Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried breast implant is moving into armpit?...

+7
mcguinness1
katealex3
em_stevo
RoxyChick
misf1
annabov
rosannamay
11 posters

Go down

Worried breast implant is moving into armpit?... Empty Worried breast implant is moving into armpit?...

Post by rosannamay 21st June 2009, 5:19 pm

Another worry! Maybe i'm just scrutinizing them and I know i'm only 12 days post op too, but i'm a bit concerned about my right boob.
I first thought that it was just my right boob settling quicker than the left, but my left boob now seems to be settling and is settling downwards, whereas my right seems to be settling more to the right.
On my right boob, there's more side-boob (like under my armpit) and there is a greater gap from the middle of my chest to my right boob than there is from the middle to my left boob, as if it's working itself towards my armpit? I don't know if that'll make any sense, but i'm really concerned about it!! I think I might email my surgeon to check if it's ok...Has anyone else ever had this in their recovery?

I just really want to be reassured it's normal....it just looks like my right boobs about half a cm further over to the right of my body..!

Any comments would be great. i'm worried now :pale:
xxxxxx
rosannamay
rosannamay
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Worried breast implant is moving into armpit?... Empty Re: Worried breast implant is moving into armpit?...

Post by annabov 21st June 2009, 5:46 pm

Hi rosannamay

Sorry I can' help much with the problem that you are having but just thought i'd say 'Hi' as we had our BA on the same day and wondered how you are doing in general now that you are on da 12 ?

I'm doing ok, not been in much pain just some discomfort now in the mornings when getting up or if i take my sports bra off for a bit they feel heavy like they might fall out ! Sorry to hear that one seems to be going to the right a bit, keep your bra on and hopefully with time it will go down, it could still be swollen inside, I know mine are .. well I hope they are as they still look like airbags at the moment!?

I've got some rippling which is making me unhappy so i'm also going to get in touch with my ps and see what he says about it .. blimey, I never imagined I'd be this neurotic over my boobs .. I just thought I'd get them done and that would be the end of it ... now I'm like a wierdo getting them out all day and analysing them !! lol

Let us know how you get on after emailing your ps.

Good luck hon

Anna x
annabov
annabov
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Worried breast implant is moving into armpit?... Empty Re: Worried breast implant is moving into armpit?...

Post by misf1 21st June 2009, 6:02 pm

hi hun, had a similar thing, I had swelling on my left boob towards the side and almost under my arm pit. I thought my implant was trying to escape under there, and my right had no swelling there at all. But it settled after about 2-3 weeks and my implant is fine. So could just be swelling dropping and healing at different times on each boob. But if u are worried you can email your p/s a picture or go to your clinic to see a nurse if you cant see you p/s.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannamay 21st June 2009, 6:08 pm

Hey hun,
I know exactly what you mean about being neurotic - everyday when I get out of the shower I study them from every angle, ha!
It's annoying for you that you've noticed some rippling, whereabouts is it? Really hope they'll be something you can do about it. I wish my surgeon just lived with me for the recovery period so he could answer all the questions I have and tell me everything was fine!!

I'm the same with the discomfort in the mornings, and I feel like they're more swollen in the evenings too. Know what you mean about them feeling like they're going to fall out when your not wearing your sports bra too!! Feels so weird!
But apart from that they feel fine, I feel less like I have to treat them like glass too, they're starting to feel like mine. Except now i'm worried as i feel like there's something wrong with my right one. I'm hoping i'm just looking at them too much - all the girls on here always say not to look at them and judge them too much at these early stages, but it's so hard not too!
It just feels like my right boob needs to be pushed over a bit towards the middle. But maybe it's just the left hasn't settled and that one has...oh i don't know! But i've just emailed my ps so hopefully he'll shed some light on it.
The thought of a re-op cos something is wrong just makes me feel a bit sick.
It feels as though these boobs are just ruling my life at the moment - i'm so desperate to get back to normality now.

Mine are still airbag looking too at the mo haha! Different bits of each boob feel swollen still, but I can tell they're changing lots.

Can't believe it's nearly been 2 weeks already?!
Crazy!xxxxxx
rosannamay
rosannamay
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannamay 21st June 2009, 6:13 pm

Misf, that's exactly what mine feels like too!! Like it's trying to escape round the side or something.
It just seems like that as it seems so much further across my body than my left is. Like it's been placed too far over or something.
Do you think it's normal when your healing for there to be an un-even distance between your boobs in the centre of your chest? The gap between the centre and my right boob seems huge and my left is just right.

