5cm either way was within limits for a natural look??
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Sizing wobble - again! Empty Re: Sizing wobble - again!

Post by jakki32 8th July 2013, 6:32 pm

Wondering if the wide chest was referring to the gap between your breasts? Anyway , once I decided I avoided reading other info as I didn't want to worry myself. I think you will get a great bust with those implants. Maybe another consult with your surgeon to answer any questions might help x best wishes , Jak
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 8th July 2013, 6:54 pm

Hmm guess that could be what he was referring too?  i am wearing a padded bra right now, if i look down i can prob see 1cm gap, if i take bra off i guess 1.5cm.  One other surgeon did say they would not be able to create a cleavage for me (could htis be because of the "wide" gap?) but i am not after achieving a cleavage anyway

they are ordering both sizes in for me, so i can decide on the day finally..
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th July 2013, 7:07 pm

You can go a little over if your surgeon is happy with that Jodi and I'm presuming you have plenty of breast tissue for them to do that?

If you have then going that little bit over should be fine.

If are very thin or have very little breast tissue then it really wouldn't be a good idea to go over your BWD.

If its playing on your mind babe then do go back and have another consultation with your surgeon to discuss this further. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 8th July 2013, 7:10 pm

Yer if you have a wide gap now I've heard that you won't have a natural cleavage after either but once they've softened then your be able to in a bra etc :) it sounds as if both of those implants would fit however you would get more side boob with the bigger one...
Off of the top if my head if I remember the numbers right,
I was offered 410 (11.8) and 460 (12.3) . I'm going with the 460 and my BWD is 13.5 ...so I will only get a tiny bit of side boob if any... It all depends on the look your after I guess but your surgeon is the expert looking at your body and has the best advice for you... :)
I've heard 1.5 either way too xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 8th July 2013, 7:43 pm

hi hun,

i haven't heard about the 1.5cm either way rule, but i think in general it depends on what look you're after, and i have read that going too much over your bwd could cause problems (uniboob).

for me, i didn't want any sideboob as i wanted to keep my slim looking upper body look, so i opted (in discussion with my surgeon) for an implant size slightly less than my bwd. 

other girls might want more of an hourglass figure with more sideboob, so may opt for an implant width slightly! more than their bwd.

but the best thing would be to discuss the look that you want and your concerns with your surgeon hun.

you need to feel confident that you have chosen the right implant for you x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 8th July 2013, 7:54 pm

I don't think i really want much side boob, but do want to look more in proportion than i do now, and i have quite a boyish/athletic figure so wouldn't mind adding a bit of curve ;)

i think as it keeps playing on my mind...and i think i would be more upset if i was a little bigger, as opposed to little smaller than i imagined...i might opt for the smaller of the 2...
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 8th July 2013, 8:10 pm

It's the toughest decision!! Just really think about what your after in terms of shape and look .... I studied other women when I was out to see if I liked a bit if side boob or not...:) good luck xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 8th July 2013, 8:13 pm

I feel ur concerns, I have been through all this as well. I think I'm sorted and then read this and panic as my bigger size would be 14cm width and I am 13.5 bwd. If I go smaller I'm getting a slightly smaller width and height and v little less projection.  It is v hard not to question stuff in the build up. I get size wobbles all the time and having one again now. 
Maybe 360 is plenty enough! Am i being silly going for 410!! I have little breast tissue but have breast fed 2 boys. Hmmmm ahhhh!!!!
Xxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 8th July 2013, 8:45 pm

Specialkj i am the same, breast fed 2 hungry boys...and although i am an A cup now i was previously a C before pregnancy and D in pregnancy, so the skin certainly has stretched enough lol.  You must keep me posted and let me know what you decide!

i have just emailed surgeons secretary and asked for another appt next week, i am taking my husband again and also taking the tight rash vest i have to wear in the pool for my job to see how they look in that.  SO HARD!
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 8th July 2013, 9:10 pm

It is so hard but I have read that 30cc is 2 ounces so will not be a mass difference between the 2 sizes. 
My husband really doesn't want me to be disappointed so keeps saying 410 to me! 

I may email my secretary too, find out when they order the implants!!!

The whole bwd thing worries me as too!!! 

Good luck getting appt! I got my 360 rice boobies and I'm pretty happy with how they feel! But when I put 410 in, it just gives me that tiny bit more!
Xxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 8th July 2013, 9:25 pm

is there a special way to do the rice test or do you just stick it in some plastic freezer bags ?!

jenniferf1 i had to laugh at you saying about checking ladies boobies out, i am a swimming teacher - teach babies so their mums are in the pool with them so am surrounded by big breast feeding boobies everywhere - i got totally busted staring at a pair yesterday, she must have thought i was a total perv lol!
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 8th July 2013, 9:31 pm

jodi if you search rice boobs on here theres a great guide on how to make them, incl using bwd!

if you can't find it let me know x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 8th July 2013, 9:34 pm

My surgeon told me to use a measuring jug and measure out in ml the cc, then put in pop sock tie up, pat to shape, stick in bra, hey presto! 
The thing on here says to do by weight, when I googled this it did seem that others did by ml too, but this confused me also!!! Not sure how accurate it is. 

Ha ha that's so funny u checking out boobies! 

Anyway I'm ringing the secretary tomO to discuss my dilemmas! Xxxz
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 8th July 2013, 9:46 pm

cc's are equivilient to grams, so you can do it by weight. and ml is the same as well.

if you know the width of your implant, measure it out on a bit of thick paper or thin cardboard, pop that in the nylon sock or cut off tights, then pour in the rice, tie a knot that will imitate a nipple, and then pat into shape a bit. but the paper in diameter will help model the implant size better.
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th July 2013, 6:12 am

Haha I got busted a few times aswell! I was looking to see how women dressed them aswell because I've never had that problem so I did feel a bit pervy lol but all in the name of research!! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 9th July 2013, 8:56 am

Got an appt with surgeon next wed, hope to make a final decision!
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th July 2013, 9:09 am

Good idea :) let us know what you decide to do! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 18th July 2013, 7:23 am

Hi Jodioc, did you decide on what size you are going to have??? I am next week and keep worrying about it still!!!!
xxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 18th July 2013, 9:48 am

Hi Specialkj

i went for my third consult yesterday and have decided on the slightly bigger size 405cc :)

What helped MASSIVELY, was getting my husband to take some photos of me with the sizers on, in my tight swim top.

If i looked down on my boobs when wearing sizers, i still felt both sizes looked massive to be honest, but when i looked at the photos, from many different angles they looked fab - really in proportion and not half as big as they look, looking down - i guess you eyes and head need to get accustomed to what they are seeing, and takes a while for you to adjust!

so i would recommend taking some photos while you are in there :)
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th July 2013, 11:46 am

Glad you feel happier now hun and great tip! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 18th July 2013, 11:50 am

Thanks Jodioc, so glad you are happy and sorted with your decision!
I just keep having this ridiculous wobble, and think am decided then change my mind!  I am still down for the 410 at the moment.  Made some excellent rice boobies, and there isn't a huge difference between the 2 sizes so I shouldn't be stressing this much!!
xxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 18th July 2013, 11:51 am

I think that's a good tip! I went through my own sizing struggle and I think although its difficult, try not to focus on the CC's because unless you've asked for a fake look then they will be okay for your body so definitely choose the look that you like :) I did the same thing, tried some of my clothes on with the rice boobs too! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down