Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

binder strap?

+5
BetterThanToast
jenniferrf1
Sezbaby2
Charlii
zoemylie
9 posters

Go down

binder strap?  Empty binder strap?

Post by zoemylie 3rd July 2013, 4:40 pm

Hi ladies hope you are all well, :) quick question.
how long did you generally  have to wear the  binder strap for those of you  that had to wear one? Mine is huge and very tight cant wait to just be wearing a sports bra! Im 5 days po and Im seeing surgon tomoz. Really hoping he says I can take it off! or is that whishfull thinking lol xx
zoemylie
zoemylie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

binder strap?  Empty Re: binder strap?

Post by Charlii 3rd July 2013, 4:49 pm

Hi Zoe. I have to wear mine for 6wks under my sports bra (10 days to go!!), but every surgeon is different. I'm sure he'll let you know! There are loads of tips to making it more comfy though, cotton wool pads, panty liners, just to pad out the tight bits!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 3rd July 2013, 4:50 pm

I didn't wear one but my friend said hers was painful! 
As they say no pain no gain xx
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 3rd July 2013, 5:03 pm

Aww Zoe fingers crossed  your be allowed to have it off soon, im pre BA but wont be given one im pretty sure but have heard that they are uncomfortable things!! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by BetterThanToast 3rd July 2013, 5:09 pm

I'm also pre ba but at my pre-op yesterday they told me that I would be having a binder and that it will be very tight, they also said that some women complain of tight chest while wearing it :(

I was under the impression that the longest I would be wearing this would be at my one week post op check but I may be wrong.

The binder sounds uncomfy :(
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 3rd July 2013, 6:21 pm

why do you wear a binder strap, and why do some people wear one and some not?
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 3rd July 2013, 6:39 pm

Its normally the surgeons preference why some have binders and others not. Im not having one so havnt looked in to them but I think they are meant to hold the boobs down. Some girls who have had it will be along soon to answer your question from experience! :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by zoemylie 3rd July 2013, 8:18 pm

hi ladies thanks for the replys, wow 6 weeks hun thats a long time i feel for u!  feel like I wanna rip mine off now and its only day 5 lol! please tell me you just get used to it in the end? lol
And its uncomfortable and mine is really big so its hard to hide under clothes!
Not sure why some women have to wear one and others dont I think like u said its just surgeons choice, he said as it was under the muscle he wanted to keep implants as steady and still as possible while they heal and to help hold them down and in the right place an encorage them to drop quicker? Xxx
zoemylie
zoemylie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 4th July 2013, 12:02 am

zoemylie wrote:I think like u said its just surgeons choice, he said as it was under the muscle he wanted to keep implants as steady and still as possible while they heal and to help hold them down and in the right place an encorage them to drop quicker? Xxx

exactly right hun, its to encourage them to drop, and especially if you're under the muscle and and the muscles are quite tight, some surgeons just prefer using them!

i'm having to wear mine for 6 weeks too (and my sports bra for 3 months in total)! its fairly tight but on day 12 now i can say i really have gotten used to it. it was more the macom bra i was battling with and had to pad it with cotton wool pads, but the binder and sportsbra in combination do make them feel all strapped up and secure and i worry less :)

of course i look forward to my shower when i can take it all off for a little while, but YES you do get used to it!

def check at your appointment tomorrow how long you need to wear it for, and also if you have been wearing it right or if you would be able to loosen it just a tiny bit. 

all in the name of boobies :) x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 4th July 2013, 8:10 am

Mine were super tight the first couple weeks, and it did kinda tighten my chest (in a sense of getting out of breath very quickly). I also found out at my 1wk I was wearing it wrong, which was why it was chaffing my p underarms. Once you get the knack of putting it on right, its much more comfortable and bearable.

I have 2, wash one wear one. One of them is bigger than the other, but no ones noticed it, and people are far too busy with themselves to question it!

I think now that im nearly at the other end and have gotten used to wearing it, the biggest pain is what its doing to my skin. I try and leave it off for a while every night to let the skin breath. It'll be so nice when I can let them (semi)free!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 4th July 2013, 9:47 am

i have two as well, and i think i'm wearing them just like the nurse at the hospital put it on me for the first time, but it is really high under my underarms.. 
i have a check up with the nurse later today so guess i'll find out!
i'm like you charlii, loove letting my skin breathe for a little while after the shower... x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 4th July 2013, 12:30 pm

I've been in mine since last Wednesday and had one week post op today and can now only have to wear the bra :) x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 4th July 2013, 12:31 pm

I also had uplift and implants x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 4th July 2013, 12:34 pm

And I own 5 of them I brought on and got given four at the hospital lol x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by zoemylie 4th July 2013, 1:03 pm

yes im the same I soo look forward to having a shower so I can breathe for a while! 

Lol good to hear that you do get used to them if I have to keep it on longer! Im really hoping when I have my 1week check later on today that I can take it of but I know that some of you had ro wear it for the full 6 weeks so I wont be too upset if I have to. my appointment is quite late at 6 today so will have to wait untill then! Hoping that everything is healing as it should be!

Do they take all the dressings off at the week check?  im dreading it coz they are so tightly stuck down worried its gunna hurt when they rip em off! 

Ah sophia thays good that u now only have to wear the bra bet its a relief! I was only given one band so if I have to wear it for longer im hoping he will give me another one! If not where did u buy your one from? Xxx
zoemylie
zoemylie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 4th July 2013, 1:43 pm

I brought it from the hospital group online shop if u google it will come up :) x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 4th July 2013, 4:09 pm

i think macom medical also have them on their website and if you type mybreast into the promo code box you get 15% off.

but i also have the hospital group ones and think they're great (as great as a binder can be i suppose!) x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louann17 4th July 2013, 5:38 pm

Oh girls. I feel your pain. Mines on for 6 weeks too! But hey no pain no gain, all on the way to beautiful boobies! Xx
louann17
louann17
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 4th July 2013, 8:09 pm

I wonder why only had to wear mine for a week x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 5th July 2013, 12:46 am

hey sophia, maybe its because you had an uplift, and the binders over time are meant to keep things down? x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down