Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..

+6
Nicole
COOKIE
loclo26
tinkerbell24
mrsball
Lauraloubell
10 posters

Go down

10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  Empty 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..

Post by Lauraloubell 26th February 2013, 1:33 pm

So I had my two week check today as I went in to have my dressings put back and she said all healing well so they could be removed. The scars look good, small amount of dry blood but she was pleased and said boobies were nice and soft for 10 days (I think they are like rocks but there you go!) 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  267328 It was nice to hear.
She removed the dressings (and my diy job!) and sprayed some really cold orange spray on to the scars. She has asked me not to shower for another two days, then to only shower every other day until my 6 week check and put sanitary pads (The really gross, cheapo ones!) under my bra to stop the scars from rubbing. She also told me to dry very gently and not use a hairdryier as apparently she has seen the dust cause infection 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  683465 NO BATHS!
She also tightened my bra straps and it is already more comfortable. She said no side sleeping, unless I can be sure that my arm will go under my boob rather than over as she said that can be painful - but it's more a pain thing than an issue that I might cause damage (as you girls have told me) so I won't worry much anymore. Kind of annoyed about the sanitary pad thing as I'm starting to feel really unattractive and I'm so not rocking the Frankensteins bride look anymore. But I'd rather I healed well so will take it in my stride.
10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  2610959195
I have my six week check booked the day before a big night out so will keep that day in my sights 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  773440

xxxxx
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  Empty Re: 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..

Post by mrsball 26th February 2013, 1:36 pm

Yeay so pleased or went well hunny roll on to 6 weeks...!! dance x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  Empty Re: 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..

Post by tinkerbell24 26th February 2013, 1:43 pm

i was able to have a bath until near 8 weeks, well i could have a bath but not submerge my boobs, it was murder and i actually felt depressed lol lol

Im still not signed off yet as my implants are still sitting high but i have my surgeon again in just over a week so will see what happens then

As for side sleeping if you slightly hug your v pillow that will make a small space for your boob to "sit" in when you are sleeping

Sanitary towels are the way to go im using cotton wool when im in wires as my scars are a little achey xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 26th February 2013, 1:51 pm

Thanks girls! I'm going to have to buy them online though with my food shopping as don't think I've got the balls to go buying Asda smartprice extra large sanitary towels in person 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  375568
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 26th February 2013, 2:00 pm

What great news that your healing well! X X
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th February 2013, 2:19 pm

Sounds like you had a a right jobs worth of a nurse lol.

Of course you must follow the advise you've been given... But, do you have access to your surgeon through Email?

Showering every other day for 4 weeks if you're wounds are healing well?

Cushioning the scar with a sanitary pad if you're healing well and not suffering discomfort from the bra band?

These things really aren't necessary unless there's an actual problem with the incision, which of course she said there isn't? Screwy

If you have contact with your surgeon hun I'd address this with him... I suspect none of this is necessary at all if you don't need it and its the first time I've heard of an infection caused by dust from a hairdryer lol... How the heck would she know this was the direct cause?

Like I said, if you CAN contact your surgeon then ask his opinion babe, if not, then I'm afraid you're stuck with pads for the next four weeks Hug

Glad everything is healing well for you though babe :ok: xx

Last edited by cookie on 26th February 2013, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 26th February 2013, 2:28 pm

Dust from a hairdryer??!! Hysterical well I think I must start finding a new way to dry my hair!!!!! X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 26th February 2013, 2:34 pm

Ha! To be honest I can't face another 40 minute arguement with her if I go above her head like I had last time so I think I'll just be period boob woman for four weeks. I hope my boyfriend can remember the woman I once was 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  557141
I know there are girls on here with the same surgeon (different nurse) who are bathing (not submerging) and not wearing padding after their 10/12 day check so Im sure it's all nuts but as I say, I'm pleased to be healing well and if I'm sure their okay in a couple of weeks I'll call her then and see what she says. I wasexpecting to have steristrips over the scars actually, now I think about it. But there are none, just the pads.
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 26th February 2013, 2:37 pm

I didn't have steristips back on after day 10 just micropore tape x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 26th February 2013, 2:40 pm

It's not faaaaair 10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  43877
;)
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 26th February 2013, 3:13 pm

awww hun. at least you're healing well tho, and they look fab in your avi xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballet babe 26th February 2013, 4:17 pm

