Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can I / can't I do until 6 weeks?

+8
Boodreams
Blueeyedsoul13
xlaurenx
Lisa34
kay
COOKIE
Nicole
Redtulip123
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What can I / can't I do until 6 weeks? Empty What can I / can't I do until 6 weeks?

Post by Redtulip123 1st April 2013, 2:44 pm

I was just wondering if there is a thread listing some of the things we should not do until after the 6 week mark. I will be 2 weeks post ba tomorrow and feel pretty normal. I know I can't Hoover, no heavy lifting and no gym (I'm not even allowed to go on a walk
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

What can I / can't I do until 6 weeks? Empty Re: What can I / can't I do until 6 weeks?

Post by Nicole 1st April 2013, 2:52 pm

erm, i think submerging the incisions in water is another that has to wait until 6 weeks or all clear from surgeon x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

What can I / can't I do until 6 weeks? Empty Re: What can I / can't I do until 6 weeks?

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2013, 3:00 pm

Who advised no walking hun?

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 1st April 2013, 3:16 pm

My surgeon. I specifically asked the question as I usually walk a lot. He said no walking for 2 weeks other than pottering about. Then he gave an example that if I worked I could get bus to work and just walk from bus stop to work. That it! He agrees he is conservative about this but is adamant about it! Depending on the persons job he would make them have 6 weeks off too. ie if you were a nurse or worked in childcare ( i suppose where lifting nay be involved) its 6 weeks off!! Was hoping to go for dog walks with hubby holding the lead but its not to be. Am getting so bored at home!
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2013, 3:49 pm

Blimey! We've had many if Mr Mahdis patients through here and you're the first I've ever heard of with a 'no walking' ban.

What if your work was a fifteen minute walk or more after getting off the bus? Which is very common shrug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 1st April 2013, 3:54 pm

Mr Mahdi did my first Ba. It's a different surgeon this time. I'm going to have to do some walking as even if I drive kids to school I have to walk from where we can park. Plus I'll go nuts staying in so a potter round the shops is going to have to come in to it at some point!!
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2013, 4:20 pm

This may be something you might want to discuss with him again babe. Walking after surgery does help to reduce the risk of DVT after surgery so its important to be up and mobile when you can and rest when needed.

None of us are ready for brisk walks around the park for a week or two, but gentle walks up the road and building yourself up gently and listening to your body is actually proven to be best for you.

I'm no surgeon of course but take a look through information from the NHS:

Walking is an excellent way to gently re-build fitness levels. Try to include a couple of walks a day in to your routine gradually increasing the distance and speed that you walk.

Source HERE

And here from the NHS

Research shows the earlier you get out of bed and start walking, eating and drinking after your operation, the better

Source HERE

And this from UW Health

Walking promotes the flow of oxygen throughout your body and maintains normal breathing function. It also strengthens your muscle tone. Gastrointestinal and urinary tract function are improved by walking. These body systems are slowed down after surgery. Walking also improves blood flow and speeds wound healing.

Failure to walk may cause increased constipation and gas pain, weakness, less power to fight infections, and puts you at a higher risk for blood clots and lung problems such as pneumonia. Prolonged bed rest may also increase the risk for skin breakdown and pressure sores.

Source HERE

I could go on and on babe, but its proven that's not good for you to do very little after surgery so the advise is very confusing.

I'd personally ask why given that is proven to get yourself up and mobile after surgery that he wants you to so little?

Maybe your surgeon thought you meant going on long walks early post-op and pushing yourself do you think?

Im not for one moment suggesting you ignore your surgeons instructions. of course you should ALWAYS follow the instruction given to YOU. just question why hun. x
Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 1st April 2013, 4:31 pm

Thanks Cookie, think I'd better clarify exactly what he means. I love walking and really miss it so a short leisurely stroll would be great.

Next question - what about ironing!!!!!
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2013, 4:33 pm

Ahhhhh sorry babe, no quotes for ironing lol.

Ironing is generally a no-no hun for 6 weeks post-op due to the use of the upper body whilst doing it and you really don't want to be working the upper body at all do you whilst your implants are settling. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 1st April 2013, 4:35 pm

That's the answer I was hoping for Cookie- thank you.
Any other horrible jobs I can get out of!
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2013, 4:40 pm

Hahahaha my kinda gal! Hysterical

No heavy lifting at all or anything that will put any pressure on the upper body babe. Its just common sense really.