So hard trying to describe things!! ha!
But thanks for writing - I hope it's similar to yours and it's just swollen.
xxxx
rosannamay
rosannamay
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st June 2009, 6:23 pm

Cause you had partials it could be your muscle on your right holding the implant down a bit more than the left. Are you right handed? I've been really weird with healing between each boob one min they seem close together the next far apart, either that or I'm going cross eyed looking at them all the time. I would see what you p/s says but think your still in the swelling and healing stage. It sounds similar to mine. Try not to worry.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannamay 21st June 2009, 6:30 pm

I think i'm going cross-eyed looking at them all the time too.
I need to stop judging them so much - I will drive myself crazy!
I'm left-handed, but have been trying to do as much as possible with my right-hand the last couple of days as I thought my right had dropped more. ha! The things we do for our new boobies.
Thanks for your advice - I'll try not to worry so much.
And i'll try to stop looking at/prodding them! :oops:

xxxxx
rosannamay
rosannamay
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st June 2009, 6:36 pm

You wont be able to stop looking and prodding, trust me it's impossible. But if you do notice something and they look uneven try to think or it as just swelling and it will go down. Look at each boob as an individual. They will decide to look more or less the same in a few weeks. 👍
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 21st June 2009, 7:05 pm

Hey lovely,

When will you see your PS next? you're so early on in the healing stages, so I really would try not to worry too much about little flaws here and there.

I tried to ignore my boobs, as I would have happily sat there every day noticing little changes and flaws... but it will settle eventually. I'm so happy with mine now, but I did worry about them looking too high, then too low, then one nipple bigger than the other, then one boob sitting over a little bit more... but they've really settled now.

If it worries you then mention it to your nurse/PS for your checkup so he's aware you're unhappy about it, then you can monitor the situation as needed.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 21st June 2009, 7:10 pm

Hiya hun Roxy is right, you are still early days. I felt exactly the same and i was thinking that the implant had rotated slightly causing it to stick out more to the side but over time and as they settled they have both evened out lovely. It may be the way the muscles are holding them in that one is different to the other, just try not to concentrate too much on them for the moment. I know its hard but they do change loads. If you are really concerned then maybe speak to your ps just for peace of mind, xxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannamay 21st June 2009, 7:16 pm

Hey hun, i'm not seeing him until 3 months now (which is Sept) - for some reason he doesn't do 6 week checkups so I saw a nurse when I had my stitches out at 1 week and was given the all clear and now I won't see him until then. But he has said if I have a worry about anything just to phone and he'll see me at any time.

I think I need to try and ignore mine too - just as you did. Seems like a much better idea. I just love how my left one looks SO much and my right looks horrible/wonky/weird!!
But I know i'm only 12 days in, and they've changed so much already and they'll change again. It's just such a big difference in position, and I look at it and it seems so noticable to me. I need to stop worrying!!

Thanks for your post Roxy - your right and I will try my best to stop scrutinizing them! I'm just so desperate for them to look 'normal'!

xxxxxx
rosannamay
rosannamay
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannamay 21st June 2009, 7:22 pm

em_stevo wrote:Hiya hun Roxy is right, you are still early days. I felt exactly the same and i was thinking that the implant had rotated slightly causing it to stick out more to the side but over time and as they settled they have both evened out lovely. It may be the way the muscles are holding them in that one is different to the other, just try not to concentrate too much on them for the moment. I know its hard but they do change loads. If you are really concerned then maybe speak to your ps just for peace of mind, xxxx

You've hit the nail on the head - that's exactly what it looks like!!
You girls have already put my mind so much more at ease, it's so hard to think of them as two different operations but you really do need to think of them as that.
It's so easy to think that somethings wrong - I just can't help but look at them all the time.
xxxxx
rosannamay
rosannamay
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 21st June 2009, 7:32 pm

rosannamay wrote:I'm just so desperate for them to look 'normal'!

Trust me lovely, I remember the feeling of just wanting them to settle! And QUICK! it does happen eventually though, I suppose patience isn't one of my strongest personailty traits!

rosannamay wrote:It's so easy to think that somethings wrong - I just can't help but look at them all the time.

I still can't stop groping mine... even at work!!!! Blush Blush

Hysterical
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Worried breast implant is moving into armpit?... Empty I've got the same thing!