Hi yes ur pic looks fantastic! Had to laugh at ur "boyfriend remembering" u comment- reminded me of my milk coming in and nursing a baby for the first time and all the horrendous joys that come with it- don't think my hubby could quite believe that the mammoth ugly sore boobs with baby attached were the same ones he once loved!!!! But like that, these days will pass and all your effort, care and time will have paid off! X
Ballet babe
Ballet babe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by chr1st1na 26th February 2013, 4:28 pm

Hey booby birthday buddy! wavey

I was given a whole heap of steri gauze pads from the nurse to pop under my bra line to stop any rubbing so u won't spot me grabbing the monster sized sanitary pads in Asda Hysterical

I've been showering everyday since day 1 but day 9 (dressings off) was my first shower without cling filmed boobies lol! That was bliss but my nurse said showering daily is fine just not to rub the incisions and gently towel pat dry.

No sleeping on your side - well done u for sticking to that 1! I keep waking on my side in the mornings but I am in a strap so I guess it's not so bad for me - I just can't stay sleeping on my back it's impossible lol!

Really glad ur healing well! Roll on the 6 week check! xx
chr1st1na
chr1st1na
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 26th February 2013, 4:30 pm

eh chr1is1ina 10days post op Shocked ur avi looks amazing!!!!!! well jel lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 26th February 2013, 4:51 pm

Hi girls! Avis looking great! Laura & Christina do you have a picture trail i could have a peek at yet? xx
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Perrie91 26th February 2013, 4:55 pm

who was your nurse hun was it in Southampton?? I had mr meleagros too and when I went back to clinic in Southampton the nurse told me I was aloud to have baths and fully submerge my boobies and sleep on my side back etc and I was only 11 days post op she also told me I only had to wear my sports bra all the time for 3 weeks :S hopefully what she told me was rite and it isn't going to affect my healing :S glad your healing well tho hun having to wear sanitary towels in ur bras are funny tho :D lucky no one can see xx
Perrie91
Perrie91
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by chr1st1na 26th February 2013, 5:00 pm

yahoo

Hey tinkerbell, thanks hun that was actually 3 days post op, I was being naughty putting a bra on really but it was only for a minute :) They've changed loads now!
Your pic looks fab too!

Lauraloubell is ur avi a sports bra? It looks rly cute but still comfy - I hate mine lol x
chr1st1na
chr1st1na
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

10 day/ 2 week check update - baths and beyond..  Empty Picture trail

Post by chr1st1na 26th February 2013, 5:06 pm

nikkinoo wrote:Hi girls! Avis looking great! Laura & Christina do you have a picture trail i could have a peek at yet? xx

My picture trail is almost ready hun, I just need to upload all my pics in order then I'll be happy to share password to anyone that wants a peek :) xx
chr1st1na
chr1st1na
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 26th February 2013, 5:16 pm

Thanks honey. Lauras bra is lovely. Where did you get it from? x
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 26th February 2013, 11:01 pm

nikkinoo wrote:Hi girls! Avis looking great! Laura & Christina do you have a picture trail i could have a peek at yet? xx
I do, but no one can get on there with the password so I won't waste yur time until Ive figured it out :) xxxx
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 26th February 2013, 11:03 pm

Perrie91 wrote:who was your nurse hun was it in Southampton?? I had mr meleagros too and when I went back to clinic in Southampton the nurse told me I was aloud to have baths and fully submerge my boobies and sleep on my side back etc and I was only 11 days post op she also told me I only had to wear my sports bra all the time for 3 weeks :S hopefully what she told me was rite and it isn't going to affect my healing :S glad your healing well tho hun having to wear sanitary towels in ur bras are funny tho :D lucky no one can see xx

I know right!! how embarrassing! Mine is in Reading. I'm sure your lady was riht and mine is just over the top!! xxx
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 26th February 2013, 11:06 pm

nikkinoo wrote:Thanks honey. Lauras bra is lovely. Where did you get it from? x
Aww, thanks hun. It's Gilly Hicks. It's not a support bra per sey, but it's not got wires and is a high riser so fairly supportive. Certainly not good enough for the first two weeks but I was told okay for shorter periods from there on in as it's very soft. They do lots of colours and matching pants. I got navy blue and white. Topship havesome gorgeous non wired bras at the moment too. I just got a wedgewood blue one - so pretty. xxx
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down