Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for recommendations for Glasgow Surgeon

+2
tinkerbell24
CavaLady
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for recommendations for Glasgow Surgeon  Empty Looking for recommendations for Glasgow Surgeon

Post by CavaLady 16th June 2013, 10:47 pm

Hi,I just joined this site yesterday,.really really want a BA.after having 3 kids,I'm pretty much deflated.seperated from hubby in nov,& would love to feel feminine again.so self conscious,I even hate looking at myself naked.i also lost about 4 stone in last couple of yrs,& I'm pretty happy with my body otherwise.im 5ft5(& a half),about 8st 12,& a size 8.ive not measured boobs for a long time,but am still wearing my bras from before,which are all greatly padded,or gel filled.went to an open evening at La Belle Forme in Glasgow a few months ago,which I felt was very sales orientated,& I felt a bit like they were trying to herd everyone in like cattle.years ago,I had a really bad experience with Transform,for another procedure,& I swore that I'd never use them again.i saw a few people mention Ben Chew.does he work from Rosshall,or just Nuffield?Rosshall is pretty near me,& I always get flustered driving to Nuffield.i would like a natural look,& don't want the skin to look really stretched & tight.if u get a natural look,do they droop after a while?im 100% doing this,& am looking for some good advice.ive got tons of questions.ive been reading a lot of different posts on here tonight,and everyone seems to know all about overs/unders/cc's etc..it feels like theres so much to take in.would appreciate all your views.im hoping to book an appointment this week,as I'm desperate to get the ball rolling.thanks xx
CavaLady
CavaLady
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Looking for recommendations for Glasgow Surgeon  Empty Re: Looking for recommendations for Glasgow Surgeon

Post by tinkerbell24 16th June 2013, 10:51 pm

hi welcome

im sure that ben chew is nuffield

i had my surgery done with mr arup ray at the rosshall but he has now moved to manchester even though hes still showing on their website

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here is a link to rosshall i see that ben chew is on there

xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Looking for recommendations for Glasgow Surgeon  Empty Re: Looking for recommendations for Glasgow Surgeon

Post by CavaLady 17th June 2013, 8:25 am

Thanks,I'll just go and check that out just now..can I ask if u went directly to the surgeon,or through a company like Transform?i was just wondering if the aftercare is different,depending which you choose.Also,how much did u pay?Although,I guess it depends on the type of implant,which I'm still not sure of all the different types,and why some people choose to get a certain type.I think I've got a lot to learn!x
CavaLady
CavaLady
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 17th June 2013, 10:38 am

hi i went to a few clinics but then wanted the surgeon i had and he is private and also i managed to change my aftercare to a much longer than a clinic, i kinda tailor made it to suit me if that makes sense

I paid £4700 but when my surgeon moved to manchester he gave me back £700 and he is helping towards my flights to manchester for my reop xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CavaLady 17th June 2013, 8:29 pm

I phoned Rosshall & Nuffield today,but mr chew is on annual leave for 4 wks!!i made an appointment to see a cosmetic surgery nurse,at Nuffield,who will answer any general questions I have,then have an appt with mr chew on 22nd July at Nuffield.i was told that it's £120 for consultation,& £3499 for round Nagor Implants(which they said are the most popular),& £4800 for teardrop implant.i wish I could get an appointment sooner,but I guess it'll give me more time to research all the different options,& spend a lot more time on here asking questions!did u have an op that u weren't happy with,hence the re op?thats a pity,but at least your surgeon is being understanding.x x
CavaLady
CavaLady
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 17th June 2013, 8:54 pm

Yeah just hard cause im seeing him alot and booked in for reop

4 weeks hol lol auch ur aswell to wait. what about the new company in glasgow notjing wrong seeing a surgeon there while u wait xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 17th June 2013, 8:55 pm

Def see at least 3 surgeons xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 17th June 2013, 9:06 pm

Its called elanic. not sure how gd they are but no harm trying xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 17th June 2013, 10:50 pm

Is elanic the clinic that actually has the theatre in it for surgery?  

Cavalady - I am getting done next Tues at the Nuffield under Mr Shoaib from La Belle Forme.  Thats ashame you weren't impressed at the open night.  The reason I decided to go with him is because he is BAAPS and BAPRAS registered.  He has a lot of positive reviews.  I had my consultation with him and he was great.  Totally knew what I was looking for, answered my million and one questions and gave it the personal touch.  Also he has been very accommodating re: my surgery date.  I never attended the open evening but from my point of view I have never felt that they have pressured me into anything. (Just my opinion though yes)

I hope you find someone you are happy with soon xxx
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 17th June 2013, 11:43 pm

Just had a nosey at the elanic website.Looks impressive, they do there BA under sedation/ local anaesthetic,so no GA and you can go home a few hours after surgery, stitches are covered by glue and waterproof dressings so can shower next day.Surgeons cv is impressive BAPRAS/BAAPS member does breast reconstruction within the NHS. Going to keep this in mind for when mine need re-done in future. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 18th June 2013, 8:13 am

yeah but u can have it done in rosshall or the nuffield too. looks a good place def worth an appointment xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CavaLady 18th June 2013, 8:59 am

