Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many surgeons did you see....

+8
Kurukullachis
tinkerbell24
mrs_s_88
mrsball
willows
Nicole
CharFaye
COOKIE
12 posters

Go down

How many surgeons did you see.... Empty How many surgeons did you see....

Post by COOKIE 28th January 2013, 11:21 am

....and how many do you think you should see before having your BA?

For my first BA I saw only 1. I was new to cosmetic procedures, excited and VERY naive.... How wrong I was not to have researched....

My 2nd was a re-op so my options were limited, but the surgeon they allocated to me for my re-op I point blank refused to have him operate on me. I did research him and he didnt seem to bad on paper, but when I met him and the way he man handled me, there was no way I was going to let him put a knife to me!!!!! I literally had to argue to see another surgeon, but I got my way and was fine with the next. So 2 surgeons for my 2nd op

My 3rd, again limited because it was yet another re-op and like what happens very often with Transform, a lot of surgeons tend to move on after a while, so I had to choose yet another surgeon, or I should say, I was allocated another surgeon (when having re-ops if your surgeon no longer works for the company, you are more or less forced to see who they wish you to see) so I saw only 1 surgeon for my 3rd, but thankfully I was happy with the surgeon.

I think if you're new to cosmetic procedures, especially the procedure you're having, in our case BAs, then you should see at least 3 surgeons that you have researched yourself to give you the best options, surgery plans and choice of surgeon before making any decisions.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How many surgeons did you see.... Empty Re: How many surgeons did you see....

Post by CharFaye 28th January 2013, 12:04 pm

I went to mya over a year ago for a 'free consultation' I got a pushy young lady who made me sit there and stuff my bra with Implants and she said yes or no to which looked right or wrong, I never saw a surgeon or got measured, my top never came off.
I was put off for 6 months then I went to spire, mr Johnson did everything, I wasn't messed around he understood me completely, he focused on my lifestyle why I wanted BA, aftercare, possible complications and I fell in love!
So pleased with my results so far, I'm so happy/lucky I found him and he was the first surgeon I'd seen xx
CharFaye
CharFaye
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1240

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 28th January 2013, 12:13 pm

I went to transform, mya and hospital group in December 2011 and saw mr sforza, mr netri and mr Russo. All of these surgeons were allocated to my by the pcc. Then because of health issues had to put BA on hold. Started researching again in October 2012 and this time decides to choose my own surgeons; mr chantsrasak, mr berry and mr withey. I didn't see mr withey in the end because of work but saw mr Richards instead (who again, I chose and asked to see). Id say see at least 3 because you tend to get varying opinions so with 3 you get the majority vote BUT I know how it feels to be so impatient ... If it wasn't for my health having to put BA on hold I would have rushed in and booked (and the surgeon Who i like 1. got struck off and 2. Offered me a massive implant my current ps is adamant would be too big n cause complications) I'm so glad I've done by research and I think everyone should see at least one BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeon just to compare the quality of consultations xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 28th January 2013, 12:25 pm

im seeing 2 all together. I know i want DR chantarasak who i researched loads beforehand and ive seen already him through transform but im also booked in with mya to see Dr Grob just to get a 2nd opinion and to be able to haggle on the price! xxx
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 28th January 2013, 12:27 pm

is the hospital group free surgoen consultation by the way? x
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 28th January 2013, 12:46 pm

First ba I only saw one, again being quite young, VERY niave to Bas and everything involved , what to expect etc. anyway after my consulatation with him, I googled him read up etc and found out he was in fact a very highly respected baaps/bapras surgeon ( i did back then think though all surgeons were bappas registerd again my naivity) and the op was to be done at west London clinic where 10 years younger was done and he had done program's like extreme makeover and cosmetic surgery school so I knew I'd be in good hands. I like him also he was friendly.
And that was that. 5yrs later wanting a re aug due to pregnancy I contacted him again as i had been happy with original ba and had 2nd ba with him. And then 3rd due to complication. But it was dealt with professionally and sympathetically and all inc in my aftercare, and I didn't have to fight or complain for a re op. which made things so much easier and better as a complication is bad enough but to have to fight for it must be awful.

