Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 weeks to go

5 posters

Go down

5 weeks to go Empty 5 weeks to go

Post by adele49704 30th April 2013, 10:11 pm

Right girls only 5 weeks till my op now so need to start getting ready, what things are must haves for me to buy for before and after surgery? Anything I should start doing noe for before surgery to strengthen my immune system?
adele49704
adele49704
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

5 weeks to go Empty Re: 5 weeks to go

Post by g0902 30th April 2013, 10:41 pm

Hi:) ny surgery is also in 5 weeks (5th june) what date are u in for?

I was told we should be taking vitamins and i also bought a few zip front bras to make it easier to get into it after op! Think some surgeons also advise to come off the pill rougly 6 weeks before!!:-)

xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 30th April 2013, 10:59 pm

hi, i'm still pre BA too, mine is on 21st june, but have been reading a LOT on here :)
abs crunches so you can bum shuffle your way out of bed (without using your arms)
a v pillow to help you sleep upright (cheap at argos)
definitely sports bras in varying sizes in case of swelling, or bra extenders may help if you have back fastening ones.. i'll be ordering a macom as they only come in back sizes but not cup sizes.. less to think about! ;)

i think the pill depends entirely on your surgeon/clinic, mine said its okay to continue taking it..

some recommend taking arnica tablets before and after to minimise / help with the bruising, but again check with your surgeon or clinic.

g, which vitamins have you been advised to take? i have previously read that girls have been advised to stop taking all supplements in the run up to surgery... shrug

i'm sure some post op girls will be along soon with some valuable advice, but these are the most important things i have remembered from my reading :) x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 1st May 2013, 12:51 pm

No asprin, vitamin or ibruprofen 2 weeks before surgery. Paracetamol is allowed, if needed do ring your clinic to double check. V pillow is a god send so are button and zip up tops. Try and get an underarm wax before hand as you will find it difficult to raise your arms for a good 2 weeks.

Put all your essentials at waist height so you don't have to reach up etc. There is a thread on here which tels you what to take for your bag although most of what I took didn't get used. X
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 1st May 2013, 1:09 pm

I read on a forum that taking vitamins helps recovery. I havent actually started any vitamin supplements as i tend to have a pretty good diet anyway but thought it was worth mentioning as some girls seemed to have been advised to do so. I would check this with ur surgeon :-)

With regards to the pill, again this depends on a surgeons preference but there is a very very rare risk of DVT if still on the pill... but again id check with ur surgeon xxxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 1st May 2013, 1:51 pm

Stop taking pill as it increases your risk of DVT, no vitamins 4 weeks before op.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down