Thanks,I'll call Elanic & make an appt.sounds interesting that u don't need a general anaesthetic-why do all surgeons not offer that option?
Midgiebites -I got to see mr Shoaib for a quick free 10 min consultation,as everyone was on a lst to see him.I thought he was very nice,& I know from different sites,that people recommend him,but it was just the whole sales talk before & after,that made me feel a bit uneasy.Perhaps if I saw him directly,it would be better.where did you go to see him?was it in the Glasgow clinic?or Nuffield?good luck for tues.let me know how you get on.what are you getting?it all sounds very complex,with people talking about unders/sizes/fluffing?hopefully I'll get up to speed with all the different specifications.there seems to be a lot of choice!!-
Tinkerbell- I'm going to try and see a few different surgeons,but not sure if I can afford to pay £120+ for each appointment.I'm really appreciating all the advice from everyone though! Xx
CavaLady
CavaLady
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 18th June 2013, 9:28 am

Hi, a lot of surgeons work from various places , like Ben Chew check to see if they work for transform and go for consultations there which are free, you can then if you don't want to go with transform have your op with the surgeon with one of the other places that they work from saving you having to pay for consultation this could save you abit of money. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by CavaLady 18th June 2013, 10:49 am

Thanks,that sounds like a good idea.ive made an appointment for thurs with Elanic.the appointment is free!looking forward to getting the ball rolling,although will feel bit awkward with someone staring at my boobs & discussing them,when I usually do everything to avoid people looking there.im sure I'll take a Beamer,but will just need to think of the end goal.
CavaLady
CavaLady
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CavaLady 18th June 2013, 11:09 am

Just booked an appt (free) with Ben Chew through Transform,tried to book one with Taimur Shoaib,but there is a charge to see him.i think that's his own clinic he set up,so I don't imagine he does work for anyone else,apart from nhs.
CavaLady
CavaLady
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 18th June 2013, 11:18 am

Dr shoaib defo works for nhs. He was working yesterday whilst I had my apt but im sure he works privately too x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 18th June 2013, 11:37 am

sometimes these free appintmnts seem lik here with surgeons but when u get there its with a sales person. ur better to save and spend the money to see surgeons. it may take a few months longer but u do get a good surgeon etc xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 18th June 2013, 7:31 pm

I seen Mr Shoaib at his La Belle Forme Clinic in Glasgow hun.  I have my sizing appt tomorrow but he thought the 300 or 330 nagor impleo high profile partials would be best for me (taking into account my measurements and what I was looking for).  It all sounds really complicated but read through the general information part on the forum and it really helps explain things.  I don't know if he works at transform or anywhere like that because he has his own clinics but I think that brings his overall cost for the procedure down as he doesn't have such a high marketing strategy.  I am paying £3499 for the surgery and aftercare and I was £100 for a consultation with him. xxx
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 18th June 2013, 7:48 pm

I know someone who went with transform and had op with Ben Chew operation was at Ross Hall, she recommended that you don't wear a low cut top to consultation as she came out covered in pen marking from all the different measurements he took,consultation was free ,think she saw a patient coordinator first the Ben  xXX.
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 18th June 2013, 9:14 pm

lol imagine it no hiding that haha x
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 19th June 2013, 1:21 am

Ah no said she looked like someone had drawn a road map on her chest. X
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee 21st June 2013, 1:04 pm

I can vouch for this as I went with Ben Chew and left my consultation with pen marks all the way up to my neck! Getting into a car with someone who didn't know what surgery I was planning after it was a bit awkward haha! xx
bumblebee
bumblebee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 21st June 2013, 1:44 pm

Bumblebee your avi is fab! Have only heard good things about Ben, definatley on my list of surgeons next time my boobs need done along with Tamiur Shoaib . XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee 21st June 2013, 8:14 pm

Ben is lovely and completely listened to what I wanted and gave me it! Id definitely recommend him. Loving your avi too! xx
bumblebee
bumblebee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by CavaLady 22nd June 2013, 12:11 pm

Went toElanic on Thursday.saw Mr Vivek Sivarajan.he was nice enough.turns out that my left boob has tuber..(sorry can't remember the term) Which means its a weird shape!i always just thought it was just a bit smaller,but when I looked at it from the front, on photo he took,it was ridiculously obvious.he recommended the teardrop implants,& asked me to put on an unflattering sports bra,& put some different sizes of fillers in.he gave me 2 for each side,(one big,& one small,to go in front of other one)I couldn't really get them to mould ino a smooth shape,so I had a kind of 1960's pointy boob look going on!he said because of my sllim frame,that I wold probably feel the implant underneath.is that normal?I'm not that slim!size 8,but still got a wee tum,plenty of toning up needed.he also said that I wouldn't be very symmetrical.to be honest,I was a bit disappointed with the appointment.i didn't really like the feel of the place-a bit too clinical,and didn't really click with the surgeon.he also said that I could just get it done under local anaesthetic,& go home after a few hours!Seemed a bit strange to have major surgery,and only get a local.im definitely going to go and see Ben Chew.ive heard so many good things about him.
The guy I'm seeing thinks I'm mad to be considering this,he said the usual,'I love you just the way you are'.does everyone else's partners think this?hes actually quite against it,but it's something I really want to do.x
CavaLady
CavaLady
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next