You can cook as long as you aren't lifting heavy pans, you can clean as long as you don't do the hoovering or replace things like duvet covers which can put a lot of strain on the upper body. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 1st April 2013, 5:10 pm

Great advice from Cookie xx nothing to add really xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 1st April 2013, 5:14 pm

I was also told no ironing!! Yeaaaahhhhhh lol.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by xlaurenx 1st April 2013, 6:08 pm

Ohhh noo i am 10 days post op and i havent been doing full loads of ironing but did iron my oh work clothes and sons clothes that last few mornings is that ok or shall i stop? xxx
xlaurenx
xlaurenx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 1st April 2013, 6:12 pm

i'm still pre BA but finding these threads really useful and making all sorts of mental notes! :)

but basically with stuff like ironing, i was told just listen to your body throughout recovery. if you can do a little ironing without pain then i wouldn't think that should be a problem?
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Boodreams 1st April 2013, 6:14 pm

Stop! Crinkled clothes or crinkled boobs is how I look at it!
Boodreams
Boodreams
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 1st April 2013, 6:51 pm

i was told to walk as much as possible after my check at 10 days with my surgeon

but was told a def no to
hoovering, mopping,ironing, etc etc xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 1st April 2013, 9:53 pm

is this a good time to admit i NEVER iron lol, i just make sure to shake out and hang clothes properly on the line, and smart jeans and tops are always okay with that treatment :)
luckily i don't need shirts etc
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 1st April 2013, 10:29 pm

Boodreams wrote:Stop! Crinkled clothes or crinkled boobs is how I look at it!
Lol, love it!
Life's to short for ironing in this house! I did sneekly and very slowly and gently mop the kitchen today though when the oh was out today. Couldn't bare it any more but didn't want to hurt his feelings as his been brill at the house work since my op
X
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 1st April 2013, 10:49 pm

So what about things u feel u can do but think u shouldn't... I've been reaching for things and lifting my hands up- I need a good stretch, is that ok?? I've opened a couple of jars today too and been washing dishes like there's no tomorrow... Am I gonna do damage even if I feel I can easily do these things??
Xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by Boodreams 1st April 2013, 11:47 pm

My best friend texted me "so glad you're feeling etter, but please FAKE it and don't do anything while you heal". Love her.

I am a buy bee but am working hard to un-busy myself during this time.

I hope to be told to walk as much as I like at 10 day check.. That'll stop me from going bonkers ;)
Boodreams
Boodreams
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Boodreams 2nd April 2013, 9:23 am

Angie, it looks like most have been told the same things - no lifting includes no ironing, not hoovering, no mopping, no heavy pans etc. I laughed when my ps said that to me, thinking 'why would I even jeopardise my boobs?' - but ultimately, many women tend to go above and beyond and that's when we over do it & although I'm saying I ain't doing anything at my house, it's extremely hard & I got a cleaner in for the big weekly clean to prevent me from being tempted. I'm certainly not out spending any money at the moment, so that can pay for the luxury!

I have follow-up this week & will be asking about things like walks, stretching etc.
Boodreams
Boodreams
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 2nd April 2013, 9:58 am

I know ur right boodreams, I'm lucky to have great friends and they helped with the cleaning and the cooking in the first week, but as its half term they've all got kids to look after and I wouldn't feel comfortable with any help after that plus I feel I can do it myself. I cooked a few stews and froze them before the op and didn't feel the need to use them yet, I might use one today... But I will definitely stay away from hoovering, ironing and changing beds as long as I can xx.

As to walking... I thought that was recommended but I must say boonies feel much heavier when I'm out n about :-S
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 2nd April 2013, 10:04 am

Good idea getting a cleaner in. I am 2 weeks post op today and although OH has been hoovering the floor needs a good mop! Will have to broach the subject to him later along with 'oh and the bathrooms all need cleaning'. Will hold off showing him the ironing basket for a while.

It's so hard when you feel ok and up to doing it but I didn't pay all this money to have complications.

Really need to go for a walk to start burning off the calories. Seems I'm the only one been told not to- v strange!
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 2nd April 2013, 10:07 am

Redtulip u must be going out of ur mind not being able to go for a stroll?? Xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next