Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise at 6 week post op point?

+4
Princess_x
Victoria2345
Lisa34
eddy787
8 posters

Go down

Exercise at 6 week post op point? Empty Exercise at 6 week post op point?

Post by eddy787 3rd June 2013, 8:16 pm

Evening ladies,
Just wondering how much exercise is recommended/ok at 6 week point? I've been told no sports until 6 weeks and that gym will be ok at that point by PCC, but how much is ok or is it a case of listen to your body and see how I'm healing? I'm wanting to sign up for a 40 mile bike ride for the 6 week point so not high impact at all but is this too much too soon? Is 6 weeks just simply too early days? (I'm used to doing bike rides so this is one of the shorter distances).
Be great to hear what you post op ladies were able to do at 6 week point and what opinions are? I've seen some photos at 6 week point and since you can start massaging bio oil at this point, I am thinking it should be ok? But obviously don't want to cause any issues in recovery....
Thank you! :-) xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Exercise at 6 week post op point? Empty Re: Exercise at 6 week post op point?

Post by Lisa34 3rd June 2013, 8:21 pm

I was given the all clear to return to gentle exercise at 6 weeks and build up from there, so I would say a 40 mile bike ride is probably a no no. But I guess it depends on the person and the post op care that has been advised x can you email your surgeon and ask him? As for the bio oil, I started at 6 weeks, did a couple of weeks then forgot, my scars look great, really flat and faded x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 3rd June 2013, 8:26 pm

Im pre ba but I defo wouldn't recommend doing a 40mile bike ride. It'll be too much for you too soon x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 3rd June 2013, 8:45 pm

I was told 12 weeks. I don't do any exercise of any sort lol or go to the gym or anything, my only exercise is dancing all hours on a night out, but I couldn't do that comfortably until around 4 months post op x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 3rd June 2013, 8:50 pm

Hiya, I went back to the gym at 6 weeks, did some speed walking, cycling and the cross trainer and I found my upper body ached some days if I went to hard, especially after some gentle running.
I would say 40 miles at 6weeks would be too soon hun, personally my upper body wouldn't have been stoing enough to take the strain from the handlebars so soon after! But I'm no pro cyclist! ;)
Xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 3rd June 2013, 10:20 pm

Thanks for the input girls, sounds like I better take it easy and not risk it, especially if it took up to 4 months to feel comfortable dancing! Will delay it, cheers! :-) xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th June 2013, 4:55 am

Even though you get the all clear to get back to normality at 6 - 12 weeks post-op depending on your surgeons approval, that's not to say your body is ready for it and it takes time to get back to the fitness levels that you were at pre-op.

Many ladies do jump right in at we're they were pre-op only to find they've set their recovery back again due to over doing things.

So slow and steady is the key babe... I'd personally give this bike ride a miss at 6 weeks, purely because you won't have trained for it and your body won't be prepared for it hun.

Bio-oil generally gets the all clear to be used depending on healing again. This can be at 4, 6 or 12 weeks. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 4th June 2013, 9:34 am

Good post eddy, I was wondering how everyone found exercise at the 6 week mark. I was hoping I could go back to my usual activities but now I'm thinking I may need to readjust my plans and find some gentler activities. x
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 4th June 2013, 9:28 pm

Thanks Cookie, always such good advice! Will defo cancel the bike ride, I don't want to cause problems for myself, so will give myself more time :-) xxx

Ray, like you I was hoping after the 6 week point I could go back to usual activities. I keep forgetting I need to avoid some of the usual stuff, not just sports, but events too, I need to put reminders in my diary!!

Thanks for all your thoughts girls! xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 4th June 2013, 9:35 pm

I went back after both ops at 6 weeks but I have had to start off very slowly after both ops and take it easy.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down