Post by katealex3 21st June 2009, 7:45 pm

Hi

I've got the same thing where my right boob has less volume at the front and more at the side and feels like it needs pushing slightly more over towards the middle of my chest.

I'm almost 5 weeks post of and am convinced it is something to do with my muscle pushing implant down and outwards as I am right handed and had unders.

I am seeing my PS on Tuesday to discuss my concerns and will let you know how I get on. I too love my left boob but right one just doesn't look or feel right and when I press on anything my right implant moves a lot more than my left. My right boob is also a lot softer than my left so could all be to do with the settling process but I do need PS to monitor this as if it is permenant I want a re op to put it right!!!

Will keep you updated hun and can you let me know what your PS says also?
Hopefully we will both be fine when our boobies have had time to heal fully. Hug
Kate xx
katealex3
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by mcguinness1 21st June 2009, 7:49 pm

Hiya,

I also have this with my right boob feeling like it's under my arm- I mentioned this to the nurse when I went for the dressings removed and she said when massaging your boobs, put your hands on the sides of them as if your are trying to squeeze them together while pushing your hands forwards in front of you (side massage)- if that makes any sense! Would be easier if I could show you but obviously I can't lol!

Anyway, been doing this for two weeks now and I think they have gradually come closer together and I can feel it a bit less under my arm now xx
mcguinness1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 21st June 2009, 7:51 pm

Mine felt like they were right under my armpits in the early post op days because of all the swelling, give it a few weeks to settle and they should feel more normal by then x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 21st June 2009, 9:23 pm

The ladies are right hun, its so early on and so easy to sit and look at them all day and pick out every fault! lol but you have so many changes to come, what roxy said is right try to ignore them for a few weeks.

Mine looked and felt so strange at first but now they have settled they feel like part of me and i love them, try not to worry hun.

xxx
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 22nd June 2009, 9:02 pm

Hi rosannamay

I also feel like one of mine is slightly further over - it's my rightie and as I'm right-handed I've been assuming it was something to do with the stronger muscle. When I press down, my right implant moves quite a bit whereas my leftie barely moves. I'm trying to use my left hand a lot more for everything!

I showed it to JM when I saw him at 9 weeks po (I saw him earlier as I had the same worry as you) and he was happy and said to give it time. I can tell it's changing and settling now and is gradually getting better - it's only noticeable when naked and probably only by me as I'm a perfectionist! Think it's just stubborn!!!

So give it time - definitely go and show him and say exactly how you feel otherwise you'll just worry, but you might need to be patient. A lifetime of favouring one side of your body has got to make a difference when you have implants put it...

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 22nd June 2009, 9:04 pm

PS - I can tell it was slower to drop as the scar has only just gone into the crease properly on that side - had to wait 4 months for that! So I'm thinking in another couple of months I should be nice and even :o)

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by zobubly 23rd June 2009, 3:23 pm

HI!
i am going through the same thing! i am 22 days post op (i think) and my leftie is still swollen and pulling over to undermy armpit. my scar is up on my boob so i know its all just swelling. BUT i am worried because i dont understand why it is still so swollen!?
i spoke with my nurse and she advised me that it is all probably the healing process. i hate looking at them in the mirror as they look so odd. my right is lovely and rounded and look ave. but leftie is well.....?? i have pics on picturetrail if you wanna have a peek. PM me if you want the details.
xx
zobubly
zobubly
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannamay 25th June 2009, 11:53 am

I'm so glad it's not just me having this problem - I really thought they might have placed the pocket too far over and that it was going to settle there!
But after reading all your comments, I feel like it's much more 'normal' and it's just swelling and it'll settle more towards the middle in time.
I emailed my surgeon and he always said it'll just be because the healing is happening slightly different on one side to the other and it's completely normal. He also said to pop in to see him if I still feel worried but after reading all your comments I feel much better.

zobubly wrote:
i hate looking at them in the mirror as they look so odd. my right is lovely and rounded and look ave. but leftie is well.....??

Me too!! I absolutely hate looking at them in the mirror...they look so weird! I just can't wait for them to catch up with each other, but by the sounds of it i'm going to have to wait months and months for this. I'm just ridiculously impatient.
Carrie - it's reassuring to know you've had the thing as we have the same surgeon, and when you went to see him about it he said it was fine. It's just weird on mine as it's the boob that's settled slightly more thats moved over and my other is just really pert and high but perfectly placed ha!
I'm just going to leave them to it...!!

xxxxxx
rosannamay
rosannamay
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down