I do agree though I think you should see at least 3 to get an overall opinion and opinions and just to see if you have more of a click and connection with one. As you will find you will do.m
Having a bad consulation can make you realise a good one.

It's funny in a way yes I should have had more consultations and wish I had but then again as I was so niave to the whole ba journey I didn't even know what a baaps registered surgeon was (i assumed they all were)and didn't know the major companies don't generally have them surgeons.
I'm glad I went with my surgeon the only one I saw but I suppose I was lucky rather than informed.
I know so much more now than I ever did back then, but I still think I would have gone with him regardless. X

Last edited by mrsball on 28th January 2013, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs_s_88 28th January 2013, 1:06 pm

I saw three surgeons, one with my breast and two with transform. One of the surgeons with transform was recommended to me by a friend and the other two surgeons I did my research online and looked through topics on the forums to make my decision.
The first consultation was the surgeon I ended up going with, Mr Meleagros at Transform. The consultation was great and I wanted t book there and then but I thought it best to get a few opinions and I already had the others booked. I am glad I saw the other surgeons as it helped to compound my decision to go with Mr M and that he was the right surgeon for me.
Xxx
mrs_s_88
mrs_s_88
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th January 2013, 1:14 pm

i knew I wanted Mr Ray to do my BA but seen another 3 anyway.

I seen Prof. Andrew Hart but when i met him we just didnt click and he was more into hand surgery lol or at least thats what he kept talking about

I seen Vivek Sivarajan who was through the Harley medical group and he was a great surgeon and we clicked but I had decided by then I def wanted Mr Ray

I also see John Telfer he was great but again I think by now I had by hears set on Mr Ray who I had been back to see for a second time by now

I read alot about Mr Ray and liked he had a few professional memberships and he had done breast reconstruction on the NHS, the only down thing is I hadnt really read alot of people who he had done work on but I met up with one of his ladies, we met one time we were both waiting to see him, she had a breast removed and reconstruted by him and when she showed me I couldnt tell which was which

so yeah I def agree do some research, next time if Mr Ray isnt about i will see a few surgeons again xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 28th January 2013, 2:46 pm

I saw 3 for my first BA.
Nick Percival who I really really really wanted to do them even paid but then he didn't want to operate because I was recovering from an ED :(
Mr Khan at Transform I didn't like him at all and hated transforms pcc!!
Then I saw the surgeon I went with :( and wish I'd carried on looking or waited for nick to give me the ok.

My 2nd op was a re op so I had no choice in surgeon. So 4 over all.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 28th January 2013, 3:52 pm

I saw 2 but as soon as I met Mr M I knew I wanted him. Although I do think it would have probably been more sensible to have 3 to compare xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by red 28th January 2013, 4:13 pm

For 1st BA only 1 surgeon as like Cookie said very naive and excited. He was a BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeon though so I mistakenly thought all would be well-how wrong I got it.

For my 2nd BA, after only 3 and a half years. after reading and receiving advice on this forum I saw 4 surgeons from Transform, Mybreast, Mya and Spire. All four surgeons recommended similar cc, and profile and placement. and I really liked the 2 surgeons from Mya and Spire. However after my previous upset with Spire, I made my final decision to go with Mya because of the aftercare.

I would suggest 3 or 4 consultations with different surgeons,and to check the aftercare policies, which is something I didn't even give a thought to. x
red
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by miss_vie 28th January 2013, 9:02 pm

I booked a free consultation with transform which would have been with a patient co ordinator I believe, then stumbled across me Ramakrishnan after doing lots more research on him booked my consultation like char loved him and the way he answered questions, implant sizes profiles etc felt at ease immediately with him knew I wanted him to do my BA. Cancelled transform and didn't look for anyone else. May live to regret that years down the line but what I did was right for the here and now :-) would advise people that if your not sure to shop around for me it was more a gut feeling of knowing he was who I wanted and his credentials spoke for themselves also xx
miss_vie
miss_vie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 28th January 2013, 9:31 pm

For my 1st BA, I stupidly saw just the 1 and booked out of excitement! Stupid me. Ended up with PIP's. 4 years later, I saw 3 surgeons before choosing who to go with to replace my PIP's :) I think everyone should see 2/3 x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down