Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgeons & their views

+5
tizzyt
carolyn77
abbie
Peachy34
Alt_Barbie
9 posters

Go down

Surgeons & their views Empty Surgeons & their views

Post by Alt_Barbie 2nd February 2011, 1:56 pm

Yesterday I went to a open day at Spire in Portsmouth, a friend is wanting to get her boobies done.

The surgeon there, I dont know his name was very opinionated & his way was the right way etc... I felt he skimmed past all the bad parts, didnt speak much about complications & just tried to sell it as easy surgery.

He spoke about implant sizes briefly & said anything above the 320cc mark is far to big... I think its so funny how different their views can be. Without me even commenting on the size I have he continued to say that 700cc is ridiculous & they are trouble. He would never do it.

Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Surgeons & their views Empty Re: Surgeons & their views

Post by Peachy34 2nd February 2011, 2:03 pm

Aren't you glad you didn't go with him then hun. I thought it was about what was right for the patient. x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 2nd February 2011, 2:05 pm

i think there seems to be some surgeons who are way too conservative with size and the clients come away unhappy because the size isnt anything like they expected, and then you get the odd one that encourages people to go massive. Luckily most of them seem to listen well to what the customer wants, but yeah, it really can differ from surgeon to surgeon
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 2nd February 2011, 2:06 pm

Lol yesh...

We went because I took her to Mr Singh last week, he suggested she have 525cc which looked great. I thought it was good she see other surgeons.

I dont think she liked him either
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 2nd February 2011, 2:16 pm

I'm not surprised I only had 310's but half the people on here have had over 320 and look blo*dy great so if a surgeon told me otherwise I wouldn't believe them anyway. Ok sure with bigger implants may come bigger problems but not always and plenty of people with smaller implants have problems too. By the sounds of it he will be doing himself out of some right business or have patients coming away unhappy. Each to their own but I don't think I could have gone with someone like that. x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 2nd February 2011, 2:21 pm

No, I mean if he said he didn't like doing bigger sizes etc but would consider it then ok.. But he sounded adamant he wouldn't as it was stupidly to big.
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn77 2nd February 2011, 4:13 pm

Hi girls, I agree with you, each patient and their choices should be treated individually - bet you are glad you didn't fork out £100 odd to see this surgeon!

Think i may have upset my surgeon (also a spire surgeon) since I told him I didn't want to use his implant of choice , the "furry brazilians"! I emailed his secretary to tell her this and to ask some pretty standard questions - can he use the normal round type implants on me instead, will the price quoted differ because of the change of implants, which day does he operate on and how long is his waiting list. she emailed me to say he can use the round implants and to phone to book. I said I'd got another consultation booked with a different surgeon next week and I'd make my decision after the other consultation but I favour the first surgeon because he has really good reviews.

So today I get an email to say the 1st surgeon I saw has a long waiting list and suggests I book with the 2nd consultation surgeon! Does that sound like I've peed him off with questions and not using his implant of choice? or do you think it's just that he knows i want the BA done pretty quickly? sorry if its a bit long winded!
carolyn77
carolyn77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 2nd February 2011, 4:32 pm

Alt_Barbie wrote:No, I mean if he said he didn't like doing bigger sizes etc but would consider it then ok.. But he sounded adamant he wouldn't as it was stupidly to big.

Hard to take his comments seriously when I see the likes of you, mrsm and sarahdawn who have had bigger implants and look fabulous x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tizzyt 2nd February 2011, 4:35 pm

It is strange how some surgeons have different opinions.Maybe they are just not confident to place big implants.Don,t worry hun you look great and im sure lots of people agree x
tizzyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 972

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 2nd February 2011, 4:36 pm

Hi Carolyn, I've never heard of that type of implant hun so will google that but if you have stressed you want your op quick the surgeon may just be saying you would be better off trying elsewhere if he has a long wait. I can't see him being put off by the few questions you have asked which are pretty standard x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn77 2nd February 2011, 4:44 pm

Hi girls, def agree with you - alt_barbie's boobs do look great! All depends what you want and what your body's like i suppose.

Thanks peachy, I do want the op quickly but would of course be willing to wait for the right surgeon. Have emailed his secretary back to say this. You are right though, pretty normal questions I thought - maybe his secretary is just busy today!
carolyn77
carolyn77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 2nd February 2011, 4:52 pm

I just didnt get how opinionated how was... Its about what we want surely? Not what they think we want size wise..

My friend asked if there was a difference in how they feel over/under as I said there was from reading everyones comments on here & he said there was no difference what so ever.

Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn77 2nd February 2011, 4:56 pm

hmmm he sounds like a very old fashioned type man - he knows best and that's that! how could he possibly know for sure if unders/overs feel different? there are so many women on here posting about unders/overs and different people feel differently about them. I think he would definately put me off booking with him.
carolyn77
carolyn77
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 2nd February 2011, 6:57 pm

Yep I saw a fair few surgeons before my BA and they all had very different ideas of what would be best for me. One even tried to talk me out of having a BA as he thought my boobs were fine the way they were. Sure enough if I had gone with than PS then he problies only would have given me small implants which was not at all what I wanted. I think its always good to shop around as it were until you are totally sure a surgeon is on your wavelength with everything you want. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd February 2011, 7:03 pm

He's obviously a pig headed man, has no clue what women want and probably thinks he's the best surgeon in the world.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 3rd February 2011, 2:19 am

misf1 wrote:He's obviously a pig headed man, has no clue what women want and probably thinks he's the best surgeon in the world.

Well said!

My ps said he always encourages his patients to go bigger because over the years he has has soooo many ladies coming in from other ps's for a 2nd ba to go bigger.

That ps is crazy to think over 320;s is big because on me my 540's dont look big.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 3rd February 2011, 8:14 am

It is funny how they all have such different views. I know a lot of PS's won't go over the 480-500cc mark purely because they are heavy and the need for an uplift in the future is greatly increased. When I went to see a few PS's before I had asked just to put a big implant in instead of an uplift. They all agreed that this would not be a long lasting result. That the weight of the implant of that size in a "saggy breast" (gosh I love being told they were saggy) would work for a year or two but would then need uplift. Its up to the PS and the person having the op I suppose. Some of them just like using bigger implants and some ladies prefer that look. I know personally I would never have got a way with it as with just having a nipple lift has given me an odd sloping breast so am assuming they would have been worse without!

J-x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down