Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of stuff I need for after boob job

+10
RoxyChick
MsTeews
_Carrie_
Mia
LJK
orika
Miss Ellie
cakey_baby
BlondeBarbie
dbs
14 posters

Go down

List of stuff I need for after boob job Empty List of stuff I need for after boob job

Post by dbs 8th June 2009, 11:25 am

Im making a list of stuff of things I need for my BA, has anyone got any recommendations...sorry if this has been done before..so far I have

x1 post surgery bra
x1 sports bra
x2 zip tops to wear after BA
Arnica(do i need this?, what type should i get, when should i start taking it?)
bio oil for scars
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

List of stuff I need for after boob job Empty Re: List of stuff I need for after boob job

Post by BlondeBarbie 8th June 2009, 11:41 am

You dont really need much hun, you dont need arnica/bio oil, theyre not essentials. I didnt use any of these things but some do. Another thing would be a pillow for the journey home so you're comfy x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

List of stuff I need for after boob job Empty Re: List of stuff I need for after boob job

Post by cakey_baby 8th June 2009, 11:47 am

Yes a pillow is a must as is baby wipes and lady wipes lol, remember your not going to be able to wash properly for a week or so, i found the baby wipes a god send!

Dont worry about the Bio oil, ive just got mine 2 months post op you wont be able to use it until at least 6 weeks so you can get it later on, i took arnica i was recommended to take it 4 days before and 1 week after but not on the day of surgery. I got 30cc in a little purple tube from holland and barretts or you can buy it from boots.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ellie 8th June 2009, 11:56 am

I didn't take arnica - was recommended not to for some reason. My contribution is -

Tops that button or zip up down the front or you can step into
Baggy trousers that have an elasticated waist.
Lots of DVD's to watch when you get home. Sitting on your Bum Wiggle all day whilst you recover is boring.
Senacot
Short course of sleeping tablets from your GP if (s)he will oblige.
Put everything you will need when you get home at waist level so you're not reaching up.

Good luck!!

Ellie
x
Miss Ellie
Miss Ellie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 8th June 2009, 12:02 pm

will remember to bring a pillow- thanks for that one- good tip about the lady wipes too!
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by orika 8th June 2009, 7:17 pm

I copied this list of stuff from somewhere - you may not need it all but it's useful to see what other people have recommended!

v pillow
films / DVDs / books / magazines
dry shampoo
zip up tops
stock up cupboads & freezer with groceries
pineapple juice
bottled water
painkillers
straws
bio oil
heating pad for back
metamucil
hair remover lotion
nipple covers

Not sure why pineapple juice specifically, but hey, it's tasty! I'll go for that!

Straws for drinking seems quite clever too - no lifting arms!

- O x
orika
orika
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 8th June 2009, 7:24 pm

That's a good list, especially straws, what a simple yet clever idea.
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 8th June 2009, 8:33 pm

Good one thanks Orika 👍
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 8th June 2009, 9:03 pm

Great list Orika 👍

Arnica 30cc you can order from Ainsworth's in London too. 4 times daily roughly week ten days before and after. Some P.S.'s dot advice but they certainly helped me wth bruising and swelling. You can also get in cream/gel if not taken internally.

The thing I found usefull was a walking stick to get out of bed.... and long handled kitchen tongs to reach anything I couldent myself Rolling Eyes These were not planned...only discovered through need.

Could also help to move things around for children I guess. :allo: xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 8th June 2009, 9:23 pm

Dry shampoo definitely! And I lived in joggers, vest tops and button up shirts. I looked a total sight but was so comfy!!!

Also bra extenders for if you swell and your bra strap digs in...got mine in La Senza for a fiver and they were a god send and saved me buying extra bras.

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 9th June 2009, 8:32 am

great ideas ladies keep em coming x
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 9th June 2009, 8:54 am

and if you've got an OH one those too. Nice to have someone around helping you for a change :) x
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 9th June 2009, 10:19 am

Hey lovely, have a look here, there are some things that you will need after the journey home, as well as at hospital

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 9th June 2009, 10:26 am

What is this dry shampoo, is it a powder? Is it with all the bottles of shampoo in Boots?
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 9th June 2009, 11:13 am

Hi hun, you can get a bottle of Toni N Guy dry shampoo from Boots, it sprays like a hairspray and its also useful for volumising your hair too Cheerleader .

I took 6cc of arnica about 2weeks before and finished the lot yestrday and i havent had much(if any) swelling and ive not bruised at all, not even the IV in my hand either.

Hope all goes well

Good Luck
Give You
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th June 2009, 1:15 pm

sarahsbabies wrote:What is this dry shampoo, is it a powder? Is it with all the bottles of shampoo in Boots?
Dry shampoo was so useful, its in a spray can but in the shampoo section usually, you spray it on the roots or where its greasy and brush through and it absorbs the grease.
I use Batiste from superdrug, its only £1.99 i think and has a nice smell. I bought lots of bottles of water so i had easy access to lots of fluids post op x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 9th June 2009, 1:56 pm

Thanks Nads, I'll pop into Superdrug next time I'm in town and get some Cheerleader . Loving these new emo thingys :allo:
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 28th July 2011, 12:24 pm

orika wrote:I copied this list of stuff from somewhere - you may not need it all but it's useful to see what other people have recommended!

[...]
nipple covers
[...]

- O x

Hi Orika, may I ask you why you included nipple covers in the shopping list please? Is it to protect them from the tight bandage/sports bra maybe? Another question, are they easy to remove or painful like the traditional medical plasters? Thank you :o)
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down