Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uplift before kids for mild ptosis? Worth it?

+3
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
LB1985
7 posters

Go down

Uplift before kids for mild ptosis? Worth it? Empty Uplift before kids for mild ptosis? Worth it?

Post by LB1985 6th July 2013, 5:36 pm

Hey girls,

So this week I saw Simon Withey and I'm going to see him again. I wasn't overawed by him but I think that his years of experience mean that he's worthwhile seriously considering for my BA. He said that to get a really good result an uplift would be best but we kind of discarded the idea as he agreed that not having kids yet may mean it wouldn't be worth it and maybe I should do in the future if I'm not looking for perfection. 

I've walked away and realised that the cost for uplift isn't that much more, it's like a grand max and although want to stay around the 5k mark, maybe for that bit extra I should consider it. I'd like kids in 3 years, but last year I said I wants kids this year and changed my mind so who knows what the future holds. I'm 27 right now but my partner is 35. 

He thinks I'd have good results from anatomical overs.

So.... Can any girls share their experiences? Is there any girls who have had mild ptosis, just had a BA and regretted it? And likewise are there girls who have had uplift and BA and still not happy with results? I'd assume that surgery as complex as this means there is more chance of wonkiness, different sized boobs etc?

Advise very appreciated :) xxx
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Uplift before kids for mild ptosis? Worth it? Empty Re: Uplift before kids for mild ptosis? Worth it?

Post by COOKIE 6th July 2013, 6:17 pm

I can't comment on anatomicals, but I had mild ptosis when I had my first BA and was never offered an uplift, I was given round implants to fill the slack and give the nipple a little lift - bad idea! I got an implant larger than I'd liked which was used to fill the slack and only a slight nipple raise and I couldn't wait to have them reduced - due to a rupture that happened earlier than expected i got the opportunity to put things right just 3 years later and I ended up paying for the uplift and making them smaller - they look soooo much better now.

I wish I'd done my research back then...

I've read that anatomical implants are very good for giving the nipple a natural lift and don't look give that full upper pole look if it takes more CCs to take up the slack so you still get a nice natural result from the anatomical, so your surgeon did give good advise.

I think though that it depends on you... You could have the lift now and have your 'dream boobs'.

Remember implants will generally need replacing around the 10 year mark and even if you have kids in a couple years, they aren't going to be around your knees over that time are they... You may get some natural sagging, but will still have a good bust.

Or you could not have the lift and still have some natural sagging and need further surgery anyway. So I suppose its whether you feel the extra money is worth it to you 'now' whilst you're young or whether you'd be happy to have the nipple lifted slightly with larger breasts and get your ideal boobs when you next feel you'd like to change your implants, or when you actually need to change your implants. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Uplift before kids for mild ptosis? Worth it? Empty Re: Uplift before kids for mild ptosis? Worth it?

Post by jenniferrf1 9th July 2013, 1:14 pm

Cookies advice above is excellent...couldn't add to that apart from that I can relate to you in some areas like im also having my BA before kids and that I had tuberous breasts. I have been told I will be ok to just have implants but was concerned about whether I would need a lift before my consultations.

I would say again... you will need to have them replaced around ten years so would you rather have your perfect boobs now? You never know how your body will react to having kids..you may have a change or no change at all and by that time you will soon be looking to have a reop?

I think if I was in your situation I would wait until next time to have the lift for the reasons above such as kids when that will be the time my body changes the most and im unsure what it will do to my boobs... unless it really bothers you that's what I would say! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by LB1985 9th July 2013, 3:12 pm

Hi girls, it's a tough one isn't it? I am going to ask Simon Withey what he would advise as we dismissed it at first but the more I think about it the more I think it might be nice for an extra grand (when I'm spending all that money anyway) to have a really nice shape. But I do need to speak to him to see if it really is worth it. I really dismissed it initially as the first PS I saw quoted me 8.5K as he didnt feel comfortable doing both surgeries together and I am not willing to spend that amount. I'll keep you updated and really appreciate you responding :) xx
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th July 2013, 3:21 pm

No problem, that's what were here for! It is a tough one definitely. Im looking forward to hearing what you decide! If he thinks it is will be good for you then its worth thinking about it again because like you said its worth spending the bit more to have the results your after :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by LB1985 9th July 2013, 3:45 pm

If it's minimal difference and I can get a really good result from anatomicals then I think I'll go with those. I will find out when I next see him. I am still going to see the other surgeon, the one who has recommended rounds and lowering the breast crease and need to discuss the whole double bubble thing with him. Then I can hopefully make a decision. xx
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 9th July 2013, 4:01 pm

Are going to see him again LB? are you booked in yet? X
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by LB1985 9th July 2013, 4:21 pm

Hi melstar82 - yeah I'm going to see him again at the beginning of august. Could have got an earlier date but it's really hard with work and I have to keep taking holiday days for the travel which isn't ideal. I figure if I take holiday days now then maybe after for my check ups work may let me take the time off. I don't know though. I've been given some provisional dates in October so I might book one as I've done that with the other surgeon too. I'll feel terrible when I have to let one down though. No idea what I'll say : s xx
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 12th July 2013, 3:47 pm

I know Lisa had extra high profile anatomicals to fill out excess skin and avoid an uplift and is very happy with her results however having seeing uplift scars that are fully healed they're barely noticeable so personally I think if you think you'll get a better result from an uplift then go for it xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 24th July 2013, 7:54 am

I went with the hospital group and paid 5595 and they did the procedure all in one go its worth looking around and finding what suits you , some places are soon expensive , I don't see why there is such dramatic pricing differencing x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 24th July 2013, 7:59 am

Hi huni x I had ptosis, I had breast fed 7 children! I didn't have an uplift this time, I had 325cc anatomical unders. My surgeon didn't feel an uplift was needed, as using anatomicals would correct the ptosis I had xx

Do you have any other consultations with any other surgeons booked?
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down